1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

It's time to stop being a White Hat and learn the Dark Arts

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by EasyMarketer, Sep 28, 2006.

I mean wow, this kind of sucks because a while back you could just have a whole bunch of unique content and get very good traffic, now you are stuck inside of a sandbox for a long time.

My point to this is the white hats followed the rules the black hats still did not follow the rules.
    Google introduced the sandbox, Guess who got Screwed! the WhiteHats did.
    Guess who is now at an advantage! The BlackHats are, they have less competition now. So, I just dont understand why google did that, anyways im learning the Dark Arts so mhm where to start.....

EasyMarketer, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  2. seodelhi

seodelhi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do not agree with you. I think doing white hat SEO is better for long term. You can get ranked for some time by doing black hat, but it wont be quite much.

Also, I differ, when you say that white hat SEO's are screwed because of sandbox, infact the reverse is true. White hat's now build content and get good links in first few months of their site's launch and thereafter reap good fruits in terms of rankings.

seodelhi, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  3. EasyMarketer

EasyMarketer Active Member

Best Answers:
    One of my sites has 1,126 backlinks, its been 2 months and it still isnt out of the sandbox :) all fresh content, the backlinks are all article writing directory submission link trades, and all in the right sections. So that is my opinion on that.

4. seodelhi

seodelhi Active Member

Best Answers:
    In two months you have got 1126 links, it in itself is quite fishy. One has to see your site to examine the real problem. Can you post your URL here.

seodelhi, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  5. ahkip

ahkip Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Get some quality natural backlink

1000 + link from article site is like screaming "I am doing SEO" to google

ahkip, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  6. EasyMarketer

Best Answers:
    I dont post my websites urls except my blog, You said it seems fishy?

Ok, in about 3 hours i submit to 600+ directories, and make sure i submit it in the right section. About 400 - 500 actually got accepted. I wrote an article out every week, that is about 80 backlinks each week, again some of them do not get accepted. People linked to me. I just dont like to tell people Which Sites I do own except for my blog hope you understand.

7. Kaudo

Kaudo Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, someone, who is unable to break through with white techniques, will, for the same reasons, never break through with black techniques.

There is always couple of really good and successful SEOs/marketers (call them whatever you want), no matter what is the colour of their hat, who think, invent, develop, test, succeed and earn big money.

And there is the crowd, again regardless their hats colour, dreaming, watching the others, never finishing anything, giving up too quickly, chaotically and inconsistently running from one "proven" money making method to another, etc...

Standard blackhatter will not earn more than standard whitehatter. There is no "hidden secret" in the dark-arts as you call them, it´s mainly RSS automating, comment spamming in large amounts, scraping others´s content.

The standard blackhatter does the same as the standard whitehatter. Buys (or gets it free) the RSS2blog or scraping software pushes out a template and waits, eventually spams couple of blogs or fora.
    The only moneymaking method he can figure out himself is adsense so he puts 34 adsense frames on every page.

As google finds out very quickly his site braks googles rules, it will ban the site and withhold his adsense revenues, so in fact he merely gets paid for one month if even that. Then he must repeat it again and again with the same result.

Is that really worth your effort?

I am not a friend of these white/black classifications. It´s all marketing for me. Breaking some rule of Google doesn´t necessarily mean it´s also hurting anyone. Black or white you´ll only break through if you use your own brain to outrank others, be always one (ore more) steps ahead and keep the crowd behind you.

Kaudo, Sep 28, 2006 IP
    ahkip likes this.
  8. EasyMarketer

Best Answers:
    I have seen people get top ranking on cheap web hosting, in 2 days and the domain was only 2 days old at the time. He did Alot of stuff. I have noooo idea how he did it, im sure it was black hat. He found some exploit in the search engine. He profited very well from it as well from what I could see. He was using commision junction for referring. This is black hat, there is no way you could do that following the rules. I mean who cares if its only up there for 3 days he made ALOT more money then he lost lol.

9. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps this may be an interesting reading for you :)

If you're really interested in Black hat techniques then this site can be of use to you :)

Edz, Sep 28, 2006 IP
    EasyMarketer likes this.
  10. jezza chan

jezza chan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Googles Sandbox really frustrates me sometimes, i was ranked in the top 10 for

"free webmasters dreictory" keyword, now i am all they way on the 5th page.

I have to spend more time building quality natural backlinks.

but i know that i will benefit in the long run.

jezza chan, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  11. EasyMarketer

Best Answers:
    What would happen if I were to submit this http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&rls=HPIB,HPIB:2005-17,HPIB:en&q=site:jtjnet.com

For my blog, Im trying to think but it would be kind of obvious. Would it count as google backlinks? or.... because that would be a good idea id throw it at yahoo msn do the same to google for those, and it would be like a 3 way deal going. Collecting backlinks.

also getting on some .edu and .gov forums, and posting some stuff there. Yes? No?

I mean im just a marketer :p I make products and sell them. and I search engine market. Havent done the advanced seo.

12. sebastya

sebastya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what the hell is a sandbox that everyone keeps talking about?

sebastya, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  13. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    "The sandbox/Trustbox is a set of filters in Google's search algorithm that together prevent new sites from ranking well until they gain trust. To gain perspective on this definition, you'll need to understand the Link Algo Cycleâ„¢"

Copied and pasted from this page and is a good learning guide to get a bit more knowledge on the subject.

Plus this Sandbox FAQ sticky is a good reference.

Edz, Sep 28, 2006 IP