1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Backlink and Anchor Text Question

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by yarray, Aug 25, 2010.

When posting backlinks on blogs, should you worry about anchor text? How important is anchor text vs backlinks.

Also when posting backlinks, does the post that you are posting on need to be popular or just the domain.

Also should you try and post different posts from your site instead of just the main domain?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
    yarray, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  2. Montreal Classifieds

Montreal Classifieds Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, it is very important. The text should include your keywords.

Montreal Classifieds, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  3. John D Stewart

John D Stewart Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you're best off using the appropriate anchor text when getting blog backlinks - for example, if my blog is all about blue widgets, then I would enter my name as "John | Blue Widgets" or "Blue Widgets" if I'm posting to a blog. This will help the search engines to understand, and add extra weight to, your main blog or website keywords.

In terms of popularity, the serach engines will eventually crawl the specific post which you've commented on, so your site will gain an extra, recognised, backlink at some point. Not entirely sure if you mean popular in terms of users viewing the post, but if you do then there is a greater chance that other people on the page may click through to your own wesite or blog. If you mean popular as in the pagerank of the specific post, then you can easily check using a pagerank checker (Google "pagerank checker", first result...) to see what the pagerank is of a specific post. Invariably you'll find that the majority of pages outwith the homepage of a website / blog will have a lower pagerank than the homepage (i'm referring to mature / semi-mature websites here).

And yes, you should regularly "mix things up" by backlinking to pages and posts which are within your own blog (deep-linking) in order to generate backlinks which don't exclusively point to your homepage. Over time, this tactic should ensure a good balance is maintained between all your content's pagerank / link juice / popularity / search ranking.

Hope this clears things up a little for you - I'm sure another one of the members here could probably explain things a little more concise than I could though!

All the best,

John.

John D Stewart, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  4. yarray

yarray Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks guys

yarray, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  5. AirForce1

AirForce1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

1. Of course, using your targeted keywords as anchor text of your back links would be the top issue for SERP purpose.
    2. Generally speaking, PR and SERP juices from the current page you put your links on would be more important.
    3. All back links would be helpful and don't necessary just linking from homepage.

all the best,

AirForce1, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  6. seo.lover

seo.lover Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks buddy! thanks a lot

seo.lover, Aug 26, 2010 IP