1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Class-Action Lawsuit against CPALEAD

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by muschi, Aug 6, 2010.

anybody thinking of starting a class-action lawsuit against cpalead?

they currently randomly terminate accounts of big publishers.

first they terminated the account of a close friend of mine who in order killed himself due to the lost revenue.
    now today they also cancelled my account with quite a nice sum on it, although i was completely acting within their TOS.

anybody of the US-publisher thought of starting a class-action lawsuit?

i am here in europe and have not much chance, but if someone in the US would start this, i would join.

i am sure there are enough others who stayed within the TOS and got suspended.

muschi, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  2. jehnidiah

jehnidiah Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are generally four different characteristics that must be present for a class-action lawsuit (numerosity, commonality, typicality, adequacy). The issues with CPALead that you're speaking about would not fulfill the required characteristics and would, therefore, not be likely to be picked up by a lawyer, much less a judge.

The "problem" in this case is that each individual case of deletion/suspension/termination is very different, and therefore individual litigation makes more sense than a bundled "class." Also, the monetary value lost would be far too low for most anyone to go through the trouble of actually suing the company. </2c>

jehnidiah, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  3. CPALeadTroy

CPALeadTroy Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Also in every case where we banned someone we were enforcing our TOS. Nice try.

CPALeadTroy, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  4. TheStopNetworks

TheStopNetworks Peon

Best Answers:
    Somebody killed them-self because they was banned from a website? That's kind of iffy to me.

And also instead of going crazy thinking about a lawsuit that would end up costing you more than you earn, you should probably just contact CPALEAD and see why you were banned, and what you could do to fix this issue, they are not hard people to reason with.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
    TheStopNetworks, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  5. vipclub

vipclub Peon

Best Answers:
    really sorry to see things end up like this
    hope it can be solved asap.

vipclub, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  6. Toпyy

Toпyy Peon

Best Answers:
    Im in the UK and i got banned, didnt loose much i just cashed out for $3K and i had 2 people check my account "everything fine" So, im with you on taking them to court if we can get some US Representives.

Toпyy, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  7. bogartkick

bogartkick Notable Member

Best Answers:
    OMG! He killed himself for losing revenue on CPALead? Due to this post, I have doubts right now on using them. :(

bogartkick, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  8. BrainD

BrainD Peon

Best Answers:
    OMG i`ve been banned too!I received a message from cpalead : "if you feel we have wrongfully terminated your account, please contact and be sure to include your publisher ID" I did it and nothing happened no answer..nothing! This is an abuse and is so unprofessional !I`m 100% sure i didn`t made anything wrong . I saw guys that do the same things as i did and they were making a lot of money from this and they still have the accounts. I`ve been banned after i made 24$ in 1 day... i don`t give a shit about this 24$...but it`s not fair!

BrainD, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  9. bogartkick

bogartkick Notable Member

Best Answers:
    OMG! You as well? I think CPALead will only pay for the chosen ones, not for the innocent publishers who abide by the TOS. This is nuts man! But I'm still doubtful of joining CPALead as a mistake or not. We'll see about that if I can share on my own. :)

If that's the case of those publishers who were affected, it would be the premier of "CPALead vs. The World" and it would be the latest in Google Trends.

bogartkick, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  10. mubashirnisar

mubashirnisar Banned

Best Answers:
    well same here,i would suggest everyone to not use there network,very unprofessional guys,and always greedy,they always hit big guns of there publishers network,if you are under 200-500$ monthly earning,you are fine,and if you cross it,then they are going to ban you

mubashirnisar, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  11. Drifter51

Drifter51 Peon

Best Answers:
    Geez, This is getting ridiculous.

No one commits suicide because their account got banned. If they have committed suicide it's because of other deep emotions. Blaming CPALead makes you sound like an idiot and if you actually believe that crap you look like an even bigger idiot.

The Class Action law suit thing is also retarded. Class members often receive little or no benefit from class actions, So what would be the point? Also, what would you build your case on ? You broke the rules, and got punished. Live with it.

Grow up people. Seriously.

Drifter51, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  12. almondj

almondj Peon

Best Answers:
    OMG, I got banned too!!!!

I had a website that had the new harry potter trailer and I posted that if you completed a survey, you would gain access to the whole movie! However, I didn't state when xD. So if the user comes back in a few months, I might have the movie.

I also had a craigslist campaign too. What I'd do is offer a free ipod or something, but I'd make it so that they would have to fill out a form in order to be eligible. I made pretty good money off of it, and then I'd buy the ipod with that money.

j/k, I didn't do any of the above. If people blatantly know that they are breaking the ToS, or using blackhat methods to gain money, then FUCK YOU. I'm not a CPALead fan boy, but my god, I knew people were retarded, but not this fucking retarded.

almondj, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  13. CPALeadTroy

Best Answers:
    I am sorry I didn't entertain this thread a little more, I thought DP would be smart enough to ignore it given it's context, apparently not.

Look up Muschi's account and view his previous posts. You will see that this account posted a bunch of short, meaningless, messages to pad it's post count before it started bashing us. This is an account created by a competitor, and we are working with our attorney's on a libel and defamation case to stop them from creating accounts like this to spread rumors.

If you guys believe this story, then you're likely to believe anything. Anyone that has been banned due to our TOS, has the option of contesting their ban with us. Please PM me if you seriously have been banned. I have been making this offer all week, and I haven't heard ONCE from any of you guys who believed this story and further added fuel to this fire.

Keep Digital Point fair, and do not entertain threads like this. Just report them.

CPALeadTroy, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  14. x.marty.x

x.marty.x Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I got terminated, too.

Why tell us to PM you to contest our ban if you're not going to bother to reply to us, Troy?

My advice to everyone with CPAlead is to jump ship right now. Even if your account hasn't been terminated yet, look around you, don't be foolish enough to think you're a special case, because you're not. Unless, of course, you're a big facebook SPAM artist and then you'll be a hero over at CPAlead.

Rather than thinking about legal action against CPAlead, maybe we should all work together to collect all of their advertiser contacts and then we can all chime together and make sure they see what's really going on. If we make enough noise, they won't want to be involved with this network any longer, especially if there's threads like this about them all over various webmaster forums. I'm sure we could also use the reach of our websites and social networks together in some effective ways, too.

PM me if you're interested in doing something like this.

x.marty.x, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  15. CPALeadTroy

Best Answers:
    Marty,

Here is the reason why you were banned as stated by John in our Security team:

http://desiredmovies.com/watch/the-twilight-saga-eclipse/ goes to: http://www.moviefreaker.com/ and displays "Movie has been removed for Copyright Infringement. User would not see this until after survey is complete.

When a user completes a survey to see a video, and then they receive a notice that this movie has been removed, that is considered fake content and is an actionable offense.

It doesn't matter if you claim if the link to your video broke, it's your job to watch over the content to ensure it's available to the end-user, not us.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
    CPALeadTroy, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  16. elkhra

elkhra Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    someone killed himself just he lost cpa account? that sound crazy

close accounts is normal thing happen in any cpa

just try open another one

about lawsuit cpa network that impossible i think to sue cpa network for some bucks you will lose thousands for nothing

dont try to sue someone in virtual world (internet) you just run for fogs

elkhra, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  17. H3x

H3x Active Member

Best Answers:
    read the TOS next time and maybe you wont get banned?

H3x, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  18. PdrsRob

PdrsRob Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    sounds like a pretty good reason for a ban to me, but there also seems to be a lot of controversy surrounding this company...

PdrsRob, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  19. TheStopNetworks

TheStopNetworks Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally never had a problem with CPALEAD. I only stopped using them because the payouts on tv sites was highly reduced, which took away profit.

However, I can speak from experience that many competitors see fit to create accounts on popular forums just to bash a competitor, it's sadly a common practice.

If you was banned from CPALEAD, then contact Troy, he is right here, he will tell you why you are banned. If you can't take enough time out of your day to make sure your website, and its contents are up to date, and working then, sorry but you don't deserve to make money off a website period.

You have to remember, people I'm sure HATE doing a survey to just see something, imagine doing a survey to get NOTHING? I would be pissed, and never return to a site like that again.

CPALEAD is actually doing YOU a favor by banning you because your content is GONE, it gives you even more reason to put it back up.

Instead of bashing them, THANK THEM.

Btw this was in no way directed towards you, Rob. I was just making a point.

TheStopNetworks, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  20. vahing

vahing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am still happy with CPALead, but one shouldn't put all eggs in one basket. Killing oneself for being banned is hard to believe, really.

vahing, Aug 7, 2010 IP