1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much is Email Marketing profitable?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by rome9t9, Aug 19, 2010.

I hear many people saying "the money is in the list"..I want to know how better it is to article marketing?? I know we can send offers to the same person again and again, but what is a general industry average earning per subscriber?

I read somewhere that each subscriber is worth $1. Is that true?

Thanks.

rome9t9, Aug 19, 2010 IP
  2. RioNomad

RioNomad Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, it depends on what type of email marketing you are doing. If you run a website about lifting weights for example, you can make a lot of money by collecting emails. You can send out coupons with affiliate links when companies run them. New books, workout dvds, pullup bars, etc. etc.

The options are endless with email marketing. However, you must build your own list for it to be really valuable. Spamming a list you got online won't yiled much results. But if you have 5,000 subscribers to your own list, there is big bucks in it.

RioNomad, Aug 19, 2010 IP
    rome9t9 likes this.
  3. contentking818

contentking818 Peon

Best Answers:
    Email marketing is one of the most effective ways of promoting online, of course it depends where you are getting your list from. Opt in leads and double opt in leads are people highly interested in what you are trying to sell or want more information. Purchasing leads online for bulk mailing is not an effective way of email marketing, it can be considered spam. I prefer Article Marketing over Email marketing simply because an article can be indexed or searched for a very long time.

contentking818, Aug 19, 2010 IP
  4. Host IT

Host IT Peon

Best Answers:
    our suggestion is to go for permission based email marketing. provide option for unsubscribe for the recievers.

Host IT, Aug 19, 2010 IP
  5. xprtwalk

xprtwalk Peon

Best Answers:
    We know that email marketing is the good way to promote your services and products online but depends on which type of email marketing you are doing.

The main thing when you are going to do email marketing that having a good email Id collection of real persons and a fresh email server that should not be blacklisted coz if it would be than your mostly mail would be send in the spam box.

So first collect the genuine and authentic email addresses for email marketing and make the email you are sending very effective and interesting and always tell the benefits of receiver that why should he choose your products and services.

Email marketing is very profitable if done in the right direction otherwise the success ratio of email marketing is very less.

xprtwalk, Aug 19, 2010 IP
    rome9t9 likes this.
  6. horsey67745

horsey67745 Peon

Best Answers:
    email marketing push is really a good marketing approach, but now the proliferation of spam, so e-mail filter so that email marketing is not easy to do

horsey67745, Aug 20, 2010 IP
  7. emmataylors

emmataylors Peon

Best Answers:
    Email marketing present an opportunity of a sale or pre-sell concept each time they are opened. However, you should learn all the concepts involve regarding single opt-in, double opt-in, learning to write good titles of the emails, great call to actions and also very important, save your numbers or statistics so that you can improve the email system gradually.

emmataylors, Aug 20, 2010 IP
  8. rome9t9

rome9t9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot guys..redarding the blacklist servers, I am thinking of buying an Aweber account..i am in the affiliate marketing business and as RioNomad said, I would mail them about latest offers etc... however, a rough estimate of earning per subscriber would be great to know about...

Also, its a must to provide your real address when using Aweber..anyone got any mail or a direct visit to your address from any of your subscriber??

rome9t9, Aug 20, 2010 IP
  9. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    email marketing profitable once u send email to targeted customer.

newlogo, Aug 20, 2010 IP
  10. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you need to provide value to them give away something for free in exchange for their name and e-mail address.. then develope a relationship with them.. just keep providing value to them ..give stuff away for free.. make sure its usful to them..

kb24, Aug 20, 2010 IP
  11. BusinessGod

BusinessGod Peon

Best Answers:
    email marketing is the best....all the top dogs use it as their #1 method of promotion...so chew on that..

BusinessGod, Aug 20, 2010 IP
  12. EMO_Ralez

EMO_Ralez Peon

Best Answers:
    The list is worth nothing. The relationship to the list matters. You want a responsive, targeted list and it will convert like mad

EMO_Ralez, Aug 20, 2010 IP
  13. marketingideas

marketingideas Peon

Best Answers:
    The relevance of your list is important. The reason they subscribe in the first place is important. The way you monetize your list is going to have a big impact on your earnings.

I think a figure like "e-mail marketing is worth $1" is a meaningless statistic. Who are they talking about? Spammers? Gurus? People in between? Niche sites? General purpose sites? There is no way to realistically put a $$$ value on e-mail marketing in general. Take that stat, and decide whether your list/strategy is better than average, and add a few dollars if it is, or cut that number in half if it's not.

marketingideas, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  14. matty01

matty01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i'm kinda old school with email marketing. i run a service buisiness part time, and i don't own an autoresponder. however, when business gets slow and i want to run a special to drum up business, i email all my customers that are inactive and i'd say 40-50% of them respond. i absolutley think email marketing works

matty01, Aug 22, 2010 IP
  15. TonsOfLinks

TonsOfLinks Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends on how well the list is. I have a small list of people who are very intrested in products i sell them. This list is worth more then a list of 2000 people you got on craigslist.

TonsOfLinks, Aug 22, 2010 IP
  16. Victoria B

Victoria B Peon

Best Answers:
    Excellent response... no need to say more.

Cheers!

Victoria B, Aug 22, 2010 IP
  17. BB-OM

BB-OM Member

Best Answers:
    Email marketing can be very effective. It helps build your email database which is very important. Use a good email marketing host like Aweber; they are arguably the best in business.

BB-OM, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  18. emmataylors

emmataylors Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. Aweber is the best...But remember when starting a new email series they will always put you on double opt-in and you would have to change into single opt-ins manually.

emmataylors, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  19. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    email marketing is worked especially when its targeted towards particular people

newlogo, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  20. ShaneRQR

ShaneRQR Guest

Best Answers:
    It's very much profitable, mate.

Just keep in mind that quality > quantity. It's easy to build a huge list off of crappy traffic, but that won't make you any money. It's better to have a small list of people who really want to be on your list and receive your mails and who are buyers than to have a big-ass list of people who think you're spamming them and won't ever spend any money with you.

ShaneRQR, Sep 10, 2010 IP