1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HELP! Main website page not showing in Google, only subpages

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by technolochic, Aug 30, 2010.

I need some help, guys!

The website for my business on Google is acting quirky.

If I put in my website's address or my company's name, I only get subpages of my site. My main website's page does not show on Google at all. It used to, but not anymore!

What should I do? Is there any way to resolve this problem?

technolochic, Aug 30, 2010 IP
    psharma likes this.
  2. kullan

kullan Peon

Best Answers:
    how old are your website ? Relax

kullan, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  3. technolochic

technolochic Peon

Best Answers:
    My website is about 2 months old. This issue just started today.

technolochic, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  4. obizyana

obizyana Active Member

Best Answers:
    The positions in Google may jump from the top-10 and far to the last positions of results. And they may return again very soon. By the way, your website is very young and it's normal when the SERP is "shaking". I think you should wait for some time and your homepage will be back to search results.
    And have you got back links to the homepage? You shouldn't place too many back links to your website for the first time. Everything should be naturally. And if you don't have any back link at all, please, try to buy some.

obizyana, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  5. ezestseo

ezestseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, your website is too young...and may be your inner pages have good content than home page...so search engine may have crawled and indexed that pages first...do some search engine submission and social bookmarking...that i suggest...any other comments are appreciated...

ezestseo, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  6. clive2

clive2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Your site is new one. Check the webmaster tool to know more. Also check the robots.txt whether by mistakenly home page disallowed. May be your home page not indexed, not cached. Check load time for home page as it may be due to flash or jpg. Get backlink to your home page.

clive2, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  7. ChrisMonty

ChrisMonty Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's probably the big key...start building some backlinks to your home page as quickly as possible, once you've made sure that nothing is wrong with it.

ChrisMonty, Aug 30, 2010 IP