1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

BLOG PING RSS FEED YAHOO...what does it all mean

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by mrs.pinksox, Apr 5, 2005.

Tell me, does any of you find blog and ping helpful in your SEO?? I just started it but am wondering if i am missing a step...can anyone help? How long does it take to show up in the rankings and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE step me through the process... i did the blogger,pingomatic,my yahoo, rss feed , autodiscovery (discovered what tinu left out!) thing,,,
    SOOOOOO...is there anything i left out? thanks all for the input

the mrs

www.artwendy.com

http://artwendyabstract.blogspot.com
    http://artwendyabstract.blogspot.com/atom.xml

mrs.pinksox, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  2. sadcox66

sadcox66 Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    I did it several times. It did not work for me. If it did it was not obvious.

Your better off simply putting a single link on this forum.

sadcox66, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  3. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    ping-o-matic pings my.yahoo.com by default now, no need to ping it seperately. Add your site to your my.yahoo account so there is a reason for yahoo to grab your data. Check your my.yahoo account regularly.

I got into the yahoo index in less than a day, although just being in the index doesn't mean you are going to be highly ranked, but it's at least a first step.

Also, you can see in your my.yahoo account if there is data showing up properly. If it isn't maybe you should try using a different xml format. I don't know if yahoo reads atom, you probably need to use a rss feed instead.

http://blog.bkweddings.com/48-hour-blog-stats.htm

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=7359&page=1&pp=10

Also, ping pingomatic manually at least once through their website.

nevetS, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  4. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo doesn't advertise the fact but it does indeed read atom.

minstrel, Apr 5, 2005 IP
  5. oalhajjar

oalhajjar Guest

Best Answers:
    mrs.pinksox if you've done all that I think you're on the right path. Just make sure you've got incoming links and some good onpage SEO and you're 3/4 the way to getting traffic.

The last step is publishing quality content so people keep coming back.

oalhajjar, Apr 6, 2005 IP
  6. Automation_Man

Automation_Man Peon

Best Answers:
    Mrs pinksox
    Did you ever get this stuff figured out ?
    Please could you have a look at my post under the DP Yahoo API forum and give me the benefit of you experience.
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=148537
    Thanks

Automation_Man, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  7. guitarbinge

guitarbinge Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd also use pingoat

guitarbinge, May 20, 2008 IP
  8. Michisor123USA

Michisor123USA Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello!
    I use ping-o-matic as well. When is working I have an increase in visibility, but in the last month I had some problems:
    1) After I submit (ping) the session is timing out. In this situation I have no idea if some of the places were pinged or nothing was ping.
    2) If I try one more time, usually I got an error saying that I am pinging to frequently, I just Ping.
    3) I try to get around marking just a part of the places to ping to be sure that is not timing out, and I am Ok with what I chose to ping. I try again using the other places which wasn't ping yet. I got a message that I am pinging to frequently. I have to wait 2 hours and then ping the second lot of places I choose ping. and so on.
    4) The system keeps the info about the time you were there, not about what you were able to ping.

Do you have the same problem as I do?:confused:
    How you solve this timeout issues and how I can know what was pinged from the list I chose, if any, when I got an error message? Only when the pinging is going well from top to bottom, without timeout, the system gave us a list with what was pinged.

Regards
    Michisor:)

Michisor123USA, May 20, 2008 IP
  9. almir

almir Peon

Best Answers:
    I use pingoat and ping.in . there is much more sites they ping, then on pingomatic

almir, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  10. kumru

kumru Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ping websites usually decrease the time it takes for a website to be indexed. But even you use bookmarking sites like Digg it would be enougn for your website to be indexed in a few minutes.

So i don't use bunch of ping websites, it was the case for 2-3 years ago i guess, but now not necessary.

kumru, Oct 26, 2008 IP
  11. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    so finding bunch of digg like sites is useful ? ( is digg gives get indexed i thought its good for traffic only ? )

chandan123, Oct 26, 2008 IP
  12. bcsman

bcsman Member

Best Answers:
    I had been using Pingomatic as well for quite awhile. I had noticed an increase in visibility on my blog, although my blog was also showing up on many blog sites in different languages.
    I found a new pinging site that lets me ping all of the popular blog sites, in the United States. The site is called BlogBuzzer

Thomas

bcsman, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  13. Mrs. Sinner

Mrs. Sinner Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems to be producing results for me, although it seems to me that it may be a long road before it has significant impact. oalhajjar makes a key point when saying to make sure to produce quality content to keep people coming back, or maybe even giving them a reason to link to you!

Mrs. Sinner, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  14. Les_M

Les_M Peon

Best Answers:
    A real good pinger is Feed Ping
    or a new one is Ping RSS
    Try them for yourself and see what you think.

Les_M, Jun 13, 2009 IP
  15. zeruel

zeruel Peon

Best Answers:
    It is helpful. Pinging helps notifies servers that you have updates or you have updated your content.

All the things you mentioned here is not enough to get on the rankings instantly. Rankings do not only depend on how well you blog, ping, or update your site. It doesn't work like that alone. Updating of content can be helpful, but it won't always depend on that. ;) I suggest that you build links to your site with your targeted keywords.

zeruel, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  16. andri2121

andri2121 Member

Best Answers:
    ping process needs time, if you use wordpress for your blog, you can use this plugin :No Ping Wait

andri2121, Jun 14, 2009 IP
  17. bcsman

bcsman Member

Best Answers:
    I have definetely seen an increase with atraffic by pinging my blog. I have setup automatic pinging with BlogBuzzer.com

bcsman, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  18. Ameena

Ameena Active Member

Best Answers:
    whether it helps you SEO wise or not , it doesn't hurt to ping your posts through ping-o-matic, it takes a very little effort and its super easy to ping your posts so why not just ping your posts.

Ameena, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  19. Jericho33

Jericho33 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes social bookmarking sites will get your site indexed faster if you submit to them. Submit to sites like stumbleupon, reddit, twitter, technorati, mixx, etc.

You can also ping your RSS feeds and submit them to RSS aggregators. I would also add your RSS feed to your google reader.

Jericho33, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  20. Canaan_moore

Canaan_moore Peon

Best Answers:
    A new version of RSS Channel Writer released by Emergency Soft. This comprehensive, yet easy-to-use software promises to be the most professional in its field. http://www.rsschannelwriter.com/

Canaan_moore, Feb 15, 2010 IP