1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is using blogspot risky ?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by ajomehri, Aug 6, 2010.

Hello
    i have my new blog hosted within blogger which is totally great :)
    but i wonder could it be risky in future ? any possibility that i lose my blog ? any idea ? advice? experience?

ajomehri, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  2. anupviews

anupviews Member

Best Answers:
    There is no risk by using Blogger Blogspot. Even I am using blogspot blogger since more than 2 years and I haven't found any errors. If you use wordpress the you must have more problem than blogger. Blogger is Great! So, no risk :)

anupviews, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  3. Hollow

Hollow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depends o what you publish. If you are correct with Google's TOS (Blogger) then you've got nothing to worry about.

Hollow, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  4. KimiGermany

KimiGermany Peon

Best Answers:
    the only risk you can have is your account being suspended. There are tons of people who currently have sefhosted blogs, because they have blogged in blogger for years, and their accounts were suspended. So i guess its very important to always follow the TOS ;)

KimiGermany, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  5. barrywiki

barrywiki Peon

Best Answers:
    Listen, Blogger blogs are fine for everyday use. Personally I would steer clear of any remote hosted platform for business use. You do not have control over your own content. If they do not like your content or yu stray slightly from their rigid TOS and you could lose the blog. Imagine that happening 2 or 3 years down the line when you have invested loads of time, effort & money building it and may have a good income from it and ...bang...it's all gone!

Stick to self hosted blogs using WP or whatever you choose. Just make sure that nobody can take it away from you.

barrywiki, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  6. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    they are risky some times. one of my blog is marked spam and that idiotic google bots suspended the whole google account :mad: (gmail ,, orkut all suspended) after i verified in mobile they enabled again. but the thing is that blog is an empty blog :eek:

chandan123, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  7. Wulkan91

Wulkan91 Member

Best Answers:
    I see that you can get suspended on blogger.
    Does anyone know if it's against their TOS to post clickbank product reviews on blogger?

Wulkan91, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  8. bob25

bob25 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    bob25, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  9. kabalyero

kabalyero Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes! Blogger has this auto spam detection thing that is very unreliable. Once you get your blog auto-detected as spam even though it is not, getting it back will be tough... :(

kabalyero, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  10. tunick5896

tunick5896 Peon

Best Answers:
    there is no risk , you can use it blogger is great ! we can use it

tunick5896, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  11. aqif

aqif Member

Best Answers:
    Everything you do have it own risk. Same goes using blogger.

However, just do your best.

It is only my 2 cents. Good luck! :D

aqif, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  12. putri1990

putri1990 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just make sure you are always writing unique content my friend. I am using Blogger.com for 3 years and my blog is safe from spam detected until now. If you have a good content, Google will really like you friend.. :)

putri1990, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  13. andyro

andyro Member

Best Answers:
    I too have noticed that blogspot likes only unique content. If you decide to spin your blog posts a little bit, or even copy/paste content onto your blog, it can very well turn into spam. So stick to writing unique web content.

andyro, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  14. ajomehri

ajomehri Active Member

Best Answers:
    thank you guys for your responses , so it seems having a fresh and unique content is a must to avoid any risk , but how blogger checks the content in order to be unique ? is it done through automatic systems or spiders or is it done manually under a human supervision ? usually i copy parts of an article from a website or Wikipedia but i add my thoughts and ideas to it , is it considered as spam since parts of it being copied ?

ajomehri, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  15. mocansimiondaniel

mocansimiondaniel Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend to buy your one host and buy a domain. I did the same, if google decides to bad your account you will lose all your article so a domain hosted by you you will never lose your articles.

mocansimiondaniel, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  16. gesellczdu

gesellczdu Peon

Best Answers:
    Generally speaking , there is no risk at all ,but if publish some illegal content which affect human being , it exist some danger!

gesellczdu, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  17. satguy

satguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Blogspot have just fired a warning shot at everyones dashboard in the last day or so.. it is a warning about spam post and spam comments...

Their Bots have been sent out to terminate bad blogs,, they can not be reasoned with, the don’t feel pain, and the will not stop.

satguy, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  18. jewmark

jewmark Peon

Best Answers:
    I quite blogspot for about 6 months already because of Auto-spam fighter. This auto-spam did cause big problem to me. One of my active blog with PR2 was detected as spam and was deleted. I have to spend around 5 business days to get my blog back to life then they tend to say that it may be accident that my blog was deleted. (contents were written by me)

Later, next week other blog was deleted again so now I decided to find self host to make sure that my online business won't be disturbed next time. Now nice to be with wordpress.

jewmark, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  19. StevenLuck

StevenLuck Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not that there is no risk at all. There can always be risks anytime :p Your blog can be deleted, for example. I experience this several times before. Sometimes, it's not the fault of the reader, it could be the problem with the robots. And, your blog get deleted, it will be hard to get it back. The most safety one is hosting your own ^^ Undeniably, I still have some blogspot blogs. But, for long term, I suggest hosting your own blog :)

StevenLuck, Aug 19, 2010 IP
  20. sameer@10

sameer@10 Peon

Best Answers:
    Is your blog risky ?

:D

sameer@10, Oct 1, 2010 IP