1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

When PayPal will come to Romania ?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by EvcRo, Apr 27, 2006.

1. natterbu

natterbu Peon

Best Answers:
    I was the one who mentioned that Romania was joining EU as i thought this would help Romania economically and also increase investment from foreign companies.

I am not romanian but i have a lot of respect for the guys as I have used developers from around the world and spent 25k on development and they are the only developers who have not let me down.

Are there any alternative systems that offer same features as paypal?

What about the system that the guys at allofmp3 use?

I have used scriptlance but the charges are a bit high.

Thanks

natterbu, Jul 4, 2006 IP
  2. sandossu

sandossu Guest

Best Answers:
    moneybookers is a good alternative for paypal

sandossu, Jul 6, 2006 IP
  3. smartgirl

smartgirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm from Romania too.I use epassporte and moneybookers for making payments. Recently i needed to pay for my hosting so i went to my epassporte account trying to transfer the sum but surprise! , they restricted my account WITHOUT any notice. That action just speaks for itself.
    I too, am desperately trying to diversify my payment methods in order to develop my business but ,from what i see, fraud made by some idiots is the main reason we, romanians, are all treated like criminals.

smartgirl, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  4. geegel

geegel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    MB is indeed a good alternative, but unfortunately not very popular in countries like Canada, United States, Australia or United Kingdom where most of my clients reside. This often meant lost opportunities. Right here on DP I almost landed two copywriting projects, but I ultimately lost them due to this issue.

It's not us the Romanians that need Paypal, it's Paypal that needs us. The outsourcing community here is the largest in Europe and second in the world after India.

Paypal loses money each day due to its paranoid policy and this amount grows daily.

It's Moneybookers and Western Union for me now and I consider it some sort of personal crusade to stop people seeing Paypal as the mother of all payment systems, it is a limited option and using it reduces the availability of engaging outsourcing effectively.

Best regards, George

geegel, Sep 25, 2006 IP
  5. Heritage

Heritage Guest

Best Answers:
    Perhaps I have a rather skewed view of Romania but I don't believe they warrant either acceptance by Pay Pal or the EU. They have a very low GDP of about 2300 USD and half of this in my opinion comes from the pimps, prostitutes and thieves who live illegally in Europe and send money how to their families. Jails in Spain, France, Italy and Germany are filled with Romanian's waiting to be deported -- almost as bad as the Senegalese.

With that said I have meet a number of decent people in Romania but it is the minority that have skewed my views. Maybe it was also the "shack-down" that occurred in Bucharest at the airport.

Heritage, Sep 25, 2006 IP
  6. mariush

mariush Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel that I need to defend my country. It really upsets me when I hear things like this..

I don't deny the fact that there are romanians that destroy the name of our contry in other country BUT the real problems are caused by gipsies that call themselves "rromi" in Romania but outside they say they're romanians.

Over 90% of the romanian people outside commiting criminal things are gipsies .. criminal things means theft, prostitution, begging and so on.

Romania has poor people, but poor romanians actually want to work for money and go to Spain and other countries and work jobs that people in those countries no longer want to do (like staying all day on your knees and picking strawberries or climbing apple/cherry trees and gathering the fruits in buckets).

Gipsies go outside our coutries and beg or steal or force their kids to do prostitution and then come home and built huge houses and jewelery. If they get caught, they say they're persecuted here in Romania and they ask for political immigration rights.

Educated romanians are usually doing quality work, you can see that on outsourcing sites like Rentacoder...just look on Romanian programmers' accounts and see their ratings, then compare to the indians' reputation.

On RentACoder, indians get the most jobs because they really sell themselves short (like asking for a 20 hour job 3$), only their large volume prevents Romanians from beeing the #1 nation on outsourcing.

What can you ask from about 50.000-100.000 people that do outsourcing here ?

Sure, Paypal has no interest in this small number of people and their decision is also amplified by the large number of problems they had in the past with romanian kiddies too smart for their age that stole credit cards and bought merchandise ( a side note.. at that time, the credit card systems were in their baby stage, there really were lots of bugs and almost no checking was done on cards.. they kind of asked for it).

In conclusion, please, try not to have such a bad attitude over my country.

----

Now, on topic.. In Romania, it's very easy to get now a credit card that you can use on to make payments onlike such as Visa Electron cards from BCR (Romanian Commercial Bank). I've used this credit card to register on Google Adwords and to buy hosting.

So paying from Romania is no longer a problem.

To receive money, there are alternatives but I'm not yet decided on one.

Sure things are iKobo (large commisions, but they give you a credit card that you can use any time so when you receive money you can have it in 5 minutes or as long as it takes you to reach an ATM), Moneybookers (not tested yet) and Western Union (I've used it to get money from RentACoder).

Now I receive checks from Google Adsense and RentACoder and use BCR, the fees are low (5$ for under 100$ or 1.6 % ) but the bad thing is that it takes about 1 1/2 months for the cheks to clear.

Right now, I'm reviewing various services that would process credit cards, some options would be 2checkout.com , worldpay (kind of expensive setup fee), clickbank..

Probably the best would be to get a merchant account but this involves setup fees, monthly fees.. you need to have at least a small number of transactions /month (i didn't document myself on this so don't take my word for it)..

I think a merchant account is what GeCAD (romanian company) now offers at this site: http://www.epayment.ro/plata_online/

As you see, there are some steep setup and yearly fees. If I remember right, 300 Euros setup fee and about 200 euros / year , about 1 euro / transaction or something like that.

PS . Typical house for gipsies in my country. All from begging,stealing, prostitution.

[​IMG]

mariush, Sep 26, 2006 IP
    geegel and D'Godown like this.
  7. Heritage

Heritage Guest

Best Answers:
    Mariush,

I don't disagree with you. I had forgotten that most of the people engaged in prostitution, pimping and theft were gipsies, perhaps 90%. But they are the onces who give Romania a bad reputation.

Even in Canada Romanians have a bad reputation -- better than in the US as they associate Romania with "Nadia".

I apologize to you as well as the other hardworking Romanian's and say "mul-su-mesk" for setting the record straight. I just had a very bad experience.

Heritage, Sep 26, 2006 IP
  8. smartgirl

smartgirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Mariush,those are small houses, belonging to gipsies with less posibilities..oh, those poor people :p .
    Anyway,all my payments need to be made on US..till recently, i had no problem using Visa Electron but since they restricted my account i am in imposibility of paying urgent stuff so i'm now desperately trying to find a solution (2checkout.com is in my view also).

smartgirl, Sep 26, 2006 IP
    redhits likes this.
  9. xfairguy

xfairguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    2checkout.com is option for us unwanted by PayPal to receive PayPal payments but how to pay somebody how is only using PayPal, as I understand our credit cards are not good enough for PayPal also.

xfairguy, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  10. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hey guys, why do you think in Romania there are so much frauds?! An usually romanian hacker will only live his life on a programmer mIRC ( I known most of you have no fxxx what mIRC it is, and how bad it is for somebody brain, but let me explain you ... mIRC it's a kind of a chat programmer, where user are able to register their own channels, and be operators, and also giving op status to others,etc) . Most of romanians hackers are staying on mIRC, hacking girls,flooding their enemies, etc... but most of the romanians don't even known what ebay it is... A gu from here said what a romanian did on ebay , so 1 romanian did a bad thing on ebay , but let me ask you something else, how many americans are doing frauds on ebay?! are there frauds on ebay everyday?! and do they aper in news or on TV? I don't think so ...
    I am working for some time in the marketing area, and i even got merchants accounts with those big ads-market places (back a few years ago) as cj.com ; clixgalore ; clickxchange (and many others, I don't remember ... and do you known what I discovered?! no single fraud from romania...
    Clixgalore, didn't sent checks at that time to romanians because of frauds problems, they just begun (even if they didn't wrote this in terms/conditions for the first time) to revoke checks (they even didn't sent 1 single e-mail telling to them "We don't want to work anymore with you , please take our ads down"... However, i saw that most of the 90% of frauds are coming from Turkey , and turkey was strongly accepted country, even now, i am receiving lot's of fraudulent transactions from Turkey ... and , lol , take a look PayPal accepted them to have accounts, all websites accept them... now PayPal accept russia (that is well known for theyre frauds) but not romania...
    Why do you people think that in Romania are no laws?! Althrow you can't even imagine how easy you can go here in jail for a fraudulent transaction ... in Romania you can stay years in jail for scamming somebody , while in USA...
    Uhhh... is this because just a few people from Romania use the internet, while in turkey they are a lot or what!?

redhits, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  11. DarkGangsta

DarkGangsta Banned

Best Answers:
    that's not true !!!
    :mad:

DarkGangsta, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  12. boobi

boobi Peon

Best Answers:
    actually its my bad luck,
    I am an Iranian, and certaily at the end of list for any services,
    but when I was trying to trustworthy man who open a paypal account for my site, finally I found the service is not for him too

he was a Romanian

boobi, Dec 8, 2006 IP
  13. dojo

dojo Peon

Best Answers:
    mariush .. excellent post, thank you for clearing so many things up. We do have a HUGE problem with the rrom people (can't understand who was stupid enough to call them rrom when our country is called Romania. They are gipsies and that's how they are called in the entire world and I don't see any pejorative problem in here.). But we do have some very political correct leaders who thought they'd do them a favour by changing the name.

Back on the offtopic side: we're not killers, we're not prostitutes. We want to work and earn a decent buck. We put a lot of effort in our projects and try to kinda change this bad look that we don't have any fault for. Why am I to be blamed for 2 ebay hackers and a bunch of gypsies? I have spent 5 years of my life learning by myself web design and development. I have many sites and had clients even from abroad. I am trying to establish my brand for web design and I don't want to do anything but excellent work so that my clients are happy.

Back on topic: it's frustrating to NOT be able to have a PayPal account. I just opened a moneybookers account since I saw it recommended in here. Let's hope that I will have access at least in some places.

dojo, Mar 14, 2007 IP
  14. armand

armand Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I am from Romania also and I am dealing with same issues, like all of you.. All my clients want to pay mostly through Paypal. Even if I have my credit card at an US bank I still can't create a Paypal account.

So, I found a petition "Paypal for Romania", maybe you are also interested to sign it.
    Here is the link: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/933596892.

armand, Mar 15, 2007 IP
  15. marioland

marioland Banned

Best Answers:
    So, to sumarize, Moneybookers, Western Union, Ikobo, 2checkout.com and Scriptlance are some of the best ways to work around the Paypal restriction. Clickbank is also restricted to romanians. Any other methods available?

marioland, Mar 16, 2007 IP
  16. Peke

Peke Peon

Best Answers:
    PayPal is funked up altogether. I guess nobody really knows what are their policies when dealing with foreign countries.

Philippines is another country which didn't have PayPal either. Then all of a sudden - out of the blue - they opened PayPal there last year (sending only though). Philippines being as developed (or less) as many Eastern European countries.

Actually if you look at the country list for PayPal there are a lot of decent ones which have send only or no PayPal at all. Send only is useless for business by the way, and even if they will open PayPal for Eastern European countries it will be send only for at least a few years.

Lame.

Peke, Mar 17, 2007 IP
  17. sheriff26

sheriff26 Guest

Best Answers:
    hi. I'm too from romania.
    I need paypal because most of the time i see on ebay.com only payment method trough paypal.

maybe i can use other payment methods, but not to pay on ebay. :(

sheriff26, Mar 21, 2007 IP
  18. MatriXica

MatriXica Active Member

Best Answers:
    yea i`m from Romania too
    i contacted paypal support and they motivate that are a lot of frauds and the support cannot ask me for this question..
    it sucks ! we are in european union , we should be approved by paypal

MatriXica, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  19. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i sent them a mail and probably their pc's froze when they saw "romania" word in the email, bc/ i got an email back saying that my request couldn't be processed (lol)

as about paypal in ro: we won't see pp in romania for a very long time, although we entered EU: too many scammers, too many frauds/hijacks are commited by romanian users, and bc/ of they're incompetence the rest of the marketing public suffers

so the only alternative for ro merchants is moneybookers/2co/egold or to have a very good and trusted friend in a country where pp is available

slayer, Mar 28, 2007 IP
  20. hanz

hanz Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't worry, here is the email you would have gotten as a reply (just fill in the blanks)
    [edit] o... sorry. Romania is not even on the "send only" list, so you probably would have gotten a bit different email.

hanz, Mar 28, 2007 IP