1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does A Blog Help You Out?

Discussion in 'Google' started by JStraw003, Aug 5, 2010.

Hello All!!

Being somewhat of a newbee. I am to the point where I need to start thinking about Blogs.

First of all does having a Blog help you out with Google

Second do I have to start my own blog or can I use someone else in my niche?

Charlie (other003)

JStraw003, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  2. TheStopNetworks

TheStopNetworks Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi - Search Engines love blogs, so yes they do.

You ideally would want to start your own blog. But you can use free blogs to begin with, but it is not recommended.

TheStopNetworks, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  3. smsinhindi

smsinhindi Peon

Best Answers:
    Blogging is a great way to make your online presense.. I am using blogger and also earning money..

smsinhindi, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  4. saritaets

saritaets Peon

Best Answers:
    yes blog helps out.its give back links

saritaets, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  5. nabil_kadimi

nabil_kadimi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your question is kinda vague! What are your goals ?

nabil_kadimi, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  6. mypctechs

mypctechs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A blog can help you in 2 different ways. A blog hosted on your own domain will cause Google to view your website as one with fresh content, and as a result you'll get better placement. A blog located away from your domain with a link to your main website will provide backlinks, if done correctly. Either way you win. :)

mypctechs, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  7. Info Prodigy

Info Prodigy Peon

Best Answers:
    When blogging... do some quick searches to find out the "hot" things of the day. Blog about those... you're likely to be found on the search engines. One of my highest hitting posts was written about a year ago (or more) and was written about some controversial things. Best blog post I ever made.

Info Prodigy, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  8. vannarith

vannarith Active Member

Best Answers:
    do u mean use blog to help direct the search engine to ur main site? Yes, you can do it and give a good backlink to ur main site .anyway, blog could get some traffic but it caant get compare with the professional .com site.

vannarith, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  9. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it does, once you get enough traffic you can start making the monies.

Justin_Dupre, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  10. yugam

yugam Active Member

Best Answers:
    Today Blog plays an important role. I would suggest you to purchase your own blog and start posting and pormotion or your blog. Once your blog good in search engine you an go for Google Adsense and starting earning

yugam, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  11. asefati

asefati Member

Best Answers:
    Google constantly advises you to think user and I think if you think users will like your blog, visit and read it often, then chances are they will link to it and that would help you with SEO. But there are sometimes where blogs hurt you. For example, I used to work for freecreditreport.com where where we added a blog to increase organic traffic but it turned out that it was somehow hurting the conversion rate because it turned out that people were more reading than buying.

Also you want to look at ROI. You must write quality content for your bogs and if you are limited in resources and that is going to take you away from doing other more important stuff then a blog may not be such a good idea yet.

asefati, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  12. contentempire

contentempire Guest

Best Answers:
    a good way to make some money blogging is to write about what a lot of people are searching that day. for example, if Jersey Shore premiers or something just write up a review or whatever you thought of the show and make it keyword dense. If you SEO your blog you can start getting traffic right away.

contentempire, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  13. Gene Mays

Gene Mays Peon

Best Answers:
    Blogging can certainly help with SEO but make sure you are willing to commit the time to updating your blog. Current information is important if you want to be recognized by the search engines. It helps to pick a niche that interest you so you can blog about something you know about or want to learn more about.

Gene Mays, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  14. b10

b10 Peon

Best Answers:
    search engine likes blog so you can start with this and yea you can use your own blog and you can use another members blog

b10, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  15. AlanDave

AlanDave Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of the webmasters earn money through their blog, apply adsense, sell ad spaces; lots of option there but stick with your goal...

AlanDave, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  16. tunick5896

tunick5896 Peon

Best Answers:
    nowdays. blog is our part in live. we can profit. we can show off our thoughts or information!

tunick5896, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  17. Mikesloug

Mikesloug Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes,I know that site blog is very important because many community join your blog and know your website business and products who your site provided.

Mikesloug, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  18. ashutoshkj

ashutoshkj Guest

Best Answers:
    Blog really helps to get traffic from the search engine as it ping them whenever blog is updated. So decide ur niche and start writing the post. write regularly and do some SEO for ur blog. automatically search engine will send traffic to ur website.

If u need any help contact me.

ashutoshkj, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  19. AnnM

AnnM Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for drawing my attention to this point. I am also considering starting a blog on my own website to get it better rankings. Its an important SEO tool and if it works can bring you real traffic. Overall I do agree that blogs greatly help with rankings as Google loves fresh content. But we have to keep in mind that the posts must be original and quality posts offering some real information. And yeah even I feel that to constantly update my blog it might take my time away from other important stuff. For this I recommend hiring a freelance writer who can do it for you.

AnnM, Aug 13, 2010 IP
  20. pjackson

pjackson Peon

Best Answers:
    Having a blog definably can add more traffic, my favourite free ones are wordpress and google blogger (make sure they visible to the SE's), list it with all the top blogger directories (SE friendly ones) add content at least three times a week and away you go!

pjackson, Aug 13, 2010 IP