1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Shout out to Hub Pages!

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by kiddo, Aug 13, 2010.

So for the last site I made, a blog, I commented on other blogs, I used Submit Edge to submit it to 105 directories, I manually submitted to other directories, I wrote three ezine articles, I created squidoo pages....and I create hub pages.

Of all that, the only links that showed up after my first week were from Tim Ferris' blog, and from my three Hub Pages. All three hubs showed backlinks almost instantly. Could there be a better way to promote your site?

Here's an example of one I did for directories: http://hubpages.com/hub/10-Free-Directories-to-Submit-Your-Website-To - that took me like 20 minutes to set up (I don't actually have any do-follow links on there, I'm just using it to illustrate a point.)

Supposedly you can also make money on there, though I'm not too interested in that. Perhaps if I made thousands and thousands of the pages like some of the power users, but yeah...it's a great resource for link building. Any others here want to share some success with Hub Pages?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
    kiddo, Aug 13, 2010 IP
    kidsko likes this.
  2. kidsko

kidsko Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've had a lot of success with HubPages. I'm actually unsure if a lot of people actually use this resource. I know a lot of HubPages actually have great PR's and are dofollow so getting a backlink from them is like mining for gold and actually finding some. I will say that obviously the downside is that you need to sign up for an account I believe - at least I did. Trouble is like most backlinks when your writing comments, you need to be actually give a decent comment and toss in your link for it to appear worthwhile.

kidsko, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  3. kiddo

kiddo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah you need to sign in for an account, but it's completely worth it. If you write three articles for hubpages, and maybe tweet them a bit, you should get a score of about 65 without much effort. With that kind of score, you'll probably get about 10 visitors a day going to the page, besides that great link that you put there in the extra resources. That's much more than you could say for EZine, Squidoo, etc.

Actually one of my articles did get disabled because it didn't "meet the standards for HubPage quality" - but that was basically the first page I ever made there and it was really bad. Later I added some more content, and it started getting about 30 hits a day. That isn't much for traffic, but it does mean something if you've spent time building backlinks through other article directories, etc.

kiddo, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  4. frontier2002

frontier2002 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is quite true that hubpages is more better in search engine indexing. I have tested this and better than blogger or wordpress

frontier2002, Aug 13, 2010 IP