1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

List of directories which are Visibly credited by google or yahoo ?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by rajanforums, Aug 10, 2010.

Hi,
    I am primarily looking to gather a list of directories which are daily indexed by google or yahoo and the back links are visibly counted.

let me explain with an example.

Consider my website is http://abc.com

I submit my site to directories.

Consider i go to yahoo after a week and search for

link:http://abc.com

I want those directories which have approved my site to be listed there.

I know google does not visibly credit backlinks as yahoo.

I am not looking for high pr, instant approval directories.

I want directories which appear in yahoo search results as above and are moderated on a regular basis. Around a year back, i maintained around 220 such directories but lost them.

Has anyone here collected such directories or have any suggestions for collecting them.

One way is to submit to lot of directories and then check them on yahoo search or google. If you are aware of any other methods please let me know.

rajanforums, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  2. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That is your responsibility to do that, not anyone else, for the reason that it would take constant monitoring (which you should be doing) because no directory stays in a sweet spot and assures this, never mind a whole list of them specifically to your requirements.

Visibly credited by google or yahoo? I dont know what you're talking about.

pipes, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  3. jadeslair

jadeslair Peon

Best Answers:
    You must use google webmaster tools to find what links google is counting, your link: method does not work for google, it does not include all links that google counts. Even the webmaster tools leaves a bunch of links out to throw off seo deconstructors.

jadeslair, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  4. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Keep in mind that just because a link is reported there doesn't necessarily mean it's counted (only that it's known).

CReed, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  5. agtile

agtile Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here is one example:
    Directory:http://chicago.smugnet.org/
    Listing http://www.jvallecorsa.com/ added on: Added 2010/08/04
    As of today( or as of couples of days ago - if you open yahoo cache and compare visitors counter recorded ), listings detail page http://chicago.smugnet.org/j-vallecorsa-photography-127-12.html is listed around 61 spot out of 168 total BL
    See here:http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/search?p=jvallecorsa.com&bwm=i&bwmo=d&bwmf=s
    So there you have it -directory with listing that was cached and registered by Yahoo in under 1 week time.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
    agtile, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  6. rajanforums

rajanforums Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing this. This is good start.

rajanforums, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  7. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    try to submit in all possible dir for get good result

newlogo, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  8. agtile

agtile Active Member

Best Answers:
    O yes, it is counted, in my example
    If you google for the anchor text used for the listing I mentioned earlier ( J.Vallecorsa Photography ) , my directory detail page is #3
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...aphy+&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=
    Right after the obvious website itself. This of course does not proof nothing but the obvious: it ranks, therefore it must be counted.
    Now, if you use "same name+ city" , my link is #1 and #2(sitemap)
    http://www.google.com/search?q=J.Va...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
    All this inside the 14 days ( or less) after it was listed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

" there are link farms
    and
    there are directories that kick ass! "

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
    agtile, Aug 19, 2010 IP
  9. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Submit to all the directories in this list and you will get good results.

Ibn Juferi, Aug 19, 2010 IP
  10. rajanforums

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all of your valuable inputs. Actually i started with the experiment just 2 days after starting this thread. I submitted my website[which is a web-directory] to around 1200 directories [all different c-class ips]. After couple of days, i got emails from directories stating that my website has been approved.

Then i decided to goto each directory to search for my listing and record the listing page in an excel. In some directories i can find my listing by searching using my url and in some other directories i have to search using my keywords/title, that i used for submission.

The problem with some of the directories is that their search feature is not coming up with my listing page. I got approved emails from them but i cannot find my listing using their search. But to confirm i went to that particular sub-category and found my listing. is there any other means i can get my listing page in web directories.

Another issue is with google webmaster tools. Webmaster tools tells that my site has got 11517 back links, but it only shows around 898 links. In this case how can i make sure that new back links which i got from approved directory listings are visible or not?

rajanforums, Aug 19, 2010 IP
  11. flanagan

flanagan Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Many thanks for sharing this

flanagan, Aug 19, 2010 IP
  12. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It's not uncommon for new search results to appear near the top only to filter down over a few weeks; but then again, it might hold - there's a total of 400 results returned for that search.

And once again, just because a link is reported doesn't necessarily mean it's counted. Just because you can find your page in the search results doesn't mean it passes any value to the target page, only that it ranks for the term "J.Vallecorsa Photography in Chicago"

If your link was counted or carried any weight don't you think the target page would outrank your own? This indicates to me that it passes little if any juice.

CReed, Aug 20, 2010 IP
  13. agtile

agtile Active Member

Best Answers:
    No I don't. This would be ideal situation but if you know the system you would know by now that stronger pages rank higher which is BTW only logical.
    I have do follow link on home page that ranks #1 for my main keyword, with the very same anchor text and yet my website is only #3. How is that?
    Following your logic, link from that #1 site should make my site outrank it but it does not. It improved over last 7 months but I am far from outranking it.
    Bottom line: there are many other factors Google takes in to consideration and that is why the donor page ranks higher at least for a while.

If anything it just confirms strength of my directory.
    See, if you've looked at the listing page you would have noticed that the anchor text pointing to the target page is "J.Vallecorsa Photography",
    And that is where my directory link is #3 bellow the target page itself.

There is a second anchor text on that detail page, that reads "same name+ city" but points back to the very listing ( not the target page) and that one ranks #1. Obviously the target page does not compete for that City.
    Also, if none of them have been ranking, I would agree there was no juice to pass, but to claim that it does not pass at this point ( after only 2 weeks) makes no sense. Or do you have a juice-miter to measure the flow?

CReed, if you trying to prove that do follow, direct link from my blog does not pass any juice, by confirming that both of those : target page and listing itself rank on top of the SERPs for those phrases -you failed.
    Besides, if you care to check, all my main categories rank in top10( many top1) for their own keywords. That is why I know there is plenty juice to pass , I don't have to guess.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
    agtile, Aug 20, 2010 IP
  14. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You miss the whole point but it's ok. Hard to have a discussion when one party isn't open to looking beyond the obvious; seems to be the theme around here. Not trying to knock the directory, no reason to get defensive.

Best wishes for your continued success.

CReed, Aug 20, 2010 IP
  15. RashmiP

RashmiP Peon

Best Answers:
    All these search engine points of backlinks are very confusing. It differs from site to site. Only thing we should do is submitting our sites to as many relevant sites as possible. Also in good directories.

RashmiP, Aug 20, 2010 IP
  16. rajanforums

Best Answers:
    Hi RashmiP,
    I agree with your point that we should submit to relevant sites. But i would like to narrow that to only working ones. Instead of submitting to 300 directories and getting 100 approvals. IN that 100 approvals, we are not sure which links will be counted by google.

This is what i am doing

1. Submitting to 1000's of directories once
    2. check which are of them are moderating faster. {** I mean moderating and not approving]
    3. Now go to those directories which have approved me
    4. Search and find my listing page and record them in an excel
    5. Give around 2 weeks time for search engines to index my new backlinks.
    6. then check which of the back links are visibly counted either in google webmaster tools or yahoo search engine.
    7. Now use only those directories for all future submissions.

Thanks again to CReed and agtile for some informative arguments. CReed you may have a point. But we have no other options. I am not 100% sure whether all visible links will be counted by google. But we have to consider it that way and keep going.

In Btw , here is an update

My website has been ranked first for the following search term

"premium backlink directory"

I have been using this as my anchor text in the past 8 days of massive link building experiment. This is a long keyword and so it was easy to rank, still this was the first time i used this keyword for link building. a marginal success.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
    rajanforums, Aug 20, 2010 IP
    CReed likes this.
  17. agtile

agtile Active Member

Best Answers:
    Easy to say, where is the proof of that?

Is that it?
    If my directory page has outranked the target page it is because it has more authority than the target page itself. This is very simple to me.

For example: Do you really think that if somehow I managed to acquired home page link on Google.com and was able to place do follow link pointing back to my search engine site with that very "search engine" anchor text.
    Following you logic if Google was carrying any weight and passed any juice with that link - my website should outrank the Google's own page for that keyword?

Is this how the juice and weight is being distributed? because that is what I hear you saying basically.

And as silly my example maybe , I don't know how better explain the obvious.

Not looking to talk you down, everybody's entitled to their own point of view, am just trying to get trough with mine.

agtile, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  18. edith hadiansyah

edith hadiansyah Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing, nice info.
    my site listed in dir.yahoo.com at August 18 2010, i hope i feel the difference after listed in dir.yahoo.com.

edith hadiansyah, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  19. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    While it's a good idea to keep in mind that just because Google reports a link doesn't necessarily mean it's counted you still should work on acquiring links from good resources; editorial additions from well ranked sites are always a plus. Congrats on the success so far; keep applying your methods and you should continue to see positive results.

CReed, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  20. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Beyond the basics of being a quality directory, my thinking is the only way you can know if the search engines will find your listing is to determine whether or not the page your listing appears on has been indexed.

As to counting backlinks, I've given up on that years ago. The big two are inconsistent in the numbers they report, so there's no point in tracking them. I used several of my own sites and tracked the backlink counts. My findings can be reviewed in my article Backlink Madness - why counting backlinks is a waste of time. It has a little age on it but I've not seen any evidence that anything has changed.

YMC, Aug 22, 2010 IP