1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Official Filesonic.com Launch - Announcement & Feedback

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by Hish (Filesonic.com), Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olli460

olli460 Peon

Best Answers:

As i already said it does it for ALL files i try and download so just find any link.

olli460, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  2. crufty

crufty Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah, "the what files are you trying to download" gambit
    expect the next response to be "I have tried to download...and it works for me"

So far today pm'd FS twice from here and sent 4 emails / bug reports regarding the unable to download fiasco.

Not a single reply.

As smitherly said above..."These problems could have been easily fixed in a few days at most with some programming changes and server capacity. Something just doesn't seem right. We're not all stupid. "

Think we've all fallen for a scam

crufty, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  3. trener456

trener456 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not right. i should see all my referrals, earn they or not, and in both case they are in data base, so why not to show them

trener456, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  4. amba

amba Peon

Best Answers:
    Problem
    RU_FILE_SIZE_ERROR

Problem
    RU_COULD_NOT_UPLOAD_FILE

these errors coming very often in RU some files going through

Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
    amba, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  5. dannyb1983

dannyb1983 Peon

Best Answers:
    Good to hear im not the only one who has the file manager freeze when i try and switch pages.

So many users are having problems downloading its madness... this is reflected in my download stats which are barely half what they usually are!

dannyb1983, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  6. rainblader

rainblader Peon

Best Answers:
    If i send somone refferal link is this format:
    filesonic.com/referral/263277

and when somone copy/paste in browser,will he be my refferal?I know that one guy registerd under me like this and i dont see him in my refferal list...

rainblader, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  7. mt82

mt82 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    He should be you referral.
    If he is not, then they need a new programmer.

mt82, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  8. banjowood

banjowood Guest

Best Answers:
    Scam? Nah, valid arguments can be made that FS is in over their head or that they are lacking in skills/resources, but I'm not ready to call their integrity into question. Have they over-promised and created unrealistic "rosy" expectations? Sure, but that is not the same as intentional fraud.

That said, your frustration is warranted and it is hard to credibly provide excuses as to why there are still significant bugs almost a month into the changeover. There are still plenty of apologists posting - and I had done a fair amount myself until recently - but it seems more about propping up the horse to which you have tied your financial cart now rather than a objective evaluation of FS's performance to date.

As to responses, it is the weekend. You have to give them a pass until Monday at getting back to you. There have been many posts if you look back in the thread that suggest this could well be a geographic issue for you (see the UK posters). Some folk have said proxies have helped them overcome the bad re-directs. You could give it a try until Monday.

Let's hope this week brings improvement and they introduce that great promo they promised for September. Both would go a long way to restoring confidence.

banjowood, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  9. Dream*Walker

Dream*Walker Peon

Best Answers:
    i created a new folder and transferred my files, the transferred files keep on returning to the root directory as i added more files in that folder

Dream*Walker, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  10. loser24

loser24 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @filesonic-IT

child folder problem

The file browser crashed after child folder was built.
    I must refresh the page to get FS normal.
    please fix it, thanks.
    (however the child folder was built sucessfully.)

loser24, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  11. carlc1993

carlc1993 Peon

Best Answers:
    wat ftp software do you use
    i use smart ftp but get an average speed of 60 kb/s

carlc1993, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  12. jagan1981

jagan1981 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @ FILESONIC IT

How many days more would you take to fix my FTP problem....i havent been able to upload anything since last 4 days...and still your response and the initiative to fix the problem is very cold and extremely slow...

jagan1981, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  13. banjowood

banjowood Guest

Best Answers:
    It's not your client, it's FS's servers. Some are reporting great speeds, but just as many others are down in the range you see. It's just a matter of geography. Those closer to the servers are getting better speeds, those further away aren't. I can connect to a couple of servers and have seen both extremes, but the average is probably in the 60-90kb/s range.

I do have to admit after giving the service a try again for the past several hours that FTP access is improved. Failure rate is still too high and "double" entries are common, but whereas my transfer success rate was only around 30% most of the week, it is closer to 75-80% tonight. RU success is still down in the 30-40% range and I have yet to attempt using the web upload.

banjowood, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  14. nnppop

nnppop Peon

Best Answers:
    same i cant' upload via ftp

nnppop, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  15. DPAngel

DPAngel Peon

Best Answers:
    Has anyone been able to upload recently? Come on filesonic sort it out otherwise u'll lose many members.

DPAngel, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  16. smitherly

smitherly Peon

Best Answers:
    People need to stop making excuses for filesonic. There are no excuses. Even though sharingmatrix had its problems why are there so many problems with filesonic? Shouldn't it have been pretty much the same except for improvements? Who would be so stupid as to not build on what was successful and make improvements in general? All of these problems should have been anticipated and dealt with in the first week. Nearly a month later and things are just getting worse. The web is not new and this is not the first file host to ever be introduced. It has been done successfully over and over already. These are all simple fixes that should have been done already. While we are all losing hundreds if not thousands of dollars. Something just doesn't seem right. There are no excuses. There has to be a reason for all of this. No entity can possibly perform this poorly by accident or ignorance and not correct itself by now. Again, the file manager freezes, uploads do not work 99% of the time, and downloads rarely work. And those of you waiting for the big promotion in September, good luck. You can't make anything if the site stays as it is and doesn't work. We have all been beyond patient up to this point but we also need to make money. How about filesonic paying for each and every failed upload, download, and messed up file manager, stats, etc.?

smitherly, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  17. Cobra93

Cobra93 Peon

Best Answers:
    RU From MU WORKS LIKE A CHARM SO IM GOOD AND DOWNLOADS ARE QUITE FAST TOO!!

Cobra93, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  18. Dream*Walker

Dream*Walker Peon

Best Answers:
    does anyone checked their link if they can download? i checked mine that was posted yesterday all are working before but now when i checked using premium all i get using browser download is a blank page.

I just checked a few and these servers are not working 86, 90, 76, 96

Dream*Walker, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  19. diper07

diper07 Peon

Best Answers:
    I Joined your Site Since I week Ago!.I liked Your Site!.I have a Question That You Pay Per download Really means as The table seen on YOur "Make Money" Tab.
    Size / Country*    A  	          B  	           C              D
    1-50 MB             $7.00  	$5.00 	$2.00 	$1.00
    51-100 MB   	$10.00 	$7.00 	$4.00 	$2.00
    101-250 MB 	$16.00 	$14.00 	$8.00 	$3.00
    251-400 MB 	$25.00 	$19.00 	$14.00 	$4.00
    401+ MB 	        $30.00 	$23.00 	$18.00 	$6.00
    Code (markup):
    Can i have Really Money per download By these Rates.Is it Not all rates Per 1000 Download?
    Please Reply soon Thanks!

diper07, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  20. tulip_flower

tulip_flower Active Member

Best Answers:
    ftp and web uploading is not working :(

tulip_flower, Aug 28, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.