1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Lies, Lies and More Damned Lies!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by raycowie, Aug 26, 2010.

I suppose it was inevitable, but I've reached an age where cynicism comes quite naturally to me. I try to fight it off, but it comes with it's big best friend - disbelief and 2 v 1 ain't a fair fight!

In the time I've been 'into' Internet Marketing', of course I've read hundreds, nay thousands of sales letters. Some enthralling some galling, some of the authors need mauling!

Might someone explain how this so-called 'teaser' works please...

On a sales letter, it states - 'Only 250 left' (scored out) followed by 'Only 140 left' (also scored out) and finally - 'Only 7 left - Buy Now!'

Now, that's all well and good and may in fact be true, but then you scroll to the bottom of the page and there's a link to an affiliate program?

Huh?

What I'd like to know is - what the blazes are affiliates supposed to be 'selling' to prospects if there are only 7 left!

Thanks peeps, Ray

raycowie, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  2. Internet Marketing IQ

Internet Marketing IQ Guest

Best Answers:
    Sell real products to real people. Quit reading the hype. The only real marketing info worth buying online is software tools that help you do what you want to do faster.

Internet Marketing IQ, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  3. Keith1981

Keith1981 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's just a marketing ploy that marketers use to try to persuade the reader into buying their product. I use this technique all the time and it works. You can go back to that page a million times or 8 months later and it will still say 7 copies remain.

Keith1981, Aug 27, 2010 IP
  4. jeffrey73

jeffrey73 Guest

Best Answers:
    In this business you've got to give to people what they want the way they want to see it. If that works, then use it! Forget buying it if you know it's crap, but learn from the guy/girl who showed you that salespage and follow their suit.

99% of all of it is pure b.s., and I agree with the person who said the tools are the ones worth buying most.

jeffrey73, Aug 27, 2010 IP
  5. jjoshua

jjoshua Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The limited number of sales copies is to inject perceived scarcity into the product, this increases conversion. That does not necessarily mean that all information product use this tactic as a lie. For example, products such as the "product launch formula" and "list control" have sold out if you visit their sales page, which means they are no longer available, hence telling the truth.

jjoshua, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  6. teckinik

teckinik Peon

Best Answers:
    Its just a technique to persuade buyer. Some marketers do limit the copy of their product. But this is internet marketing, people will tell its so easy to make money online and when you get into you realize how tough it is. Although it is easier compared to day time job or brick and mortar business. And nowadays its getting tougher and competitive.
    But let me tell you fact if you don't like doing internet marketing then sooner or later you will quit it. It takes quite a time to get it.

teckinik, Aug 28, 2010 IP