1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I Am №1. Now What?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Clientchuk, Aug 28, 2010.

Not so long ago I occupied the first place in Google's organic search for the keyword "cfd dealing". At least that is what I see from my country in several different Googles. You can check it, my site is cfddealings.co.uk. That Google tool tells me that this keyword has 120 exact searches per day in avarage. But the traffic from the search engine is less than 1 lost soul per day.
    If anyone explains me clearly the reason, I will send you a bottle of beer.

Clientchuk, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  2. CaLLMeDaDDy

CaLLMeDaDDy Peon

Best Answers:
    About 822,000 results

Get a new keyword > Atleast 3k Global Searches per day > Make your way to the top...

I also live in the UK, your site is top but About 822,000 results...

CaLLMeDaDDy, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  3. Montreal Classifieds

Montreal Classifieds Active Member

Best Answers:
    When I search from Canad using google.ca, you are on 4th place.
    On UK google site you first.
    Now check how many daily searches coming daily from UK?
    And, don't forget, maybe majority of these searches actually coming from you and other related website owners. 120 a day is very small number of searches.
    Try to find better, related keywords with higher number of searches and with low competition.
    You can read some keyword selection tips here.

Montreal Classifieds, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  4. munnan

munnan Guest

Best Answers:
    Go google dot com and write "keyword", the top result will be adwords keywords tool (I am very new to this forum, live links are not acceptable from me yet)
    You need to find some other good keywords to focus on along with current one to get more visitors.

munnan, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  5. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    If you search for it in quotes, you only find about 8000 competing sites, so it's not very highly contested, which suggests there isn't a lot of traffic for it, no matter what tool tells you there is. If you search for it without quotes, you'll pick up gazillions of things with dealing in, which is not really relevant.

contentboss, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  6. Amator

Amator Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What traffic do you get from this keyword ?
    BTW, in google.be you are at 3 for the keyword.

First step is staying at No 1.
    I think next steps is finding other related keywords to work on.

Amator, Aug 29, 2010 IP
  7. relivearth

relivearth Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratualtion...Enjoy it..relax and gather some energy to fight back for some new keywords!!!:)

relivearth, Aug 29, 2010 IP
  8. Dinesh_add

Dinesh_add Active Member

Best Answers:
    soo did any got one beer ?to @ Clientchuk, man please try to work on some more good keyword for more traffic and conversion. how do you know that exact search is 120 every day, lot of webmaster search for lot of key words everyday so no toll , and no one can tell about exact search , so when you do keyword research keep in mind lot of webmaster and outer research people are on net not only our keyword customer , you will get this info at lot of place so don't over look this go for some good key words,, if you want good conversion , and traffic,

good luck

Dinesh_add, Aug 29, 2010 IP
  9. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The keyword is completely noncompetitive. WordTracker shows no results for searches for it. So it will not draw traffic, because no one is searching for it.

Try searching for the phrase "Not so long ago I occupied the first place in Google's organic search" in your post. It too comes up #1 in Google! But, like your keyword, no one is searching for it.

Jim4767, Aug 29, 2010 IP
  10. Clientchuk

Clientchuk Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know WordTracker but I use this one - https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal
    It shows that "cfd dealing" has 120 exact searches or 3600 per month. So I don't know how it is possible that this keyword is not competitive at all. I can see many adwords from the right side, especially in google.co.uk... And actually this keyword is one of the most searched in this topic that my site is devoted to. Maybe I chose the wrong area of website building then...
    And yes, Dinesh_add, all of you deserve a beer now :)

Clientchuk, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  11. PaulSch

PaulSch Active Member

Best Answers:
    The Keyword Tool is known to be wildly inaccurate

PaulSch, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  12. Mega B

Mega B Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its good news that it appears at the No1 for that keyword slot but does it transfer into that all important 'wonga'

Mega B, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  13. Enabulele

Enabulele Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, all I have to say is congratulation! You're first on Google.es About 828,000 results.

Enabulele, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  14. Bannaz

Bannaz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Look for other keywords that relate to your product/service to rank well in. :)

Bannaz, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  15. Rian

Rian Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Being top means nothing. I have been tops on many keywords with many sites. It is not to say the searchers will want to click your link! You should try to work on what Google display under your results. Get visitors to want to click your link.

Strangely, at times I get more clicks on my results on the 2nd or 3rd page of Google, why that is I dont know.

Rian, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  16. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    If they search for it and it or your site appears in google results it doesn't necessarily mean they click your link or site in the result. So if there are 120 exact searches per month don't expect them all to click your site just because you are number one. They change there mind and go somewhere else. Interuptions. They click number 2 because description is better or maybe they just shut down their pc for the night. A lot of reasons really. 120 per month is very low market you are working on. Hopefully they are decent paying, otherwise it might not be worth chasing them, but keep trying you never know.

gameutopia, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  17. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    True ... wildly inaccurate. I am thinking of two keywords for which I score high in Google. They both show a million and a half monthly searches in the Adwords tool. WordTracker shows a more realistic 22,000 or so.

Jim4767, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  18. MChisselhurst

MChisselhurst Peon

Best Answers:

Absolutely agree with this...

I would suggest you work on your social media strategy to get some referrals to your site.

Google is a brilliant search engine, but you honestly don't even need to focus on it to get traffic.

Being at number one doesn't mean people visit your site, and with lack of people visiting your site over another, google will eventually derank you.

But having good referrals form youtube, twitter, facebook, etc on the other hand means you get people to your site.

Your market online are people, not the search engines. Use the search engines to source people, but there are other ways of crowd sourcing, and for this, social medias is the way to go. :)

MChisselhurst, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  19. stevecane

stevecane Peon

Best Answers:
    Get some ads on your site, make 'em relevant and people might just click them. Also you need to wait for your blog to get ranked for broader search terms so you capture more traffic . .

stevecane, Aug 30, 2010 IP