1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Affiliate Price Range

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by VerbsInAkshun, Aug 21, 2010.

Hi there, I'm down to choosing a few products I will stick to advertising when I thought since I'm not a big time affiliate, should I go for something along the line of $15-$25 products to sell? Or maybe $50-$100.

Does it even matter which you start with?

I was just curious because I don't want to waste time starting up a product if my skill level was telling me I had no bussiness being around it.

VerbsInAkshun, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  2. VerbsInAkshun

VerbsInAkshun Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess..

It doesn't matter...

VerbsInAkshun, Aug 22, 2010 IP
  3. Dan Bainbridge

Dan Bainbridge Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeh its not really about the price, it might work the other way round for you, but generally to sell really higher priced items then you need a decent website, to buy solid ppc traffic, or even to make videos where you show your face and review the products... people will argue against this, but imo there needs to be a higher quality promotion for higher priced products, but im talking like $70+ from $10-$70 you should be able to target your keywords, write articles, blogs, reviews and sell anything... or at least try selling a few things within this range and see what works then drop the ones that dont sell and continue with the ones that do

Dan Bainbridge, Aug 22, 2010 IP
  4. VerbsInAkshun

VerbsInAkshun Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice.

In fact, I started doing keyword research on a product that's just $20 profit for me.

VerbsInAkshun, Aug 22, 2010 IP
  5. Le Dangles

Le Dangles Member

Best Answers:
    I would focus on what niche you want to advertise for fist. Once you've picked the niche market you're going to enter in then you can look at the small stuff like price/recurring billing/commission etc. But with regards to price I think it really depends on the quality of the product. Obviously if the product is worth $100 then you can get away with offering a product that expensive. But the down side is that it's going to be tougher to sell a product that is more expensive because the customer will be more hesitant to make a purchase for a more expensive product.

If you can get away with marketing these high priced products then go for it. But if you are just starting a marketing campaign for the first time you might want to begin with lower priced products so you can generate some initial starting income. Once you've built up some cash flow you can start experimenting with different priced products.

Le Dangles, Aug 22, 2010 IP
  6. smile633

smile633 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd start with a lower price one too ... to test the waters and learn the ropes!

smile633, Aug 22, 2010 IP
  7. gcaine

gcaine Guest

Best Answers:
    Take a look at their sales pages and at the products.

I sell products in all price ranges, and it's not the price that makes the difference in how much you make, but how well it sells, and how many refunds there are.

You wouldn't know how many refunds there will be other than getting the product and judging for yourself if the product is worth what they are asking for.

I will say that the majority of my sales come from product in the $40 to $70 range, but it's really all about the product and how well it sells.

You should also look at the vendor's resource area. If all they have done is throw up a few banners it's a clue that they either don't know what they are doing, or that they are just out to make a quick buck and have no intention of being around for the long term.

gcaine, Aug 24, 2010 IP
  8. VerbsInAkshun

VerbsInAkshun Peon

Best Answers:
    Product worth

It makes sense.

And I've never strolled around in the vendors resource area, good tip to know.

Thanks.

VerbsInAkshun, Aug 24, 2010 IP
  9. Dan Bainbridge

Dan Bainbridge Active Member

Best Answers:
    Definitely take a look around the resources vendors offer - many of the top 50 products on clickbank have MASSIVE affilite materials sections - often way bigger than the actual sales pages themselves - this shows you how serious a vendor is about their affiliates and how well they know how to market their product - if there is no materials or very little then avoid the product like the plague, it is likely that the vendor has not even tested his product himeself.

Dan Bainbridge, Aug 24, 2010 IP
  10. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The conversion rate is far more important %

However I wouldn't personally promote a product with a payout lower than $20.

evelinawilliams007, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  11. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would not do the same.Actaually the sales page is much more a factor on conversion in a price range of 0-60$.After that you will note a little hesitancy among the buyers.So i would reccomend you to go with more tan a 30$ product.

laxman363, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  12. ExpertForumGuy

ExpertForumGuy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it depends on how well the product converts :D

ExpertForumGuy, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  13. VerbsInAkshun

VerbsInAkshun Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with the conversion rate being vital too, the stats of the product will never let you down.

Somewhere within the range of $20-$30 sounds nice.

The sales page should be the winning home run if not anything else, not too long, and not too short.

VerbsInAkshun, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  14. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    If the price tag is $50, then the visitor thinks once.
    If the price tag is $70, then the visitor thinks twice.
    If the price tag is $100, then the visitor thinks thrice.
    If the price tag is above $100, then the visitor will take time to gather real info about the product and then he decides.

markov, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  15. Chri5123

Chri5123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I agree as others have said, it is not the price or pay out that should be your MAIN focus if it converts well you will be laughing. Of course if you can find both...

Chri5123, Aug 26, 2010 IP