1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need help with XML Sitemap Generator for WordPress 3.0.3

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Aaron111, Feb 12, 2008.

Please can some one direct me to building the site map:) kudos given.........:rolleyes:

Aaron111, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  2. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    mjewel, Feb 12, 2008 IP
    atomsplash likes this.
  3. atomsplash

atomsplash Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed. Use a Wordpress plugin, it's much easier. I've used the above one and it works great.

atomsplash, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  4. Aaron111

Aaron111 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what I meant was I found It I did not know that when you upload to the temple t it auto does the site map""' so hers the site http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/google-sitemap-generator/
    thanks I see that its automatically done here thank"" :)
    is their any thing I should do to make this work better like the ad options like these"" update notification:

Learn more

* Notify Google about updates of your Blog
    No registration required, but you can join the Google Webmaster Tools to check crawling statistics.
    * Notify MSN Live Search about updates of your Blog
    No registration required, but you can join the MSN Live Webmaster Tools to check crawling statistics.
    * Notify Ask.com about updates of your Blog
    No registration required.
    * Notify YAHOO about updates of your Blog
    Your Application ID:
    Don't you have such a key? Request one here! (Web Services by Yahoo!)
    * Modify or create robots.txt file in blog root which contains the sitemap location.
    File permissions: OK, robots.txt doesn't exist but the directory is writable.

Advanced options: Learn more

* Limit the number of posts in the sitemap: (Newer posts will be included first)
    * Try to increase the memory limit to: (e.g. "4M", "16M")
    * Try to increase the execution time limit to: (in seconds, e.g. "60" or "0" for unlimited)
    * Include a XSLT stylesheet: Use Default (Full or relative URL to your .xsl file)
    * Enable MySQL standard mode. Use this only if you're getting MySQL errors. (Needs much more memory!)
    * Build the sitemap in a background process (You don't have to wait when you save a post)
    * Exclude the following posts or pages: List of IDs, separated by comma
    Here you can specify files or URLs which should be included in the sitemap, but do not belong to your Blog/WordPress.
    For example, if your domain is www.foo.com and your blog is located on www.foo.com/blog you might want to include your homepage at www.foo.com

* Note: If your blog is in a subdirectory and you want to add pages which are NOT in the blog directory or beneath, you MUST place your sitemap file in the root directory (Look at the "Location of your sitemap file" section on this page)!
    * URL to the page: Enter the URL to the page. Examples: http://www.foo.com/index.html or www.foo.com/home
    * Priority: Choose the priority of the page relative to the other pages. For example, your homepage might have a higher priority than your imprint.
    * Last Changed: Enter the date of the last change as YYYY-MM-DD (2005-12-31 for example) (optional).

URL to the page Priority Change Frequency Last Changed #
    No pages defined.

heres what is says

* Your sitemap was last built on February 12, 2008 7:08 pm.
    * Your sitemap (zipped) was last built on February 12, 2008 7:08 pm.
    * Google was successfully notified about changes.
    * MSN was successfully notified about changes.
    * Ask.com was successfully notified about changes.
    * The building process took about 1.25 seconds to complete.
    * If you changed something on your server or blog, you should rebuild the sitemap manually.
    * If you encounter any problems with the build process you can use the debug function to get more information.

Aaron111, Feb 12, 2008 IP
  5. Ryan Steinolfson

Ryan Steinolfson Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ryan Steinolfson, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  6. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    thats a programing issue :)

Aaron111, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  7. ashutoshkj

ashutoshkj Guest

Best Answers:
    @Ryan

click edit link for the post then u will get excerpt text box... enter desired text here and update the post.

while writing a new post u can also add it. if it is not added the it is automatically generated from the article content

ashutoshkj, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  8. Aaron111

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips here --- but what is ""xml video site map for wordpress"" is that a FREE ONE????? and whats youre technology in WP ??

Aaron111, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  9. Ryan Steinolfson

Best Answers:
    Thanks Ashutoshkj (crazy name btw) for the info.

I am now trying to edit the thumbnail image that is referenced in the sitemap. If I create a site map of YouTube video's then I think the thumbnail image comes from the thumbnail image that YouTube generates, correct?

Ryan

Ryan Steinolfson, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  10. Ryan Steinolfson

Best Answers:
    Now I am trying to create a site map of a video that I am hosting on an S3 Server. Does anybody know how to get a site map approved on Google webmaster tools that references a video that is hosted via S3?

I am using the Easy Video Player.

Ryan

Ryan Steinolfson, Aug 11, 2010 IP