1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Major Google Serps Problem Found

Discussion in 'Google' started by anonymousman, Aug 5, 2010.

?

Do you think Johnston Press should be forced to change their links to nofollow?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. Not Sure

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
    Google guys are deniying there is a problem, but clearly there is:

Many of YOUR sites are being affected by this issue and its in your best interest to have a quick read of my chat with the guys at the Google forum below.

Major newspaper sites have been abusing their power by not using nofollow and Google punished the "Daily Express" www.malcolmcoles.co.uk/blog/google-nails-express

I have been trying to report the same issue and the forum mod is avoiding the issue and being rude.

www.google.com/support/forum/p/Webmasters/thread?tid=1500a042a1849fba&hl=en

We need your help expertise and and advice, many forum mods are very helful and then there are some bad apples.

Lets get this sorted and maybe we can all have a huge impact and apress release like the one from Matt above!

Your support is much appreciated.

anonymousman, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  2. Warner

Warner Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why is it necessary to do so? i think dofollow links are more valuable and useful for SEO, I think is will be better to leave them as they are.

Warner, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  3. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    Grimm, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  4. anonymousman

anonymousman Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Warner/Grimm
    Please remember these are not my sites, these are sites that I believe to be abusing the system. I would like them to be changed to nofollow. But the Google forum guy is just being childish and wont escalte the issue.

Please continue to post your thoughts on here its a very important matter for all of us. If the big guys get punished then all the smaller sites stand a chance of some great traffic.

anonymousman, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  5. Henny

Henny Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like sour grapes to me. G has by far the best algo and it will compensate for any mischief.

Henny, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  6. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    Are the paid links located on the left sidebar? I think they've already implemented nofollow attributes on it.

Grimm, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  7. anonymousman

anonymousman Peon

Best Answers:
    Just checked this site www.scarborougheveningnews.co.uk and thgey are clearly not doing nofollow for a company called vcars. go to the webpages and search for vcars you will see what I mean. They seem to be doing this for many sites not just thsi vcars thing.

Do you see this?

anonymousman, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  8. shredtone

shredtone Peon

Best Answers:
    Who are you the Google police? If you spent as much time on your own sites as you do whining about stuff like this maybe you would have better luck. I checked the Google forum post you made and see that you are not just complaining about paid links not using nofollow but you are also crying about websites cross linking to their own sites without nofollow! I'm willing to bet the whole reason you are having a fit over this is because one or some of these links are linking to a site that is competing with one of your own sites.

shredtone, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  9. anonymousman

anonymousman Peon

Best Answers:
    100% incorrect, actually there is a much bigger reason behind this and it has to do with bad business practices and poor service. If you actually did read the Google post you would have read that I have plenty of time on my hands. To be honest I made my money many years ago and have been a well know philanthropist since then and actively participate in helping people in poor nations. I would like to think you also help in your own way.

My goal is now to stop large business from bullying small business out of the market with poor inferior services. the way Google intended from the start. Your poor judgement is worrying and I am disturbed as to why so many others are willing to let this kind of behaviour continue by large media groups. Matt Cutts has already punished the Daily Express and I see no reason why the Jonhston Press should not follow the same way? Shredtone, you offered no comments in relation to the subject just a rant on bashing me, I would love to hear your comments against the links being changed?

anonymousman, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  10. Chalkywhite

Chalkywhite Peon

Best Answers:
    ahh a fellow sunderland lad....

Chalkywhite, Aug 9, 2010 IP