1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

◘ Selling Medications Online .. "a problem!"

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by sddktech, Jul 17, 2010.

?

Do you promote any health products online?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
    Hi guys,

I'm starting this thread because it's important for you as an Internet marketer if you're interested in the health niche.. so we need to discuss and we need more info..

There is a "National Geography" documentary about someone from San Diego, he was an Internet marketer in this niche ... and after making "some millions" .. the FBI search closely about his illegal sources of drugs, after buying he sells the products on-line and in his store.. finally he jailed for three years... but he did not know that these drugs are illegal.. and he talked about making thousands of dollars daily .. and he showed some pictures .. travelsn, business ... & rich man life.

This N.G documentary was about illegal drugs manufacturers from India, Mexico ... and about their on-line pharmacies ... a big problem ... right?

I want to promote some health products especially medications .. but, how to know that the company is legit? especially if this company is outside the US, UK and CA ... because 3rd world countries can't control them totally..

We may join a good affiliate program and get good commissions .. but after promoting what? fake drugs for some people who have serious disease like cancer, diabetes, mental disorders ... etc.
    This is a catastrophe!

So ..
    • How to do before joining meds companies affiliate programs?
    • How to check them before you start promoting their products?
    • And what is the role of some administrations like FDA here?

sddktech, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  2. sddktech

sddktech Peon

Best Answers:
    ... and you can see this NABP section about "Buying Medicine Online" ...
    Contains info about these Internet pharmacies, some websites not recommended ... etc.
    Hope to find more info from you guys :)

sddktech, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  3. jpeal

jpeal Peon

Best Answers:
    hey, yes I know what you mean. I was very hesitant to get into this market, however, after doing my research I joined a great pharma afiliate program which sells only non controlled medications. Getting involved with program which sell controlled is usually the ones to make the top of the list and end up getting shut down by the FDA or even by their hosting companies.

jpeal, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  4. sddktech

sddktech Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi jpeal,

That's true, FDA & NABP are against these illegal companies that do business globally without any license, and without any identity too, while publishers like us from around the world promote their drugs (illegal or not.. who knows?)

Just visit LegitScript and verify your medications affiliate .. you will know more info about this niche ..

sddktech, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  5. Lastbutnotleast

Lastbutnotleast Peon

Best Answers:
    Lastbutnotleast, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  6. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Thanks for that link. I was considering promoting an online pharmacy which is considered to be a rogue internet pharmacy on that site. It's difficult to know which pharmacies you can trust.

dcristo, Nov 28, 2010 IP
  7. topcash

topcash Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I think the reason the person was sent to jail was because he sold illegal drugs out of his house.

If you are an affiliate for a legit health products company than there is nothing to worry about.

topcash, Nov 28, 2010 IP
  8. smile633

smile633 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just had a friend telling me recently that her doctor (not via internet) got her drugs manufactured in a dubious country and she had ill-effects. It's not just the internet that is not transparent.

smile633, Nov 28, 2010 IP