1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

StatCounter.com available to anyone

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by youtubeblogger, Jun 24, 2010.

I recently put statcounter on my blog. It is amazing with up to the minute results. Anyway, do you guys recommend allowing your stats open to anybody who comes through to your blog/site? Right now it is open to everyone to see. Would you say its a bad thing to do this because my competition could use this to their advantage

youtubeblogger, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  2. manish.chauhan

manish.chauhan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I feel that showing your traffic to your competitors is not a good idea. Your competitors can easily back track your marketing activities using your stats. So I would never recommend you to show your traffic stats openly.

manish.chauhan, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  3. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I doubt competitors can really get a big advantage over the keyword analysis on how your site gets the traffic. Possibly it will only make them green with envy each like they look at your stats. :)
    Besides by having open stats you tend to gain trust for direct banner selling. So no harm from my view to make the stats public.

wptheme, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  4. NuiLoa

NuiLoa Peon

Best Answers:
    There's no advantage to giving your competitors access to your stats. So why do it?

NuiLoa, Aug 16, 2010 IP