1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Anyone Know How to Create Another Content Box on my Site?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Altug, Aug 13, 2010.

Hey guys,

Wondering if anybody can help. I recently got a new wordpress site and theme up and running..well, it is still on a temporary domain. I just want to know if somebody can tell me how I can add another content box above the tabbed content box on my homepage.

Here you can see it : weightlosspundit.com (please don't leave comments on the site I know it is PR2 but only temporary url..I will be changing the site soon)

I just want to know how to add an empty box on top of the tabbed content box. I want to add text content above the tabbed box.

Thanks a lot for any advice and help :)

Altug, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  2. Web4Guru

Web4Guru Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Altug, there are a couple of ways I see of doing this. The easy way would be putting the content directly in the template file used for the home page's layout, located in the theme's folder, usually the home.php unless otherwise specified. In this file you can add a static content block between these two opening divs:

<div id="contentleft">
        <!-- ADD A CONTENT BOX -->
        <!-- THE CLASS GIVES IT THE WHITE BOX DESIGN -->
        <div class="postarea">
            <!-- ADD YOUR CONTENT CODE HERE -->
        </div>
        <!-- THE END -->
    <div class="hptabber">
    Code (markup):
    Hope that helps. The second way is more dynamic and creates a widget area in the same place, but is a little more complex to set up.

Web4Guru, Aug 13, 2010 IP