1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Windows 8

Discussion in 'Bing' started by Wajdan, Aug 5, 2010.

The Windows 8 release date has been shrouded in a cloud of rumors. Most experts expect a late 2011 early 2012 release of the operating system. A recently leaked Windows 8 product cycle chart provides the answers needed to determine the release date of the next Windows OS by Microsoft.

You can take a look at the image here. The chart lists the planning, development and readiness product cycle of Windows 8 and related Microsoft products such as Internet Explorer 8, Windows Live Wave 4, Windows Live Wave 5 and Windows 7. It also lists major events.

Some events and products have already been held / released and it is possible to pinpoint the release date of Windows 8 by making the remaining calculations.

Here is what we know. Forum I and Forum II have been major events, the former held in December 2009, the latter in April 2010. The listing lists four additional event, Forum III to Forum VI. The next two events fall into the development phase of Windows 8, the remaining two into the readiness phase.

Internet Explorer 9 and Windows Live Wave 4 have either been announced with final dates (at least for the beta) or released already.

Forum II was held 4-5 months after Forum I. If we take this approach we can calculate the approximate month of the other four forums. This would mean between 16 to 20 months from April 2010 on which coincides perfectly with the projected late 2011 release date.

The Windows 8 beta should be released around June 2011 and the final release might even hit the stores at the same time that Windows 7 was released, which was October.

The Internet Explorer 9 product cycle confirms the findings. Microsoft has announced a beta release of Internet Explorer 9 for August 2010. This would be the same time that Forum III will be held, which is exactly four months after Forum II.

The chart may be a bit off since Windows Live Wave 4 was released in June. It could be that Microsoft has projected the Forum III conference for June / July instead.

Could also be that the chart is not 100% accurate and it can happen that development cycles need to be shifted, especially if major issues are encountered during development.

Still, we are pretty sure that Microsoft will release the beta of Windows 8 in or around June 2011 and the final release of the operating system in or around October 2011.

We have already revealed some of the features that users can expect from Windows 8 including My PC My Way, that improves user interaction aond comfort with sensors, and My PC Knows Me, that makes use of facial recognition to identify users. Those features are on the other hand just the tip of the iceberg.

A leaked document reveals additional features including better wireless connectivity and stereoscopic 3D support.

Windows 8 aims to make it as easy as possible to make use of wireless and USB displays. It is for instance possible to duplicate the computer screen on a remote display. Microsoft exemplifies this with a situation where a user uses a simple keyboard shortcut to send a TV show found in the web browser to a flat screen display to view it on the larger screen.

Windows 8 will support stereoscopic 3D in both games and movies. Hardware support includes lots of 3D capable devices including TVs and monitors, laptops and photo cameras as well as wireless TVs, wireless docking stations and USB monitors.

Hardware acceleration aims to provide a better experience not only when browsing the Internet but also in other applications like Windows Live Photo Gallery.

My PC My Way is a new feature of Windows 8. It makes heavy use of sensor technologies to improve the user’s interaction with the operating system.

Microsoft’s leaked documents, which we are not showing for obvious reasons, details several scenarios how My PC My Way makes working with Windows 8 more comfortable.

The first scenario describes a gaming session that gets interrupted by a visitor. Windows 8 will automatically pause the game if the player moves the head or moves away from the PC. Games can make use of location awareness and accelerometer based gaming.

The same scenario describes the adaptive brightness technology that automatically adjusts the brightness of the screen depending on the lighting conditions.

The second scenario mentions a user who is reading an online magazine on the PC. Key features in this scenario are touch support (Microsoft says great touch support), location awareness, e-reading and wireless connectivity.

Face recognition based login to PC is the new feature in the third scenario. Windows 8 can automatically recognize the user, perform the login and show the desktop, all without any form of user interaction other than coming nearer to the PC.

Several key scenario features and opportunities are described including gaming, high definition video, e-reading, communication (social networking and Instant Messaging), media consumption and Web browsing.

My PC My Way could become a selling point, providing that the feature offers enough customization and options to prevent unwanted changes to the operating system.

Source - Windows 8 News

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
    Wajdan, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  2. christ666

christ666 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just know that Windows 8 may add the function of Facial identification. And what will else new features be in it.

christ666, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  3. AdsenseJunkie

AdsenseJunkie Peon

Best Answers:
    think it will be a flake like vista?

AdsenseJunkie, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  4. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    No. Windows 8 is an improvement on Windows 7 and that's been well received. It looks like M$ are finally getting their wish to be ale to sell a slimmed down OS.

mcfox, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  5. Asmar757

Asmar757 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'll be waiting patiently for this operating system to be released!

MicroSoft Rocks big time!

Asmar757, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  6. drhowarddrfine

drhowarddrfine Peon

Best Answers:
    Since no one knows anything about it, and Microsoft certainly has said nothing, how do you know?

drhowarddrfine, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  7. iEddie_B

iEddie_B Peon

Best Answers:
    I've learned from the past experiences of anxiously waiting for Vista (which was a huge flop) I'm gonna patiently wait and see what happens.

iEddie_B, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  8. Assasin

Assasin Peon

Best Answers:
    It's going to rock everything!!

Assasin, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  9. djoy123

djoy123 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I dont think it will be so big and famous . Windows 7 is better but people still like XP .

djoy123, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  10. charbonn7854

charbonn7854 Peon

Best Answers:
    what is the window 8? l never heard of it!windows 7 windows xp are so familar with me,but l think that windows 8 is the best one in many fields!

charbonn7854, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  11. christ666

christ666 Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe it will be better than windows 7.We are all expecting it.

christ666, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  12. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    Windows 7 is not even released as stable for a year yet is it? Now we are already expecting windows 8 or other...go figure.

gameutopia, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  13. christ666

christ666 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is said that windows 8 intergrates the features of Windows 7 and Windows phone 7.

christ666, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  14. Excel 8

Excel 8 Guest

Best Answers:
    well, another expensive OS, I haven't tried the full version of Windows 7 yet and here Windows 8. I only tried Windows 7 starter because its too expensive.

Excel 8, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  15. Dextersnu644

Dextersnu644 Guest

Best Answers:
    i am very much excited and wish to see the features and visual effects...thanks.

Dextersnu644, Aug 19, 2010 IP
  16. ThurstyToad

ThurstyToad Guest

Best Answers:
    uhggg!
    I still haven't moved from XP to Windows 7, and now I hear that Windows 8 is already in the works?
    I understand why Microsoft was anxious to get past Vista and on to Windows 7, but since Windows 7 seems well received, what's the rush to Windows 8? Why even announce anything. Seems like it will just encourage people to keep waiting...
    uhgg!

ThurstyToad, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  17. skyhighlnkr

skyhighlnkr Peon

Best Answers:
    They have this features added where it can run on other bit system not just 32-bit, includes startup performance, log-in thing, its graphics I mean the graphic design environment, some small bug fixes and I guess it's goodbye on i394 and hello IA-128...

skyhighlnkr, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  18. prowler.inc

prowler.inc Guest

Best Answers:
    im sure windows 8 will be awesome , since a lot of things change on 2011 on pc and all.

prowler.inc, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  19. akshitsoota

akshitsoota Peon

Best Answers:
    My friend's uncle works in Microsoft and it seems that Windows 8 is a mock of Windows XP and Windows Vista. There are a very few features of Windows 7 on it! :D

akshitsoota, Aug 29, 2010 IP
  20. skyhighlnkr

skyhighlnkr Peon

Best Answers:
    I see, what is actually windows 7? :) I guess it's also a mock of windows xp and vista.

skyhighlnkr, Aug 30, 2010 IP