1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Getting Started August 2010

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by White80, Aug 12, 2010.

Hi,

I began with internet marketing at the end of July. I have so far got up a squeeze page with an opt in email box, free gifts and follow up emails.

My question is if you were a complete beginner starting with internet marketing in August 2010, what strategies would you use for maximum results?

Kindest,

Joe

White80, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  2. Budster2005

Budster2005 Peon

Best Answers:
    find a unique keyword with low comp n high searches, build a simple site with adsense and promote

Budster2005, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  3. wog

wog Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't use email marketing.
    I would learn the basics behind it, try organic marketing (good copy, driving traffic). Then I'd use email marketing.
    There are tons of methods and straegies, it depends what you do.

Driving traffic is a bible. Creating good copy is an art. This is all a big package.
    But I will certainly not use email marketing at first. email marketing is something that takes time to learn. If you spend your time studying what good email marketing copy is - You might neglect the real deal.

Traffic comes first - Learn traffic.

wog, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  4. Myongosi

Myongosi Peon

Best Answers:
    If I find yourself spending lots of time surfing on the web, I would first learn what it takes to be successful in internet marketing. Anyone with the ambition to make money with their computer can find plenty of ways to line their pockets with cash. Don’t expect to make any money without putting some work and effort into it either. Internet marketing requires that you get a grasp of what you want to venture into.

I would recommend that you take a training to avoid getting stuck on the way. There are more internet marketing ideas in http://www.theinternetmarketingsuperclass.com/superclasstraining. To your success in internet marketing.

Myongosi, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  5. factchecker

factchecker Peon

Best Answers:
    There is a course called Bum Marketing. You can find out all about it through searching Google. It teaches you how to use article marketing to get to your site. Although it might seem like an "outdated" technique, it is still HOT!

factchecker, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  6. yoes_san

yoes_san Peon

Best Answers:
    Just read around alot, but don't trust anything until you've tried it yourself.

yoes_san, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  7. lutzschwartz

lutzschwartz Peon

Best Answers:
    internet marketing is quite complex....I suggest that you must have to learn the basics first and do not rush everything...you'll see, you would come up with better results...

lutzschwartz, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  8. White80

White80 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much for all the posts so far. It is great to have your input.

Kindest,

Joe

White80, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  9. jennyc2

jennyc2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on what you're selling. Different strategies work best with the type of products you're selling.

jennyc2, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  10. emailmarketeer

emailmarketeer Peon

Best Answers:
    Social Media - Facebook; Linkedin; Twitter:: Take a look at www.mashable.com
    Email Marketing - Viral and Relational Marketing Strategies:: Take a look at www.e-goi.com
    SEO - On-page: Link Stracture, Tilte Structure, etc:: Take a look at www.seomoz.org

:)

emailmarketeer, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  11. slymarketing

slymarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    What's your product? Have you created it yourself, or are you promoting as an affiliate? Your basis is your product, and that's the most important part of marketing. If you don't have the "perfect" product, you'll end up struggling.

Let me know more about your product and I'll tell you what I believe works :)

slymarketing, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  12. stickersmelbourne

stickersmelbourne Peon

Best Answers:
    Dominate a micro niche and then start extending your products to expand your niche.

stickersmelbourne, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  13. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you to read around those famous people that make decent income on internet. Try a couple of ways to make money online. Find information that are right for you and start implementing it once you get a good idea of it.. I think it's all about learning and as you go on and keep up to the industry.

Justin_Dupre, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  14. cashcow

cashcow Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the best "strategy" (ok, well I'm not even sure it is a strategy in the way that you mean) is to have a long term business plan.

Why are you collecting emails? Do you have a sales funnel in place?

Do you have a plan to make long term profits out of your subscribers?

If you do than the next thing to focus on is traffic. If you don't then you might want to take a step back and think about your plan.

Of course, it does all boil down to traffic - and there is much more to that than one can put in one post reply! But it's good to have your plan in place before you start bringing in the traffic.

Lee

cashcow, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  15. Kevinmarshall80

Kevinmarshall80 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'll have to disagree with the other poster. I think you should be doing email marketing now! Most people wait until they already have already they already have other established domains up. I think you should get in the habit of building a list NOW because this the money is in the list!

Also...you should focus on only one niche at a time. Focus on getting loads of traffic to that one site before you move on to your next niche.

Kevinmarshall80, Aug 13, 2010 IP