1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Multiple sites question

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Insomniac487, Aug 3, 2010.

There's a saying : "don't put all your eggs in one basket". In terms of google adsense, what exactly does this mean?

a - Use one hosting site for 5 websites. If one of those websites fail, all 5 have to pay the consequences and are banned?
    b - or does the quote mean, have several different hosting accounts (bluehost, godaddy, hostgator, etc) with multiple sites in each one. that way, if one hosting sites' get banned. you still have other sites to fall back on
    c - or does it not matter? One hosting site with 50 sites is okay with google, and if one gets banned the others survive?

How does it all work out? just a little confused. Just basically asking, how does one stay on the Safe-Side when it comes to owning multiple sites. Hopefully somebody can clear it up. Thanks and have a nice day!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010
    Insomniac487, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  2. averagejenny

averagejenny Peon

Best Answers:
    Insominiac, why would you think your sites will get banned? Would you be doing something illegal against TOS with Google? If I were you I would make the 5 websites on one hosting site but I would take my time with building the sites. I don't think Google would ban all of your sites if one was to get banned, it would just be the one that is against their TOS. Hope this helps you..

averagejenny, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  3. Insomniac487

Insomniac487 Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't mean to sound paranoid or over-worried but people always complain that their sites are getting banned for no reason or that they're getting click-bombed and show screenshots but google doesn't always believe your side of the story. Of course, sometimes looking at these people's websites you can tell they definitely did something wrong (duplicate content, too many ads, breaking ToS, etc) but sometimes it even seems a lot of innocent people are getting banned

i guess try to think positive is the only thing we can do

Insomniac487, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  4. GeminiGerald

GeminiGerald Peon

Best Answers:
    GeminiGerald, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  5. 123funda

123funda Member

Best Answers:
    at insomaniac i am agreed with u many time innocent ppls are banned for no reason.... at your question i dont think google should have any problem with website hosting host ur website where ever u want,, but i have read that only your one google adsense account is enough for ur many websites

123funda, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  6. micksss

micksss Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If your account gets banned it wouldn't matter if you had your websites on different servers. When your Google Adsense account gets banned you can no longer use the program at all, anywhere.

micksss, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  7. CyborgCrook

CyborgCrook Peon

Best Answers:
    If you're referring to Google Adsense then what people are telling you is that have multiple Adsense accounts so that if one of your accounts get banned for whatever reason, you don't lose all your money.

CyborgCrook, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  8. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A) no it has nothing to do with getting banned a professional knows not to break the rules so there is no risk. Google will sometimes ban a single site or your whole ip of sites no matter where they are hosted.

The quote was stated for PROFIT(EGGS). It means don't just rely on one revenue source.

Laceygirl, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  9. Insomniac487

Insomniac487 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the wonderful help guys, appreciate it much

Insomniac487, Aug 4, 2010 IP