1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What's the BEST SOFTWARE for DIRECTORY SUBMISSION?

Discussion in 'Directories' started by winferocampo, Jul 6, 2009.

?

What is the BEST SOFTWARE for DIRECTORY SUBMISSION?

1. Manual submission is better.

17 vote(s)
    51.5%
  2. A directory submission software is much better.

16 vote(s)
    48.5%
  1. smart176

smart176 Peon

Best Answers:
    Manual submission is better

smart176, Aug 15, 2010 IP
  2. airstand

airstand Member

Best Answers:
    I think that manual submissions are better than submissions via some softwares :)

airstand, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  3. wilburncarver347

wilburncarver347 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    depends on if its your main page or not

wilburncarver347, Aug 19, 2010 IP
  4. Slowdraw

Slowdraw Guest

Best Answers:
    I believe there can be a place for both semi auto submitters and manual submissions. The problems are the submitters themselves, the person making the actual submission should take more care in the submission of their site, including Descriptions and particularly the category placement.
    Auto submitters can help - no different to having a P.A. bring up the basic submission and then you can change to a suitable category and ammend descriptions and add captchas and reciprocal links, if required.

Something like Submiteaze is a helpful Submission tool

It is the numskulls that don't take care in their submissions and try to submit to 1000's of sites a week - that are stuffing up the "natural" link building.

Slowdraw, Aug 20, 2010 IP
  5. dirsky

dirsky Member

Best Answers:
    I find Digixmas as one of the best submission software

dirsky, Aug 20, 2010 IP
  6. madaboutart

madaboutart Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe once we have a good list of auto directory submitters we should start a new poll on which one of them is the best?

madaboutart, Aug 20, 2010 IP
  7. homeworker11

homeworker11 Banned

Best Answers:
    Yeah I've used the same and it works like a harm :)
    Recommended!

homeworker11, Aug 20, 2010 IP
  8. hrsb

hrsb Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yess... ....Manual Submission is Best way to increase your websites value.....So don't use any software for them......

hrsb, Aug 20, 2010 IP
  9. brian65

brian65 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Internet Business Promoter is a very good submitter but can be quite expensive. I'd recommend SliQ Submitter Plus as a good directory submitter.

brian65, Aug 21, 2010 IP
  10. hosters

hosters Active Member

Best Answers:
    hosters, Aug 22, 2010 IP
  11. drewtoby

drewtoby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    there are paid submissions

drewtoby, Aug 22, 2010 IP
  12. adams07

adams07 Member

Best Answers:
    always avoid automatic submission..you can use roboform with firefox to make your task easier.....

adams07, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  13. subet

subet Banned

Best Answers:
    Where are these people? Please let me know :)

subet, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  14. Yo-Yo32

Yo-Yo32 Peon

Best Answers:
    SubmitEaze is by far the best I've ever used, and it can do article submissions too, without needing to pay extra.

The people who say "do it manually" don't have a clue what they're talking about; the directories don't know 'how' the data is posted to them. Whether it's by a web browser or other software makes absolutely no difference. The only difference is it's probably 20times faster doing it with submission software. The people who say 'do it manually' are probably the ones who offer a 'manual' submission service but you just know they're using submission software - don't be fooled by them, I've done both ways and it makes NO difference to the end result, only the amount of time it takes.

Yo-Yo32, Aug 24, 2010 IP
  15. proudlynaija

proudlynaija Peon

Best Answers:
    I will go the way of manual submission cos auto submission does not give the right result

proudlynaija, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  16. Yo-Yo32

Yo-Yo32 Peon

Best Answers:
    OK, in what way does it 'not give the right result'? What a load of garbage.

I think this is probably the thousandth time I've said this; submission software is just as good quality as doing it manually. I'VE USED BOTH AND IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE. I don't understand why idiots on here keep perpetuating the line of 'manual is best' - it's not. Can you care to explain why you think manually typing and selecting a category is 'better quality' than a software package entering it instead? It makes NO difference whether a software package enters the text, or it's manually written - it's text. The directory has no idea of how that text was inputted.

In fact, software is probably better because it can scan through all of the categories to find the most appropriate one based on your criteria. To do that manually would take too long so quite often you end up not submitting to the most appropriate category.

I can say from 4 years personal experience of using submiteaze that auto submission DOES give just as good results as doing it manually, and it's 20 times faster.

If people want to keep doing it manually then go ahead, it's no skin off my nose. But if you're going to come on here, give advice, and say 'manual is best' then at least say why and have some kind of fact to back it up. I'd love to know what manually written text is 'better quality' than the text that a software package has entered lol

Yo-Yo32, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  17. UnBooked

UnBooked Peon

Best Answers:
    Just about anyone is going to tell you that manual submissions are far better. Why? You get to select the directories and no risk of your site getting de-indexed or even banned.

UnBooked, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  18. LauraSmith

LauraSmith Peon

Best Answers:
    I also agree on manual submissions, but if you don't want to do it yourself, you can hire someone to do it for you. It's cheaper than buying a software.

LauraSmith, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  19. Yo-Yo32

Yo-Yo32 Peon

Best Answers:
    Geez, you do SEO for a living and you think you can get your site banned for submitting to directories?! See, this just highlights the drivel and mis-information that's banded around these forums. So tell me, if you can get banned by submitting to directories, then what's stopping you from submitting your competitors websites and getting them banned? Exactly, you can't.

Just to clarify, you CANNOT get banned/penalized for off-site optimization. You can only get banned for on-site optimization for doing blackhat techniques and linking to other banned websites.

Yo-Yo32, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  20. brian65

brian65 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice to hear some commonsense in response to the use of software for directory submission. The way so many people jump on the bandwagon of saying "manual submission" is best in threads like this, I wonder why they don't recommend phoning in their submission to the directory owner or even writing a letter.

brian65, Sep 1, 2010 IP