1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Warning to DP Members

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Sleepy_Sentry, Sep 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Sorry if this is in the wrong area.

I noticed that a member by the name of Robert_Allen is posting here. Just to give everyone a heads up, this guy has been involved in unscrupulous business in the past.
    http://www.namepros.com/traderratings.php?u=21294&page=2&viewtype=0

He is also 15 years old.

He was a member of the Lifelesspeople.com forums for a long time (under the name robertall) until he was banned many months ago.

I recommend staying away from this guy.

Sleepy_Sentry, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  2. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    thanks for the warning

Blogmaster, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  3. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    15 year olds + paypal whats the deal these days.

it seems every 15 year old is trying to make a quick buck been a scam artists on paypal, these kids need some real bad karma and a life banning form the internet imo, fine their parents aswell.

Connections, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  4. Robert Allen

Robert Allen Peon

Best Answers:
    Excuse me?

that was over 6 months ago, and i dont do that anymore.

I have learned my lesson and look at the last 2 months of namepros. I have done around 30 transactions all with positive.

I was banned on lifelesspeople for 'grassing' up a moderator. I aint gona disclose what that was about, because it is between me, the mod and LP-Trel.

I was banned on namepros for flaming a senior member after they flamed me.

Look at my iTrader on this site. 100% positive. Surely 7 transactions in 4-5 days cant be wrong? I have NOT scammed anyone in other 6months and i have learned my lesson, and i would never do it again. It damaged me so much, i had to wait 4 months until i could do biz again. I will be frank, i did scam people back then, but i dont do that anymore. Thanks for the false warning, it will really help me in the near future...

Why do you think i am scammer just because of my age? I find it offensive that you think our generation is always breaking the law. I want to a repected businessman when i get older, and this is the last thing i need.

Thanks,

Robert

Robert Allen, Sep 28, 2006 IP
    mcfox likes this.
  5. mandoleen

mandoleen Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for warning

mandoleen, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  6. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    I don't think he was outing you as a scammer because of your age so much as because you scammed people :rolleyes:

mcfox, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  7. terryuk

terryuk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Just wait for Google to pick up this thread :p

terryuk, Sep 28, 2006 IP
    mad4 likes this.
  8. Raisin

Raisin Active Member

Best Answers:
    It shows your age, because you think that just because half a year passed by everyone should just forget about your past. The fact that you believe getting banned from places, for flaming people, is no big deal shows a lot about you.

There's a reason minors can't enter into legal contracts. It's good that you're trying to improve, but people here still have a right to know about your past and the fact that you're a minor. Many transactions are made on this forum for large amounts of money. People need to know who they're dealing with when deciding whether or not to go forward with a deal. Maybe people will take a chance with you or maybe they'll just decide it's not worth the risk. That's just something you'll have to live with because you made the choice to scam people.

I'm sorry if it looks like I'm standing on the worlds largest soapbox, but it just gets to me when people steal from others, and then when they get caught they cry about their reputation.

Raisin, Sep 28, 2006 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  9. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It is not about your age..

Once you are a scammer, the name stick to you for you whole life no matter what. That's just same as criminal record

ahkip, Sep 28, 2006 IP
    EGS likes this.
  10. activeimedia

activeimedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lolwned :eek:

activeimedia, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  11. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Once a scammer... always a scammer

Thanks for the warning, this is someone we should stay away from

fryman, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  12. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    I can't way til I earn some repect [sic] :D

Cheap SEO Services, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  13. Robert Allen

Robert Allen Peon

Best Answers:
    That is wrong. I have no intention to scam anyone again. It doesnt pay and it proved it when i had no business for 4months.

4months with no biz was really hard on me and proved me a hard lesson.

I have already PROMISED to several people over msn that i will never scam anyone again, and i plan to stick to it.

Again... back to the age thing. If i was 19 and made the mistake, you would probably forget about it, but just because i am 15 you have decided to act against me, and that simply isnt fair. I am an intelligent kid who is expected to pass every subject at school apart from one, which is a near miss.

(I am expecting C for everything, except History an A and English a D.)

A-C = Pass
    D-U = Fail
    (that is how the UK system works)

Nobody is perfect, but i have learned a valueable lesson. Scamming doesnt pay.

People should read this thread and think 'at least the person is being honest about the past and wishs to continue without error'

Anyway, if you have ever been on lifelesspeople.com, you will see why you would get banned. Just a spelling error will result in PM.

Alot Vs A lot... I got a warning for spelling that wrong... but which one is correct?

I am still smiling and i still think that the thread starter was wrong to start a thread about me, but i intend to continue trading using the correct manor.

After all, 3small transactions (incorrect trading manor over 6 months ago) Vs. 50+small (and 1 large) transaction (correct trading manor over the last 2-3 months) isnt really comparable. It is the sortof of feedback you would expect when people fear age.

Thanks,

Robert

Robert Allen, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  14. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Its not about your age, its about the fact that you ripped people off before, and that's going to stay with you for a while regardless of what you do now

soniqhost.com, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  15. Raisin

Raisin Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, as long as you're getting good grades in school then I guess it's alright to scam people. :rolleyes:

Raisin, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  16. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    You must have a very large brain to know how all DP members think if you were 19 instead of 15. How silly of us to think that you don't have the wisdom or experience of a 19yo :rolleyes:

Here's a tip. Take it on the chin. Shut up and you might actually get over this and continue to make money. The more you try to defend yourself the deeper you will find yourself in the hole that you dug!

Col :)

Cheap SEO Services, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  17. crazyryan

crazyryan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps you want to rephrase the sentence, I find it very rude.

crazyryan, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  18. northpointaiki

northpointaiki Guest

Best Answers:
    One question: did you ever make good on those you deliberately scammed? If no, your contrite posture is empty speech.

northpointaiki, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  19. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If that issue was 6 months ago, then you are now 15 years 6 months old.

Still strange about PayPal :rolleyes:

Mystique, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  20. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    The lad has owned up that he was a scammer in the past which he has obviously realised was a mistake and according to him doesn't plan on doing again. Everybody makes mistakes especially when they are younger why not just let him try to prove himself rather than going on about what is effectively history.

My advice to Robert would be build up your ratings here until trust has been earned. Start small and work your way up, be totally honest with people you deal with (even point them at this thread to show that you're being totally straight). You're young, learn from these boards and your own mistakes.

dct, Sep 28, 2006 IP
    Robert Allen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.