1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Partnerships - Do you like them or hate them? WHY?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by OutsourcedMyLife, Aug 30, 2010.

In the last few days I've heard a bunch of horror stories regarding partnerships. Personally everything I've done has been solo. It's cool to have all the executive decision power, but sometimes I think a partner would be fun to try... but then I reflect on the horror stories.

Here's the problem: Partnerships can be great at first, but can progressively suck as the business changes, grows, stagnates, etc... and they usually do one of these. ;)

Any time I've gotten in a position of bringing on a partner I've weighed the pros and cons and realize that I'd be better off hiring out for their skills than bringing in someone to muddy the executive / decision making waters.

So, what do you all think about partners?

Have you had partners in projects / businesses? If so, how did it go and would you do it again? What would you counsel those thinking about a partnership?

OutsourcedMyLife, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  2. cPAce

cPAce Peon

Best Answers:
    They can be terrible if you havnt known the person you are partnering with for a very long time.

cPAce, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Use them as a last resort imo it's usually better to just outsource the work.

dcristo, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  4. blok

blok Peon

Best Answers:
    Its like anything, it can be good and bad. Your profit is immediately split in half but so is your work load.

blok, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  5. UnBooked

UnBooked Peon

Best Answers:
    They can be good in the sense that your work load is split in half but unless you know your partner on a personal level, the relationship is likely not to last. One partner will probably end up "X'ing" the other.

UnBooked, Aug 30, 2010 IP