1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Blog comment still working?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by teohcl, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Tom_Lee

Tom_Lee Peon

Best Answers:
    dofollow blogs are important.

Tom_Lee, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  2. kyhell

kyhell Member

Best Answers:
    i have never had much luck with blog commenting. I use to use them all the time for backlinks and even those results suck

kyhell, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  3. Myongosi

Myongosi Peon

Best Answers:
    All you need to do is giving a relevant comment to recent blogs. This works effectively.

Myongosi, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  4. tazmart

tazmart Peon

Best Answers:
    Many of the comments I get on my blog make me wonder if anyone actually reads it, because they just don't match the content. I don't do blogging much, but it seems to me that visitors just come on to spam or push their sites without reading a thing on there (not that there's much on mine at the moment).

Must do something about that :)

tazmart, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  5. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeh, it works. just:
    - laser target your niche (pick a popular & targeted blog)
    - keep on commenting (remember to get first every now and then ;)
    - post something useful (aka no spammy stuff)

Game Producer, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  6. kris1911

kris1911 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Of course, blog comments works and will always work. However, spamming the blogs is very bad thing and it only causes problems in the whole webmasters/internet. The result will be webmasters will make their blog no-follow or won't allow links.

These days there are very few good standing dofollow blogs. I would suggest to use blogs that are moderated to get maximum benefit.

kris1911, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  7. mcampbell075

mcampbell075 Peon

Best Answers:
    In my observation, its still works! Especially in a blog/website that has e a high PR and related to your niche.

mcampbell075, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  8. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sure it works. I do it all of the time and it really helps a lot with traffic and SERPS.

Laceygirl, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  9. revcook

revcook Peon

Best Answers:
    it works. just don't spam!

revcook, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  10. kenwrites

kenwrites Peon

Best Answers:
    As has been said over and over here, yes indeed blog commenting still works. But as with any marketing avenue you must do it with purpose and with responsibility. First, find blogs and forums within your niche to participate in that have some PR value and are do-follows. Secondly, be a regular contributor not just posting 10-20 comments one day and gone the next. Third, give value to your comments. Offer great advice or a different perspective. Fourth, don't advertise your business or site at all. Let your signature do all the advertising. Honestly people are more apt to check out your sight if they view you as honest and sincere in your comments. Do these things and you will see traffic increase and in turn your revenue will increase.

kenwrites, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  11. bdove23

bdove23 Member

Best Answers:
    blog commetting works, u have to be patient, and find page 1-10 pr blogs to comment on.

bdove23, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  12. boyblogger

boyblogger Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't give-up. It will not be that fast to earn traffic. You have to buildup your rapport with other blogs . Make sure you are on the same niche when deliver your comment.

boyblogger, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  13. Ausdrez

Ausdrez Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, I have to disagree with the above posts. In my view, blog commenting days are gone - especially for SEO or Traffic generation. Most of the blogs have now adopted "huh? You have a link in your comment? you must be a spammer." No matter how relevant or genuine comments you have done, they are only good as long as you don't have any link withing. Else, they gonna find their way into the trash. (And this practice has increased significantly recently).

However, Maxmoney is right on money. You can have a guest post, which will not only give you backlinks/seo benefit, but will also drive you direct traffic and more important, reputation.

Ausdrez, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  14. symx

symx Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree it still works. It might not give you a traffic spike but it can give you constant traffic for a lot of time. And you don't even have to find dofollow blogs. Of course commenting on those is good too but If you comment on such a blog and another 50-100 commented on the same post the rank value you're going to get on your link is really low.
    Try to be the first to comment on a post that will give you the most traffic but of course avoid commenting just for the sake of doing it. Only post valuable comments

symx, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  15. tbtoyl

tbtoyl Active Member

Best Answers:
    Blog commenting works a lot. Untargeted blogs give you more backlinks, targeted blogs (same niche as yours) give you good rankings on search engines.

tbtoyl, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  16. regska

regska Peon

Best Answers:
    Blog commenting is actually one of the most effective list building method for me, on top of article marketing, guest blogging, and forum posting. Just do those 4 free methods consistently, and on a daily basis, you'll generate a steady flow of traffic and a number of subscribers everyday.

Just make sure to provide valuable comment, and interact with other readers as well. Don't spam! I regularly comment on 20-30 blogs per day and it's really giving me nice results.

Super LOL on this!!!

regska, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  17. coolfriend

coolfriend Peon

Best Answers:
    I had the same doubt - I was on the search for .edu and .gov links - and my seo consultant (He is great) told me to do blog commenting on .edu and .gov blogs - and see the result now

The new stats show me a raise of .edu backlinks from ZERO to 44. So blog commenting does work , friend.

coolfriend, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  18. TheRazor5

TheRazor5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Blog commenting never stoped working traffic wise for me or my students and seo wise it still has power however its dying out slowly.

TheRazor5, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  19. Moh. Jaber

Moh. Jaber Peon

Best Answers:
    Yaeh , it works. Just make sure that links are dofollow with good PR .

Moh. Jaber, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  20. Riversway

Riversway Peon

Best Answers:
    Blog on the right topic sites might bring you traffic and all adds power to your own site.

Riversway, Aug 6, 2010 IP