1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogger blog disabled due to "SPAM"

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Aldouspi, Aug 16, 2010.

I have been running a blogger blog for about 3 and half years. It has stayed basically the same regards the format and the same advertising shell. And I posted unique and subject oriented content regularly.

This evening, I received an email stating the blog account has been disabled due to "SPAM."

It is frustrating for two reasons:

All that content and readership has been lost. The subject is a personal one in a small niche of people, whom I believe I have helped and informed over these years.

And, it was generating around $35 to $75 a month in adsense revenue...

Regarding the "SPAM" violation. The only possible policy infraction that I can see were the occasional links to products. Links like telling people where to find diabetes supplies... (My topic is different, but the kind of product links are the same).

And lately, that kind of intermingled content has been posted a lot less often. So I am confused over why postings, that have been okay for years, suddenly are not... I understand that Google and Blogger makes the rules and has the right to reinforce them, but this is tiring, to say the least.

Anyway, I have asked for a review and reinstatement by Google and Blogger. And if reinstatement is not possbile, I have asked for the opportunity to export my blog.

I will update any response that occurs from Google.

Has anyone, here, ever had their blogger blog reinstated?

Aldouspi, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  2. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    if you cannot even tell what kind of personal site you were running and what kind of products you were promoting, then there is a possibility that your content is in violation of blogger policy. see what you find out from your appeal. good luck

sultanofseo, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  3. belland

belland Peon

Best Answers:
    I also heard a story like this on other community. His blog was disabled because of heavy traffic.

belland, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  4. Aldouspi

Aldouspi Peon

Best Answers:
    My apologies, I did not mean to be cryptic about the content. The blog was about my personal dealings with a health issue. I do not want to share the particular health topic on a public forum.

But there are adsense ads out there related to the topic and other topic-related websites that run adsense ads out there - although not very many that I have found of quality. If it was the content, I think they would have stated so.

The products talked about are in the main supportive products related to the health issue. And I know from feedback that the readers appreciated finding out about some of them. Such products being found on Amazon or Commission Junction or Clickbank, and non-affiliate areas.

Did I step over some line? Apparently so. Can I identify what the line was, not conclusively or easily. After 3 and a half years, I had reached a conclusion that my posts were inline with the TOS. Silly me - we are at the Emporer's whim...

Mainly, I am frustrated that my work is gone and I do not know what detail(s) of the rule I violated.

I post this as a cautionary tale - I should have gotten away from blogger, many years ago.

Still I may be crying unnecessarily and I will be returned to the Blogger fold...

Anyone else every been able to return to blogger in such a situation?

Aldouspi, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  5. bizhobby

bizhobby Peon

Best Answers:
    I would make noise. I would write an article for Consumerist to raise awareness that Google is becoming evil. Yes, they have covered their asses in the TOS, but they need to make sure you have access to your blog before they shut you down.
    No warning, no signs.

Could also be that they are afraid of FTC going after them for anything medical related... (there was a huge debate about a company promoting acai berry remedies and FTC penalized them for millions)

bizhobby, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  6. Serious Workers

Serious Workers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you think it is done in a wrong way then you should ask them back by mail and ask them why do they think that it is "SPAM"?

Serious Workers, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  7. mubashirnisar

mubashirnisar Banned

Best Answers:
    you should contact them about there decision,btw when you were making 35-70$ a month then why did not you move yourself to a new paid host?

mubashirnisar, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  8. Aldouspi

Aldouspi Peon

Best Answers:
    I have contacted Goggle/blogger and am awaiting their reply.

Why didn't I move this blog? Because when I had learned that I could do so - it was already well indexed as a blogspot blog and I was just dumb... In a sense I had trusted that with several years under my belt - that it would always be okay.

All of my other blogs and websites are on paid hosts.

9. Aldouspi

Aldouspi Peon

Best Answers:
    Here is an update.

It appears that I was the victim of software profiling.

Within the last few days, Blogger has installed some type of anti-blog spam software which, with its Fuzzy Logic, stamped my blog as spam. (I am guessing that this software was implemented to target blogger sites that are filled with automatic postings??)

I contacted Google to have my blogger account reinstated, and thus regain access. Google reinstated access.

Within the account, I then was able to request that the blog, itself, be reinstated.

After a phone verification, that I was the account holder, took place, I was then sent to a page that stated that my blog had been removed by a software program and that my blog would now be reviewed by a human being.

And I am now waiting for the result of the review.

10. LTY83

LTY83 Peon

Best Answers:
    just one more reason not to host your content/blog on 3rd party websites - when the company can simply pull the plug on your website and your earnings

LTY83, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  11. qardinal

qardinal Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah it's sad but Google/Blogger has the ability to destroy somebody's way of life through something as simple as software giving a false positive.

qardinal, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  12. coolerchoice

coolerchoice Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google Blogger does not like links to other sites,when i say this if you just add links instead of posts they will class this as spam.

coolerchoice, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  13. wajid1983

wajid1983 Peon

Best Answers:
    sometime blog is disabled due to heavy traffic.

wajid1983, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  14. Aldouspi

Aldouspi Peon

Best Answers:
    I can understand that. And that is not the case here. Mainly I posted about my experiences, thoughts and observations, just like you guys are doing here. I even wrote a limerick or two - where several readers responded in kind - that was a fun post. And along with relevant product links I suggested other websites and forums, etc. when the topic suggested this kind of support. If writing original content with some links added, sometimes, is spam, than I am sunk...

But I am hopeful that is just part of the shakedown process of their new software and my blog will be resurrected. I am still waiting to hear back regards their human review of the blog.

Aldouspi, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  15. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have seen blogs deleted by them with the "spam" title before. You basically have no rights with them. It is their server and they can do what they want with it. Sorry for the pain they gave you, but I see below here there are so many other threads just like yours ...

Blue Star Ent., Aug 20, 2010 IP
  16. bluearrow

bluearrow Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One of my blogs deleted by Google and given reason was "spam". I was posting about my point and shoot camera and accessories I use for it and about its features. I wrote all so everything was unique and I was not even promoting that blog.
    I was getting around 700 UV per month and around $40 per month from Amazon. One day I had received mail telling blog was deleted and reason was "spamming".

Fortunately I had a backup I had taken a month ago so I Just installed it into a WP blog with my own domain. Blogger is not a safe platform anymore. Yeah I'd thought it was all bloggers mistakes and blogs why their blogs got deleted till it happened to me. If you are going to stick with them then take a backup everytime you post something.

bluearrow, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  17. ademmeda

ademmeda Active Member

Best Answers:
    Blogger wants "totally free-of-marketing blogs" and no matter how innocent your niche blog is it always carries the risk of getting banned. So, nowadays relying on Blogger and building a big site around a niche is probably equal to a waste of time.

ademmeda, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  18. tak819

tak819 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have a fans blogspot which rank 1st page on google. Google mark it as spam too but there is a link to resubmit for checking if your site is not a spam right? I get my blogspot back after resubmit it.

tak819, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  19. filipina4friends

filipina4friends Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes, that was the reason of blogger that's why they disabled my account to them, due to heavy traffic, my site has a PR3 rank and it was generates a nice income become.

filipina4friends, Aug 22, 2010 IP
  20. Aldouspi

Aldouspi Peon

Best Answers:
    Latest update: No review, as of yet, after five days:

After placing a request for a review, Blogger, at least, acknowledges the request:

Blogger also says that spam blogs are once usually filled with nonsensical or irrelevant content with many links, usually all pointing to the same site...

Aldouspi, Aug 22, 2010 IP