1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can we use the same URL to resubmit after get rejected by DMOZ?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by alvin1972, Aug 4, 2010.

Anyone here is using the same URL to apply back DMOZ listing? In fact, are we allow to do that? Any idea? Please help if you know the answer. Thanks

alvin1972, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  2. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What makes you think your website has been declined?

The only reason why a website would be declined is that it's unlistable. That being the case, it's just a waste of everybody's time to re-suggest it under any URL unless significant changes have been made. If the business model was the problem, that can't usually be altered anyway.

Lastly, we treat spammers the same way that you treat spammers.

jimnoble, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  3. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Did you look at the sites in their signature? .... of course they would have been or will be declined if that is what they are asking about!

Agent000, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  4. jimnoble

Best Answers:
    No, because I avoid making site specific comments here :). Faint hope I know, but I'm trying to inculcate some general understanding here together with a self-help attitude.

jimnoble, Aug 5, 2010 IP
    wrmineo likes this.
  5. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I assume editors are probably bound by something that non-editors are when it comes to certain public comments.

How about we invent a new law or theorem:
    The amount of ranting, the number of times a site is submitted, the number of times they say 'DMOZ sucks', the belief the category editor is a competitor, and the number of sneaky tricks the webmasters use is inversely proportional to how listable their site is.

Agent000, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  6. jimnoble

Best Answers:
    Ain't that the truth :).

jimnoble, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  7. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There was a good sticky by a mod on here about starting threads asking why my site was not listed but it got removed so we keep getting the same old rubbish.

Anonymously, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  8. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Half the rubbish is from editors misleading the public as well... so ya gotta keep that in mind.

Try leading by example!

You say that duplicate content will get your site rejected, yet there is a site with nearly 20K listings of syndicated material. ~ Double standard

You say to only submit ONCE yet there is that same site... ~ Double standard

You say not to submit deep links, and again that same site ... ~ Double Standard

You say there is not corruption, yet that site with the 20k deep links of syndicated content is an affiliated site with an editor ~ Double standard!!!

You say the ODP is NOT a service, yet the add page says it is ~ Double Standard

You say the suggestion pool is not a queue, yet the guidelines refer to it as such several times! ~ Double standard.

So yes... its all on the webmaster *rolls eyes*

Now you are saying that people that rant have sites that are not listable, yet many of the people that complain HAVE sites listed! ~ Double Standard

Qryztufre, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  9. aupokies

aupokies Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest you submit the URL after one year.There are a lot of webmaster who submits sites to DMOZ and editors are limited.If you send it again after a month, then it will make your queue longer.

aupokies, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  10. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    And after a year it will overprint the date stamp making it look like a new suggestion, so an editor clearing up old suggestions will see it as a new one and ignore it. There is no need to re-suggest a site we have not lost it and re-submitting will achieve nothing and may, as I have pointed out damage its chances. Butas Jim says on another thread, you can if you wish take the advice of someone who has not bothered to read much of what has been said in a sticky and by actual editors one her. Your choice.

Anonymously, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  11. Qryztufre

Best Answers:

What are you talking about? According to the rest of your posts it's NOT a queue, so that is a rather invalid point according to yourself isn't it?

Qryztufre, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  12. EngineerofSuccess

EngineerofSuccess Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't submitted DrewryNewsNetwork to DMOZ yet, but we'll see after submission...

EngineerofSuccess, Aug 17, 2010 IP
    Qryztufre likes this.
  13. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    Where did I say it was a Q? I said that sometimes editors will clear up older submissions, sometimes not, sometimes just look for suggestions who have read guidelinesp, BUT IF THEY ARE WORKING TO CLEAR OLD SUBMISSIONS IT WILL GET MISSED.

Anonymously, Aug 22, 2010 IP
  14. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    OK, it's QUEUE, not Q, as there is a HUGE difference between the two. As for whether or not you said it was or was not a QUEUE all depends on which posts one wants to quote,as you are one of the editors that used to call it a QUEUE till makrhod changed her mind on the meaning of such a word.

So, do you want me to point out where you said it was a queue, or where you pointed out that it's not one?

As for your post I quoted earlier, the discussion of date stamps is rather moot is it not... unless the date actually matters? Which it does not... unless it's a queue.

Qryztufre, Aug 22, 2010 IP
  15. Anonymously

Best Answers:
    I'll say it again, some editors clear out the older sites in the pool, some don't and if the re-submission hits an editor who is clearing out older submissions, then it will be overlooked. Some treat it one way others another, so if its a q its a q to some and not others. I just tell it the way it is so that people who do re-submit do it realising how the system works. Not about moot points its enabling site owners to have some knowledge rather than just saying don't do this or that. They can make their own mind up, and your stirring does not make that any easier for them. Stop trolling a section that you are simply annoyed with and upset because DMOZ have not replied to your obvious great desire to become an editor again.

Anonymously, Aug 22, 2010 IP
  16. Qryztufre

Best Answers:

How can I be trolling when I'm just saying what you've said in the past. You most certainly were part of the QUEUE arguments, and remember,its not a Q, it's never been a Q, and by definition, it can NEVER be a Q... but it can be a QUEUE, which is something *I* have maintained all along... so tell me how it is that *I* am trolling when *I* am one of the few people here that has maintained the same phrasing all along? Nice way of twisting things there Anon...

As for them not getting back with me, how do you know that? Did someone tell you? A lot of time has gone past since I've mentioned it...maybe they have? Then again, why on earth are you bringing up personal matters about ME in an ODP thread? Heh, and you are the one calling troll *rolls eyes* Yeah, lets make yet another thread about me. Seems to be your favorite subject.

I have an editors profile, so if I claim to be an editor, at least I can back it up :p Can you say the same? You seem to know all about my application status... someone must be breaking the confidenitality guidelines!

Qryztufre, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  17. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sheesh, talk about complicating the trivial.:p

Regardless of what you call it...
    If you resubmit... it goes to the bottom of the page. Decide if you think that's a good thing, act accordingly.

robjones, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  18. Qryztufre

Best Answers:
    Indeed! hence forth it shall no longer be called the Queue or Suggestion Pool... but "submission that gets put at the bottom"!!! Thanks for clearing up the terminology!

Qryztufre, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  19. robjones

robjones Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's a gift. Blessed be the peacemeakers, etc... :p

robjones, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  20. snooks

snooks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WOW, you solved that easy :) Im gonna call you next time my Ole Lady's giving me a hard time, you can sort her out too :)

snooks, Aug 24, 2010 IP