1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting the gold out of the mine

Discussion in 'General Business' started by TheRagingStock, Aug 25, 2010.

So I've finally reached a point where I am getting around 60K pageviews a day on my site and around 10K visits a day. Currently I use Adsdaq with Adsense as the 2nd tier. I get a fill of adsdaq around 20% and adsense about 1.20 CPM and get around $110 a day. Unfortunately my adsense CTR is only around 0.08%. Obviously increasing this would be a big help but my niche is college so the only ads that show up are those online colleges which no one already in college really cares about. I bet if I could change my adsense site category to something like electronics it would work but I don't think you can do that.

Do you guys feel like I should be getting more money with 60K pageviews a day, and if so what would be the best way to go about this?

Thanks for your help..I really appreciate it. :)

TheRagingStock, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  2. HuggyEssex

HuggyEssex Member

Best Answers:
    Start adding some content about electronics etc aimed at the people that visit your site. Titles and content will determine what google ads are shown on your site, therefore making new content on your site about things like that will of course get those ads placed on your site.

Glen

HuggyEssex, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  3. Falter

Falter Member

Best Answers:
    Good advice. But don't forget that you make a site for users and not for advertisers, always try to give the users infos they are really interested in.

Falter, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  4. r.pointing

r.pointing Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi
    In the era of underground mining at Martha the primary objective was just to get the gold out of the ground. There were no rehabilitation plans in place, and mining was not planned with rehabilitation of the site in mind.

r.pointing, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  5. theurbantwist

theurbantwist Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What does this have to do with this post?

theurbantwist, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  6. TheRagingStock

TheRagingStock Peon

Best Answers:
    So thats it guys? Nothing else to do to a site with 60K pageviews a day besides a little adsense? I find that hard to believe. What about putting some kind of script on there that allows people to put their own ads and pay for them on certain pages of my site. Is there a script out there to buy or do I have to have someone code one for me?

Thanks

TheRagingStock, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  7. jleone

jleone Peon

Best Answers:

They have bots now that autoreply based on the title? wtf?

jleone, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  8. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You can use premade script but still need to twist it to fix it into your website.

What is your site nature?

Forum?

mentos, Aug 29, 2010 IP