1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how long does it ta...

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by mumfry, Aug 17, 2010.

how long does it take for a site to appear online after you get it registered. I registered a domain almost 15 hours ago and it still doesn't get directed to pages. it instead gets directed to another domain on my server
    Is this normal

mumfry, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  2. relixx

relixx Active Member

Best Answers:
    This sounds like your server hasn't been set up to handle the domain. When you register a domain, you have to set up the DNS records to point to the right server, then you have to tell that server to show pages for that website.

If you point a domain to a server that hasn't been told to host that domain, normally the default website will be shown, which is probably what is happening here.

relixx, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  3. mumfry

mumfry Active Member

Best Answers:
    i did set up DNS records for the domain. but i still cant view the site properly

mumfry, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  4. RHS-Chris

RHS-Chris Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make sure things are correct here.

RHS-Chris, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  5. mellow-h

mellow-h Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems to be a IP conflict issue to me. Did you set the right virtualhost entry? Or it could be your dns A record is pointing to an IP which wasn't used to configure that site in apache?

mellow-h, Aug 19, 2010 IP