1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any unique marketing ideas?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by TKing25, Aug 7, 2010.

I have heard of a couple unique marketing ideas including Xbox Live usage, but I can't see that really being effective. What other unique ideas have you guys tried or heard?

TKing25, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  2. JoesMillion

JoesMillion Peon

Best Answers:
    The moon is still available.

JoesMillion, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  3. factchecker

factchecker Peon

Best Answers:
    Go into google and type "Unique marketing ideas". Make sure and use the " "

factchecker, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  4. khulet22

khulet22 Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I agree with you factchecker. Google will always have a lot of idea to give..

khulet22, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  5. wholesalechecklist

wholesalechecklist Peon

Best Answers:
    Create a viral youtube video, check out admob, direct mail in unique shapes, print up posters and place them strategically, facebook ads, radio commercials...

wholesalechecklist, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  6. createdevelop

createdevelop Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unique ideas? You mean, never been used before?

What about renting ladies of the night by the hour to walk around giving freebies and then handing out your card?
    Don't give anything away
    Don't use ideas that don't give an instant return.
    Do you know who your target market is?
    Do you know what you are trying to sell?

createdevelop, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  7. beanhead

beanhead Peon

Best Answers:
    Space trips to mars?

beanhead, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  8. Myongosi

Myongosi Peon

Best Answers:
    Many marketing ideas have become spams. When I was seeking a marketing ideas I was referred to online internet marketing.The internet marketing superclass offers a fantastic entry into internet marketing, one that many people often only dream about. This is the training that has offered me unique marketing ideas. You can also check out what they offer from this direct link http://www.theinternetmarketingsuperclass.com/superclasstraining. I hope this becomes unique to you.

Myongosi, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  9. marketingideas

marketingideas Peon

Best Answers:
    Try viral marketing. Whenever you write a post or design some type of marketing campaign, ask yourself "Will people tell their friends about this, link to this, retweet this, etc..." This could involve posting somewhat controversial content that will get a big discussion going, creating something funny or unique on Youtube, or putting a unique spin on a common method nobody has seen/done before.

I wouldn't focus on finding a new platform to deliver your message, but rather on delivering your message through existing channels in a really unique way.

marketingideas, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  10. slymarketing

slymarketing Active Member

Best Answers:
    One of the best marketing campaigns ever in my opinion was The Blair Witch Project, at the time I think it was unique.

Hale and Monello (the creators of the Blair Witch Project) made us question whether this film was "truth or myth". To create a buzz they used various Internet sites to feed the audience bits and pieces of the Blair Witch mythology. There were bits and pieces of information such as police reports, and lost pages from the missing student's diaries.

But today, I'm not sure, it seems that the only marketing that really works is delivering an awesome product and awesome service.

- Jens

slymarketing, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  11. MayaLocke

MayaLocke Peon

Best Answers:
    3-D sidewalk marketing is fairly out of the box and unique. I've also seen adverts on escalators that are pretty cool. Is this what you mean by unusual marketing.

MayaLocke, Aug 14, 2010 IP
  12. moneymindset

moneymindset Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, I think the easiest part of any marketing campaign is driving people to your website. The hard part is getting them to take action, I usually try to setup a website named something related to what your selling, I also try to stick with the free offers, because it's not only hard to get people to take action but even harder to get them to spend money. If your selling something I suggest trying to stick with products in the $5 - $30 range and if it goes wells you'll have a reputation for your site then you can try to sell a little more expensive items. After you have something set up you can find tons of places on the net to promote your site. Think of it as fishing, you set up the bait then throw the bait in the water and what bites, LOL. If one thing doesn't work then change it up.

moneymindset, Aug 14, 2010 IP
  13. wholesalechecklist

wholesalechecklist Peon

Best Answers:
    Unique marketing ideas are very important, but they are only good as a compliment to more traditional marketing strategies such as PPC, direct mail, cold-calling, social networking, etc.

As far as specific ideas, it would be impossible to give you a great unique marketing idea without knowing what you're marketing. A great unique marketing idea for a law firm will be completely different than a unique marketing idea for Under Armour.

wholesalechecklist, Aug 14, 2010 IP
  14. SeanAFK

SeanAFK Peon

Best Answers:
    moneymindset, that's some nice advice!

SeanAFK, Aug 14, 2010 IP
  15. moneymindset

moneymindset Peon

Best Answers:
    Forgot to mention it also takes patience. Like any business when you start it's going to be slow, as time goes on it will get better.

moneymindset, Aug 14, 2010 IP