1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Want to Take Legal Action Against PayPal Please Help.

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by mack.verma, Aug 20, 2010.

Hi,

I got this email from paypal on 28th Jul

Dear Mayank Verma,

In accordance with regulatory instructions, we would like to notify you about a change in our withdrawal functionality in India starting on August 1, 2010. At present you can request for either an electronic or cheque withdrawal of funds from your PayPal account if you are an India user.

From July 29, 2010 onwards, you will only be able to request for a cheque withdrawal of funds from your PayPal account.

While we are working hard to restore the electronic withdrawal service, in the meantime, we are bringing this matter to your attention so that you can plan your future withdrawal activities accordingly.
    To request for a cheque withdrawal:

1. Log into your PayPal account, click on 'Withdraw'.
    2. Click on the 'Request a cheque from PayPal' link.
    3. Enter the withdrawal amount and select your mailing address, then click 'Continue'.
    4. Click 'Submit' to confirm your request.

In order to help you with this change and until further notice, we will refund the $5 USD cheque withdrawal fee to you for cheque withdrawals made on July 29, 2010 onwards.

For any questions, please log into your PayPal account and click 'Contact Us' at the bottom of the page.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused from this change in our withdrawal functionality. We will provide ongoing updates to you here. We thank you for your attention and patience as we work tirelessly to resolve this situation as quickly as possible.

Thank you,

The PayPal Asia Team

Again I got another email from PayPal on 31st Jul

Dear Mayank Verma,

We've received good news. You can continue to enjoy electronic withdrawals just as you did before.

While we have received your appreciation for the advanced notice and the refund of the cheque processing fee, we also have heard loud and clear that you highly value the ease-of-use of our electronic withdrawal service. Our customers are our number one priority and we are working tirelessly to improve our service.

Thank you for your patience and in appreciation for your continued support, we will still provide the $5 USD processing fee refund for any cheque withdrawals made from July 29, 2010 until further notice.

For any enquiries, please contact PayPal customer support by logging into your PayPal account and clicking on ‘contact us' at the bottom of the page.

Thank you,

The PayPal Asia Team

Now I under the impression that Indian Users can transfer the money to their Bank accounts again, initiated the transfer of $570.00 USD on 14th Aug and it got reversed back to my paypal on 20th Aug with the sum of $531.89 USD. Followings are my transaction details:

Related Transactions
    Date Type Status Details Amount
    14-Aug-2010 Currency Conversion Completed Details -$570.00 USD
    14-Aug-2010 Currency Conversion Completed Details Rs.25,670.06 INR
    20-Aug-2010 Cancelled Transfer Completed Details Rs.25,670.06 INR
    20-Aug-2010 Currency Conversion Completed Details -Rs.25,420.06 INR
    20-Aug-2010 Currency Conversion Completed Details $531.89 USD

That way I had to pay $40 for nothing and I got the email from PayPal saying that:

Hello Mayank Verma,

An electronic funds transfer from your PayPal account to your bank account was rejected today for this reason:

Invalid Bank Account Information

Our system was not able to process the transaction with the bank information listed on your account. You should contact your bank regarding the bank account information required for electronic funds transfers. If you still need assistance, you may email us through our secure server at https://www.paypal.com/wf/f=act_verifyba

Thanks for using PayPal, the world's number one online payment service.
    Thanks,

PayPal

I called in to PayPal customer care and that guy was not able to help me so he transferred me to his Manager and this guy had a very harsh attitude and he did not even talked to me in the way he was supposed to be. I requested him to refund the money back to my account and he refused to do so in a very bad manner. THe guy told me that it was my fault that i initiated the transfer after they sent notification to indian users that they can not withdraw money I tried to make him understand that PayPal sent another email to Indian users saying that They can now withdraw the money to their bank accounts and he told that the email was by mistake sent and misunderstood by people.(Please read the email from 31st Jul if there is any misleading sentence to be misunderstood). From the whole story it is completely PayPal's fault and they are refusing to accept it. Please help me out how can I take a legal action against it in order to get my money back.

Thanks.

mack.verma, Aug 20, 2010 IP
  2. Wicked Webmaster

Wicked Webmaster Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Contact someone outside of the Asia team. As far as legal action. Be prepared to pay up front fees larger than the money they have taken from you. A good attorney and some money will get paypal reps in court but you will have to make a larger case. Make allegations like they are doing this to people everywhere thus robbing millions from their users. Have proof of foul play on behalf of paypal. Get your money back and maybe your court cost and legal fees.Perhaps an investigation would happen refunding thousands of people their money. I myself have never had a problem with Paypal.

Wicked Webmaster, Aug 20, 2010 IP
  3. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Your withdrawal seems to have been rejected for invalid bank account information and not due to any regulatory objection.

I am at a loss why Paypal support staff cited an old issue for this problem? I guess... people have been successfully withdrawing funds to their Indian bank account in August... without any problem! :confused:
    Check this recent thread... where several Indian members were successful in completing their withdrawal!

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Aug 20, 2010 IP
  4. Wicked Webmaster

Wicked Webmaster Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Even with the bank account details being incorrect or allegated to be incorrect why would paypal take some of the money? A fee for unsuccessful transfer? I doubt it. I do not know what you are involved in or what business your partake in on the internet but it sounds like your account has had some red flags raised. Just a consideration.

Wicked Webmaster, Aug 20, 2010 IP
  5. mack.verma

mack.verma Peon

Best Answers:
    I know they are able to withdraw the money I myself withdrew money on same day (14th august) from a different paypal account to a different bank account and it went fine. As far as the bank account information is concerned I called in the bank and confirm the details and they said everything is fine and they don't even have any problems with paypal transfers.

mack.verma, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  6. mack.verma

mack.verma Peon

Best Answers:
    I am just an internet marketer and I get money from all legal sources who have a verified business account on paypal.

7. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The money so deducted is not the fee of Paypal... but the conversion cost involved in transferring INR back to $, as there is always a difference in the bid and ask rate of conversion.

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  8. mack.verma

mack.verma Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not concerned about why the money has been deducted I just have an issue because the transaction got reversed for no reason even after PayPal sent me the notification in written saying that Indian users can not withdraw money to their bank accounts.

9. idzire

idzire Peon

Best Answers:
    That's how the american paypal team behaves.
    Contact that indian paypal chairman.
    And paypal will burn in hell some day as the amount of curse they recive everyday even hell will not accept paypal owner.

idzire, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  10. mack.verma

mack.verma Peon

Best Answers:
    True I agree

11. rahuldas14

rahuldas14 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Check your bank information you had submitted. I withdrew some money few days back and everything was fine. Before taking some action cross check your actions.

rahuldas14, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  12. mack.verma

mack.verma Peon

Best Answers:
    I know they are able to withdraw the money I myself withdrew money on same day (14th august) from a different paypal account to a different bank account and it went fine. As far as the bank account information is concerned I called in the bank and confirm the details and they said everything is fine and they don't even have any problems with paypal transfers.

mack.verma, Aug 22, 2010 IP