1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My opinions on DP

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by UKMatt, Sep 28, 2006.

I signed up for an account here a while back - but didn't visit, was too busy visiting other forums. I never even looked here properly.

Anyway, now I'm back, and my view on DP so far is very positive!

I've found alot of great resoruces, and a very active (+free) marketplace.

I love it.

UKMatt, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  2. albemarle24

albemarle24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you will find this will become your primary site for SEO. I feel the keyword tracking tool is absolutely essential and the forums are the best source of accurate material out there. Good site management and good users.

albemarle24, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  3. Angeleyes

Angeleyes Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree... this site has helped me A LOT! I'm so glad I found it.

I also found a few other forums, like SP, and a few others... and of course I didn't find any of them to be as helpful as DP. Which is why I am here!!! :)

Angeleyes, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  4. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    yes i love it too! :D

DomainMagnate, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  5. bbqchips

bbqchips Guest

Best Answers:
    The marketplace here does seem very active!

bbqchips, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  6. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Soon DP becomes so addicting that you dream about it.. :D:D:D:D

EGS, Sep 28, 2006 IP
    iowadawg likes this.
  7. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure it is the top for SEo, as there are a lot of Noobs posting stuff that might hurt noober noobs :D

As a web marketing resource though it is without doubt top drawer

Old Welsh Guy, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  8. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OWG is correct about the quantity ofnoob (and other) time-wasting posts. I think the forum is going down hill in this department. The sooner management works out a way of splitting off these useless posts into a separate section, the better.

If the New Posts button was edited for junk content this would be the best SEO site inline.

Rod, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  9. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    DP ranks as the best resource tool that is available on the web today, both from a technical and marketing viewpoint

britishguy, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  10. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:
    Withut doubt DP is probably the best allround forum available. I was not critical of it , I was just stting that for PURE SEo, there are more SEO focused sites :)

Old Welsh Guy, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  11. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    DP is great for a lot of things, but the problem is, to my way of thinking, that instead of being a forum for webmasters/marketers/designers, etc
    It is slowly turning into a general forum where anybody and his brother/sister can join and post about anything under the sun.

Maybe a good idea is for someone to promote those of us who want to be a mod, to mod status over one particular forum and keep it cleaned up.

Yeah, that is what we need!
    More dedicated mods!

How about it Shawn?

iowadawg, Sep 28, 2006 IP
    EGS likes this.
  12. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Bubba Shawn says that moderators are randomly picked to those he thinks deserve it - and when he says random, he meants it. =\

I doubt he'll be up for the idea.

EGS, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  13. DeniseJ

DeniseJ Live, Laugh, Love

Best Answers:
    DP is definitely a great resource for those serious about the work they do. There will always be users who post misinformation; however, you just have to be smart enough to realize when what you're reading is a bunch of b.s.

DeniseJ, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  14. seoindia

seoindia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You missed a lot of time, hopes you have realized the actual potential of DP.

seoindia, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  15. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:
    edenise you are spot on there. Whenever I see misinformation, I dive in and post what I consider to be the correct information. Of course, this mostly ends up with my getting red rep for being 'a **&%$ bald &&&^%&^$' :D They are of course right about that LOL

As long as there are people here who will correct misinformation it will continue to be a top resource

Old Welsh Guy, Sep 29, 2006 IP
    North Carolina SEO likes this.
  16. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    Although I agree with their being lots of worthless posts, I would say that the one thing about DP is there are a lot of people that aren't afraid to say something is BS. I have been in too many forums where misinformation is constantly repeated and if you dare call someone out, you suddenly aren't "noob" friendly.

SEO itself is 90% BS so that makes it difficult in an open forum to address all the misconceptions as you would be posting 25 hours a day non stop.

These days I get most of my SEO info from controlled blogs where I can read without the clutter and make decisions for myself. I look at DP as more of a AdSense/AdWords (If you can skip all the "I made .03" posts), Marketing and General Chat Forum.

To be honest the level of SEO analysis isn't great but thats OK seeing as no forum can (or should be) all things to all people.

yfs1, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  17. Robert Allen

Robert Allen Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you ever tryed to run a forum getting 100posts/day? I find it EXTREMLY hard, but think about it, there must be around 2000posts/day here which is 20times more and 20times harder to manage.

I have never been able to cope with managing a forum since. I simily dont bother with forums anymore.

So far, i think that the mods and admins have done a great job, but i think that members NEED to report more posts which break the rules. Sure the admins and mods get more email notifications, but it is the best to deal with the problem.

There was a thread about me yesterday which i was quite shocked about, but i smoothly PM'ed a moderator and the thread starter and told the thread starter i am cool about them doing it, after all, it is basically free speech, and i told the admin warning them in case it got out of control, which these threads seem to end in.

Just use some logic before posting and just report posts instead of replying to bad posts and the problem could be sorted quicker with fewer people getting in trouble with the forum police. I could have flamed the living crap out of them, but i know that doesnt work because i got banned on namepros for doing that

What i am trying to say, is think twice or even three times if what you are posting might get you a bad rep or cause a flaming war over the forum. It is hard to manage this site, i know what it is like, it is a pain

I havnt been active on here long enough to comment on the forum state, but overall it is positive and very good. The mods and admins are very fair and i have no complaints, which is rare because i always have suggestions for forums and sites. Here i dont, that is how good it.

Thanks,

Rob

Robert Allen, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  18. aditya_sfs

aditya_sfs Peon

Best Answers:
    Well i love the strictness they follow with regards to the members. There are forums with 100000 members but very less are active but on DP you will always find a big crowd here. Moreover other forums people create many IDs comfortbly.. but here by mistake i created 2 ids and got banned for 6 months without excuse.

So love DP... mods or admins can gimme green for that ,,

aditya_sfs, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  19. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:
    my rugby forum gets about 400 posts a day, and on the weekend a hell of a lot more. PLUS, they are all drunk on a Saturday night. Makes for interesting reading :D

I hope people do not think I was criticising DP, because I wasn't :) It is a great place for a broad range of information, and a top place for some light relief as well

Old Welsh Guy, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  20. North Carolina SEO

North Carolina SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What's not to like? Good people with challenging thoughts on provacative topics... have a great time here and contribute when you can! :cool:

North Carolina SEO, Sep 29, 2006 IP