1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dmoz not accepting My website why?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by seodubai, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Benj Ash

Benj Ash Member

Best Answers:
    totally agree with agent000, i have submitted my legitimate good quality property site to a catagory that has only my main competitor's group of websites.

Maybe for some niche catagory's but when your catagory has a bad editor you have no chance of getting.

ive always followed the rules. never get in.

Benj Ash, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  2. Benj Ash

Benj Ash Member

Best Answers:
    ? confused - again . not broke any of there guidlines.

Merely stated in the 6 years of working in web ive submited a few different quality sites. never got them submitted. always folllowed guidelines.

What am i doing wrong?!?!?

Benj Ash, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  3. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am confused dear agent. In reply to one member you are complaining that they didn't follow the rules, and to the next poster you are telling them to not follow the guidelines? I got a funny feeling you are misreading one or both of these people.

Qryztufre, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  4. webrules

webrules Peon

Best Answers:
    Same here. I have tried 2/3 times to be listed in DMOZ. They didn't accept me. Even they didn't inform why they didn't accept.
    Anybody know how to get listed in DMOZ easily?

webrules, Aug 24, 2010 IP
  5. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How do you know that you were not accepted? You do realise that each time you resubmit, its against the guidelines you agreed to when you submit and each resubmission just overwrites the previous one with the new date ...... really dumb move to submit more than once

BTW - are you talking about the joke site in yoru signature? If, so then its probably not listable. i just checked one joke and found it on multiple sites. DMOZ wants unique content...

Agent000, Aug 24, 2010 IP
  6. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:

It's VERY hard for people submitting to know which guidelines are meant to be followed & which ones are OK to break. It's strange that the SUBMIT ONCE is a must follow, while the UNIQUE CONTENT is fully optional (at least for editor owned sites). Can you kind of see why people get confused?

Especially when people come in and say that even the content guidelines need to be followed... I mean, if original content is a must, then why so many pages with nothing but duplicate content?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
    Qryztufre, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  7. Zack_miller

Zack_miller Peon

Best Answers:
    Can i add 1 site in multypl category in dmoz.

Zack_miller, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  8. feblisa

feblisa Peon

Best Answers:
    sometimes i feel weird with this IM world. for an example, i always approved when submit at dmoz, the second one, why people complaining about how to get indexed on google? since everytime i purchase new domain, 2 days later it shows on google, no matter how much i purchase. i got 50 sites for now.

can anybody explain this?

feblisa, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  9. my_uk

my_uk Peon

Best Answers:
    why is it hard? If you have a good site it should be easy is it not?

my_uk, Aug 27, 2010 IP
  10. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Please offer you spare time as all editors are volunteers and it might be a bit easier. There are millions of good sites we need more than several thousand volunteer editors to crack that.

Anonymously, Aug 27, 2010 IP
  11. helleborine

helleborine Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you "volunteer" you should list your own site and run. No one visits/uses DMOZ except the link-listers ("editors"). You don't want to be wasting your time on listing links that no one ever uses, that don't even have influence on the ranking of the sites, and that will one day go dead, become domain-hijacked, etc. It's the ultimate in waste-of-your-life activity. You'll accomplish more by napping.

helleborine, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  12. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion the one's who have to spare their time nowadays just to volunteer in a "$hit" project maybe have nothing to do in life. I'd rather earn extra few bucks or spend it with my family. ODP is aging and can't catch up with its original purpose. Just being realistic.

popotalk, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  13. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    There is a wonderful line in the Dirty Harry movies where Harry says
    "Opinions are like a**holes, everyone's got one"

Anonymously, Aug 31, 2010 IP
  14. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You and me are same specie so.... (Waves hand at other editors.) (maybe your at level one, LOL..... ok we both are.)
    Ahhhh. Mr. Clint Eastwood. I like him but the world is fast changing to blue ray and dvd. I still have to open my dusty suitcases in the basement to find these old films. Does it sound like the ODP ? Cobwebs and the like ? Tsk. Tsk.

Got to go to work and see you the next time I see you.. LOL

popotalk, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  15. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    Work will you stop using 4 letter swear words on this family friendly forum.

Anonymously, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  16. vtidgroup

vtidgroup Peon

Best Answers:
    Wait and wait. My website VTID GROUP submit more than 3 months already

vtidgroup, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  17. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    Before you submit make sure you have built up some decent unique content with a decent design and layout. Avoid the free sites, use your owned domain. Make sure it's not full of more ads then content. Try to achieve some traffic and pr if possible first. Obviously no illegal downloads, warez, or whatever. Take your time and know you have filled all the info out correctly. Submit it and forget it for a while. If you are accepted then great. If not not big deal. It's not worth spending too much time with. There are so many other decent places out there. Some with good pr link juice and sending traffic.

gameutopia, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  18. viewcaster

viewcaster Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, when I first launched, I submitted to "the directory" and have pretty much not worried about it although I check every now and then (not listed). If you read some older articles, it does make the OD sound like the missing link of web traffic and even success with Google. Personally, I have focused on Google and while still not ranking high on any desired search terms, I do have a lot of pages indexed and everything seems to be progressing in the right direction although slowly. I just keep trying to add pages and content, promoting as best I can and keeping things relevant.

viewcaster, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  19. helleborine

helleborine Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly. Google loves large websites that are spider-friendly. Google loves relevant domain names, URLs, and titles. Also, other stuff that I keep for myself ;-)

helleborine, Sep 5, 2010 IP
  20. Ogbuefi Ogbu Agadagidi

Ogbuefi Ogbu Agadagidi Peon

Best Answers:
    i tried too but was not listed. i have long given up

Ogbuefi Ogbu Agadagidi, Sep 5, 2010 IP