1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to write killer sales copy?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by sanakhan, Aug 4, 2010.

Hi,
    I want to create a killer sale copy on a weight loss product. Is there anyone who can give me some pieces of advice on " How to write a perfect, informative, and profitable sale copy". I have seen some sales copy generator online, but I don't think they will work out for me. So, I really need help.
    Thank you

sanakhan, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  2. Aids

Aids Peon

Best Answers:
    Use trios (mention stuff three times).
    Have the buy button several times on the page (or email opt-in).
    Have video proof. Short and sweet.
    This makes a wonderful sales copy.

CB Wealthformula was selling 1 in 7. That is insanse. Check out that product

Aids, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  3. sanakhan

sanakhan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am also an affiliate of CB. I am new though, need real ideas to run my business in profit. I personally know a guy who is selling products using sales copies, but his sales copies are really different; he uses stories for selling products. Choosing the right product is difficult itself, but promoting any product is harder than it. isn't it?

sanakhan, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  4. Aids

Aids Peon

Best Answers:
    Choosing a product is the most important stage. A niche with no potential buyers is not a good one. if his sales copies are doing well - cramp his style. I know it seems lame but who cares! Higher conversions - More money!

Aids, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  5. sanakhan

Best Answers:
    Yes. I still think I need to learn a lot. I need more good ideas, do you know any useful guide for starters.

sanakhan, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  6. Aids

Aids Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope. No guide will teach you. Trust me i've read it all. The best way to learn is to copy pros. Then add your own methods and twist them and alter them until they're successful.

Aids, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  7. sanakhan

Best Answers:
    All right, The conventional way of promoting any CB is blogging or through product website. Getting traffic is very important I know, I'm not familiar with the best way to make all these things easier for me. What's the best?

sanakhan, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  8. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Since I do this for a living, and time is money, I can only give you a few tips.

1. Do NOT copy off of those typical cheap-looking template-looking sites with the big red text on top and loud text all over the page.

Many so-called copywriters here and over at the WF do that crap.

2. Look at the sites of major weight-loss companies for ideas. Some have pretty good sites.

3. If you can, put the ordering page right there on the same sales page.

You want to hit them at the heat of the moment.

4. Take a look at this copywriter's ( a REAL copywriter) money-back-guarantee pitch. http://www.getclientsreport.com/

5. Here's a nice ad that may give you ideas for your pitch page http://thelist.fm/ads1.htm

Look at such ads to help you get creative for your pitch page.

6. Do NOT have the typical loooooooong-ass sales page!

7. Do NOT use the typical, "AMAZING!!" sales words.

#6 and 7 are more things these um, "copywriters" get wrong.

Good luck with it.

Perry Rose, Aug 4, 2010 IP
    WebBuddy and j3rr3my8 like this.
  9. lutherdclooney

lutherdclooney Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many ways to write really good but generally you write the very best if you follow this simple formula:
    1) Read 1 articel about your product as well as 1 articel about weightloss in general (problems people have losing weight)
    2) Close down the articels completely and make a cup of coffee
    3) go to your computer and thenb write for 10 minutes as fast as you can about all the benfits of your product and all teh problems losing weight - and keep the writing style informal like writing a letter to a good friend.

That's it :)

You will be amazed at how well you write - and how fast you did it too

lutherdclooney, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  10. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why weight loss? I'm asking because it might be easier for you if your first product is something you have a passion for. If that's weight loss, than shoot for the moon. If it's not, it might be easier for a novice writer to sell something they truly believe in, even if the commission is lower. Weight loss is a really tough game as far as SEO and getting traffic. Others may disagree with my suggestion but it might be better for you to pick a less competitive and hopefully more personal niche - at least for your first attempt.

Consider too, that the fellow you mentioned doing so well has most likely rewritten his sales letter dozens of times before arriving at the one you so admire. Make it the best you can but don't necessarily cast it in stone, never to be modified again.

Perry's advice is spot on. The only additional suggestion I have is to perhaps develop a blog with articles about weight loss with small bits of the info product you hope to push here and there.

YMC, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  11. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great info Perry and I couldn't agree more about the long sales pages and the templates sites. They are both a big put-off for me. The getclientsreport copy that you have recommended reading is really clean and not an eye-sore like most copies we come across. Goes to demarcate the real copywriters from the phonies. Green added.

WebBuddy, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  12. HowardJackson

HowardJackson Peon

Best Answers:
    Writing a killer sales copy is more about the selling then the actual writing.

What does that mean?

Simple. Just write whatever you need to sell the damn product. You start from the AIDA formula (Attention, Interest, Desire, Action) and develop on that.

You'll capture attention through the headline and the deck.
    You'll get him interested through the first paragraphs and the conversion tory.
    You'll make him want the product through showing benefits, bullets and answering objections.
    And you'll close the deal through your call to action, no matter if it's calling an 800 number or clicking the order now link.

Let's tear apart your sales letter. PM or post it here and I'll give a comprehensive critique on it.
    Then, you'll learn from your own mistakes.

Take care,
    Howard J.

HowardJackson, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  13. j3rr3my8

j3rr3my8 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed. Nice to see someone pushing a non spammy approach!

j3rr3my8, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  14. hussamimtiaz

hussamimtiaz Peon

Best Answers:
    Try creating tittles with call to action statements, and use of a ? in the tittle of the heading as this attracts the user attention. Remember content is the king so emphasize on it and try producing quality not quantity. Hope that would help..........

hussamimtiaz, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  15. sanakhan

Best Answers:
    I chose weight loss because it has good gravity and rank; you know i spent 3 hours in choosing the best CB product. Do you think that there is any better niche than what I have already chosen, if yes , you can suggest me.

sanakhan, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  16. sanakhan

Best Answers:
    I know that in order to grap the attentions of readers, I'll have to write focus on quality, this is not issue at all, My problem is that I want good tips to start with all this. I am new to CB and having a hard time in taking a step ahead, I have to do a lot of work but I don't know where to start off.
    1. I need to develop a personal blog or website for promoting the products.
    2. I need to choose the right product.
    3. I need to write quality articles or promotional content for the promotion of products.
    4. I need to earn good traffic to my blog.
    5. I am not a SEO, so the question is that " how to earn targeted traffic", I have some great ideas and know that they will work but I am not sure they gonna do any good to my blog in long term.

sanakhan, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  17. sanakhan

Best Answers:
    I will write one soon and sent it to you. Thank you

sanakhan, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  18. sanakhan

Best Answers:
    yes I agree with you, I had a close look at all sales-page generators, and pre-made templates available on the internet, but I was not satisfied at all. I have checked the link you gave me, what the common in all sales pages is ' story', m i right? The harder you work on your stories, the better conversions will be.
    If we have to promote more than products at the same time, don't you think that writing sales page for each can be time consuming ,is there any shortcut?

sanakhan, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  19. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing at all wrong with that niche just that it is super competitive. My suggestion stemmed from concern that you would put your heart and soul into this project and might get less than you hoped for results because the topic SEO-wise is so challenging.

YMC, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  20. sanakhan

Best Answers:
    I will put my back into it; I know it's very challenging, and I'll be having thousands of competitors pulling their fingers on the same niche. But i think there's a solution in form of spy keywords:) I can have a glimpse at what keywords related to this subject are rolling as of now. What do you think?

sanakhan, Aug 5, 2010 IP