1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Wave goes bye bye

Discussion in 'Google' started by banana8, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Hersheys

Hersheys Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing the news. When google wave was first announce I'm so excited to have invites but when I already got the account in Google Wave it doesn't get my interest to use it as communication tools since it keeps my pc hang and also I think I can communicate well on yahoo messenger and emails.

Hersheys, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  2. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for distribute google waves news

newlogo, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  3. invisibler

invisibler Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer buzz, but it is too simple :D Facebook is still the best..

invisibler, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  4. buzinessware

buzinessware Peon

Best Answers:
    Good for sharing the info.

buzinessware, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  5. monsia

monsia Peon

Best Answers:
    From the beginning both buzz and wave was not attracting. Buzz revealed personal contacts to others and some more..

Expected thing...

monsia, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  6. extremephp

extremephp Peon

Best Answers:
    I never cared For Google Buzz! Thanks It Went Away!

The thing is, Google is fighting up against Facebook and Implement things without proper Buissness plan!!

New News is that, they are starting new social network!! :D Well, lets see!!

The News is All Over! Google it and it would Give you detailed! Still, FaceBook is prepared for it says the Chairman!

~Exp~

extremephp, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  7. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This is a rarely time I see Google failed with their own projects. If I remember correctly, their Google Answer and some other projects were not success as well. Sometime Google is trying to monopoly in other market they do not have enough experiences. Their step is like Yahoo a while ago. :) I just hope if they would wake up and not being bashed like Yahoo was anyway.

Sxperm, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  8. monosodium

monosodium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If it's hard for Google to get a new project off the ground, think what it must be like for the rest of us.

But surpising how they're killing it off. It doesn't cost anything to run, unlike YouTube. Couldn't Google afford the cost of one or two dedicated servers? Plus one entry-level employee to do tech support.

I wish they would have sold it, I'd have bought it.

monosodium, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  9. janok

janok Peon

Best Answers:
    google could not succeed in everywhere.

janok, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  10. aproxaday

aproxaday Member

Best Answers:
    All these programs that try and recreate communicating with each other are amazing. No doubt denying it. However, no matter how much time and effort was spent creating it, it can not be successful without millions of users. FaceBook is probably not the best communication tool out there, but it is the one with the most users (apart from traditional email). This allows it to keep people connected. Google Wave had a lot of awesome tools, but can't take control if it doesn't have many users.

aproxaday, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  11. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    googlewave isn't succesfull anyway.
    they'd better just be a search engine and those services they currently provide.

etc, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  12. janok

janok Peon

Best Answers:
    obviously, google want more :)

janok, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  13. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    Mass social networking in the general sense will die. FB is facing constant criticism for security and privacy issues, it's just far too dangerous to have so much information controlled by one group and able to be abused by some clever hackers.
    People don't consider the future security of such systems and no one is willing to talk about the potential abuse of a massive database like this in the wrong (governmental) hands!

Niche social networking is the future, with a master log in.
    It meets the needs of the users, without the risks of such massive abuse of personal information.

Conran, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  14. FlightCenter

FlightCenter Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sure this master login would hold the data for the other networks so you run into the same problem(s). I thought / think Google Wave is a great idea...why comment on something in 564 different locations when you can just simply comment within the wave and everyone is there, vs splitting up userbases...then again it's a monetization game and you want others on your website vs another, so the wave isn't advantageous to most webmasters.

FlightCenter, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  15. Conran

Conran Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, really this is two different things and yet the benefit for the user is clear.
    With a master log in, the only data there is held in one central location is user name and password. This wouldn't really allow the same abuse of information and security issues because whoever gets hold of that still has to find your information from all other social networks. The information is scattered over a considerably wider area and hosted in different countries with different levels of access and security.
    With FB, you have the personal details of millions of people all in one place. It's on one system, and includes name, age, gender, family details, work details, friends, location, contact info, age, gender, sexuality, political opinion, what you ate last night and where you go every Tuesday...

I often bring up the same argument when I discuss the control of user data this with others. The same applies with government databases. And it was one of the reasons the national ID card idea failed in the UK. Yes, you might think it's unrealistic or over the top, but it has happened before and we should learn from history (Britain was VERY CLOSE to being invaded and controlled by Hitler):
    WW3 breaks out and your country is taken over by a fascist dictatorship.
    Instead of relying on snitches like the Nazis did to hunt down Jews, Gay people and intelligent critical thinkers or opposition, any new controlling regime would just need to look on a database to gather every little piece of information about you.

The very idea of so much information being held in one central location gives me severe reservations.
    We seem to live in a world where we don't believe something like WW2 could ever happen again, and we're stupid for believing that. History repeats itself everywhere else, we're just lucky it hasn't hit the western world yet.

Even if you don't believe that your country could ever be taken control of by another nasty regime, just look at how each country has abused anti-terror laws, how they now treat peaceful opposition protests. Just look at the G20 response. The Democratic convention. The demonizing of militia.
    Even if you don't fear the likelihood of invasion and occupation, there's plenty to be cautious of already.

That is why central systems like FB, national ID and other government databases are so dangerous and why we should be extremely careful about what information we make available to our own governments and whoever might one day gain control of that information. Some nations already control all of this. Take a look at China and their use of FB, Google and Twitter to track down opposition. And they don't even control the data!

And that is why I think niche social networking is the way of the future.
    FB is already experiencing the backlash as people realize just how risky it is.
    I fully expect there to be an incident whereby such information is taken and abused by a government with disastrous results, which will eventually mark the end of globalized Social Networking.

I feel I should add that I am a Security professional with 15 years of experience. My current full-time role requires me to maintain security and control for access to several billion £ in assets for thousands of companies.

Conran, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  16. neodan

neodan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Twitter is way to popular and it will be a couple of years before anybody can think about taking some of its audience

neodan, Aug 6, 2010 IP