1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Verification code

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by fancymouj, Aug 6, 2010.

Hi ,

I want to verify a blog on google through meta code ..

installed wordpress so want to know where i can place meta code ?

I read their instruction : place meta code before <body> section and after <head> section.

but don't the where i can put this code ..Can anyone help me ? because i m in this field .. and learning .

LG1

fancymouj, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  2. KimiGermany

KimiGermany Peon

Best Answers:
    You usually go to admin page, and then appearance and then editor, header.php. Paste the code before </head>.

KimiGermany, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  3. teamnirvana

teamnirvana Active Member

Best Answers:
    Install 'All In One Seo' plugin and use it to add meta information to the blog rather than directly editing the source files so that you can avoid mistakes.

teamnirvana, Aug 6, 2010 IP
    psharma likes this.
  4. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, good point, but even editing the header .php file is not so tough and risky.
    Go to your dashboard and then go to appearance editor. select header.php and in that code paste your tag just below the <head> tag. it is that easy.
    But yes, All in one SEO plugin may be very useful if you are not already using any other SEO plugin.

psharma, Aug 6, 2010 IP