1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Best way to secure your Wordpress blog from hackers

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by mike_sun, Aug 9, 2010.

Hi,
    DP Bloggers!
    I've been using WordPress from last one year. Frequently from last few months I've suffered a lot with the hackers and my all WordPress blogs those often disturbed with bad/malicious codes, I never knew where they came from. I've collected all the information and applied to all my hosted WordPress blogs and they're doing fine after applying below tricks.
    Those few common tips you must remember are given below.

1. .htaccess file-> You must use a secure .htaccess file, .htacess is code that is structured to use your files on server, i may provide to those who need. It should be carefully use over file permissions as well.

2. Username and Password: Maximum WordPress bloggers use username as: admin. Hackers knows it well, so in order to secure your WordPress blog, try avoiding it. If you've done it earlier and want to change now, then you can use cPanel and the automated WP supplier s/w to change the username.
    Password: You must use most uncommon password. The best password must be use as: Gavon@12# "The use of shift button prevents any unauthorized use of your WordPress blog."
    3. Update it with latest version: You must keep updating your WordPress blog at regular interval. WordPress always update their new version with some extra features and undoubtedly with more security versions. Updating can be done in dashboard, it needs simple clicks but better if you keep the WordPress backups either from the Tools or PHP Myadmin section.

There must be some additional secure ways but i may not expert or i cannot speak about all in a single thread. These above tips can help you like it did to me to secure my WordPress blog from any unauthorized use.
    Thank you for reading :)

mike_sun, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  2. KimiGermany

KimiGermany Peon

Best Answers:
    Useful tips, thanks for that ;) but you are also right, there are much more to do. Thanks anyways!

KimiGermany, Aug 9, 2010 IP
    mike_sun likes this.
  3. solot2r

solot2r Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hmm, have my fingers crossed but the one thing that worked for me was removing the "admin login" from the code in my blog theme, it never shows on the index or other pages of my blog and no one seems to have noticed. I think John Chow mentioned it a few years ago and it's the first thing I do with every new theme I use - remove the coding for admin on the index page.

solot2r, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  4. mike_sun

mike_sun Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very honestly, I never tried what you said. Thanks for sharing, though.

mike_sun, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  5. Aids

Aids Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow nice. My blog is to pro to get hacked though :p (joke)

Aids, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  6. dickieknee

dickieknee Active Member

Best Answers:
    remove the WP generator version information, the version tells hackers which version you have so they know what security flaws to exploit

dickieknee, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  7. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    Nice tips.

Best option is to update your wp with latest version all the time.

DON.

deluxdon, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  8. cyberlight

cyberlight Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing...Always good reminders..

cyberlight, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  9. anupviews

anupviews Member

Best Answers: