1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Popular Site: After Downtime, No Longer Crawling

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by kinkarso, Aug 4, 2010.

Hi there,

I noticed that for one of my websites, traffic has been down ~20% -50% down for search engine traffic from Google. I have Google webmaster tools all set up, but don't understand why the traffic isn't picking up.

My website has been down for around two days, and in Google webmaster tools, I see a bunch of errors (70,000+) when trying to crawl my pages on those two days.

Now it's been a week and the traffic is still not picking up. It looks like Google is no longer crawling my website (see below), do you have any theories why?

http://screensnapr.com/u/7ev85q.png

Thanks!
    Donny

kinkarso, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  2. Mindcracking

Mindcracking Peon

Best Answers:
    Maby you need to put your site back online. So Google can crawl your site. Push them in the right direction. Make some new articles. Ping some things. Make some backlinks to get Google noticed that your site is backup.

Mindcracking, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  3. webrickco

webrickco Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google will take time to recover from those link errors and index all your links again.

webrickco, Aug 19, 2010 IP
  4. dairyman

dairyman Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Better submit your sitemap.xml to google through Google Webmaster Tools after updating contents in your site. By this way, you can make the google bot to crawl your site sooner.

dairyman, Aug 20, 2010 IP
  5. Rampart

Rampart Guest

Best Answers:
    You can also go to google webmaster tools / labs, and click "fetch as googlebot".

Rampart, Aug 27, 2010 IP