1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Lowering bids for keywords should not affect how often they appear, correct?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by calvinbti, Sep 26, 2006.

Lowering bids on keywords should not affect the rate they make impressions right? If anything it should be more often right? Well I have my campaign set on accelerated to show ads everytime, so that shouldn't really matter. However, since I lowered my bids on my keywords, it feels like I've gotten less impressions, although it could have just been a slow day yesterday. Any help appreciated.

calvinbti, Sep 26, 2006 IP
  2. narsticle

narsticle Peon

Best Answers:
    your ad could potentially be shown less if the bids are lowered because if its lowered to a point where it falls off page #1 you will lose impressions. Otherwise it should actually show more because as you fall back positions you will recieve a lower CTR resulting in more impressions and less clicks.

narsticle, Sep 26, 2006 IP
    Micromag likes this.
  3. Micromag

Micromag Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes very true,

Also when you decide to return the bid back to the normal value it will take a small period to return the previous impressions/click rate as you've hurt your Quality Score due to the low CTR history.

Micromag, Sep 26, 2006 IP
  4. calvinbti

calvinbti Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for the replies that does make sense if it falls off to the second page. In my situation, I am basically lowering the bid right now so that instead of being in 1st or 2nd, I am willing to drop to 3rd and 4th on the rank to see how things run. A few of my keywords are in the blue, and honestly I don't care for them to be in the blue, I think in many ways, to the right is better. Especially since I've been running adwords campaigns I've been looking at results from left and right simultaneously and in fact I often overlook the adwords in blue. I see organic left column, and adwords right column and completely forget about highlighted adwords on the left. Yeah, go figure...:p

I will compare impression rates, for this week to the higher bid previous week, and see what happens

calvinbti, Sep 26, 2006 IP
  5. narsticle

narsticle Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad to be of service :)

narsticle, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  6. kevingibbons

kevingibbons Guest

Best Answers:
    If your bids were quite a bit higher than the average CPC it shouldn't make much difference, but if you've reduced this below the average CPC you will probably see a decrease in clicks/impressions.

kevingibbons, Sep 28, 2006 IP