1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Gym?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by theezy, Aug 2, 2010.

Are you a member of a gym?

I just joined up at the Gym today. Its $40 a month so its affordable for me. They took me on a tour and its a really nice gym and brand new. I can go to any of the other gyms in the area too if I want. I think there is like 6 of them but they are all a longer drive so I probably wont go to them that much.

Here is they layout of the gym (pulled it off their website):
    [​IMG]

Its open 24 hours a day too which is good because I don't get off work until 10pm (starting next week again) so I can go after work.
    I was going to put my daughter on the plan but its an extra $10 a month, they only have day-care service Monday-Friday (and 9am-1pm on Saturday). The (daycare) kids part of the gym is really cool though. Since I have her on the weekend it doesn't make sense to pay $10 a month for her to come with me only on Saturday in the morning. They did give me a 2 week guest pass for her so I can take her with me to see if she likes it. If she really does like it then I might spring for the extra membership, but for now its no.

Tomorrow I have a session with a personal trainer after work so he can show me how to use all the different types of equipment, take my body fat percentage, set some goals and all that stuff.
    After that I suppose I can do it all on my own. :p

theezy, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  2. looking4vps

looking4vps Peon

Best Answers:
    I looks like a nice gym from the plan and $40 is not a bad price

looking4vps, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  3. theezy

theezy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I bet they gave me a free session with a personal trainer so I pay for one full time. Not gonna happen. I dont need a cheerleader. lol
    I'll do the one free session though. :p

theezy, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  4. looking4vps

looking4vps Peon

Best Answers:
    There is no need for a trainer "cheerleader in my opinion" people should just have the will to do things themselves

looking4vps, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  5. theezy

theezy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you. People tell me that getting used to exercising on a regular basis is tough at 1st but once you get over that hurdle and get used to it, it can be a relaxing stress reliever and you will have more energy all the time.

theezy, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  6. andreimc

andreimc Peon

Best Answers:
    Its a very good price for all the facilities you mentioned including personal trainer. Good luck with your new goals! ;)

andreimc, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  7. Vindrome

Vindrome Peon

Best Answers:
    Good gym. A lot of different areas for different muscle groups, and it's nicely organized. I'm signed up to a gym called "Planet Fitness" - it's a chain all around USA so you may be familiar with it. I pay $20.99 a month, and that involves the gym, tanning, personal trainer 2 days a week, and free classes. I also can bring in guests at any time, for free of charge for them. It's pretty cool.

Vindrome, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  8. drunker1988

drunker1988 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes! i have take a trainer his nice job to support my fitness body....

drunker1988, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  9. cloudybutnice

cloudybutnice Peon

Best Answers:
    cloudybutnice, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  10. twotango

twotango Peon

Best Answers:
    I love being in a gym and get sweat but I don't have much time for it.

twotango, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  11. Rocale

Rocale Peon

Best Answers:
    No I am naturally strong I haven't need to join Gym................

Rocale, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  12. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Nice set up, do post some internal pics of your Gym if u can.

getjimmy, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  13. baneweb

baneweb Peon

Best Answers:
    I train hard for free, at home :)
    [​IMG]

baneweb, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  14. jwpdad

jwpdad Peon

Best Answers:
    I am a member of the YMCA - a little more than 40 a month but it is for the whole family. Whether you go to a gym or workout at home, the key is to stay active, online marketing and forum posting is great but we all need to recharge and stay fit.

jwpdad, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  15. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "I don't need to pay money to join a gym. The world is my gym. The hills, the trees, the rivers. They are my gym" :D

~ Jez, Peep show

Jasonb, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  16. MikeM82

MikeM82 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, i've been lifting weights religiously for 15 yrs now. i guess i would classify as a "gym rat" if you want to get technical. i workout 4-5 days a week minimum and rarely ever miss a day.

40 bucks a month is reasonable. i workout at golds gym and pay 29.99 a month. so 10 bucks more isnt that bad. plus, golds only offers freeweights and some aerobics classes. they dont have a pool or any of that other stuff.

i have no need for it so its no matter to me.

btw, during the free personal training session, they are going to try and upsell you to buy a personal training package so be ready. Trust me, i know... :)

MikeM82, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  17. theezy

theezy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just met with the trainer for my free session. We sat down and did my body fat percentage and set some goals and he told me what type of stuff I should do at the gym, my eating habbits, how often I should work out, etc etc. Then we went and did a 30 minute workout and it was rough. I am out of shape. My legs and arms are still tingling.

After the work out we went back to his office and he tried to convince me to hire on a personal trainer which was not working because I dont want a trainer and I can't afford it. Those trainers are expensive! The cheapest option was like $200 a month for only one day a week with a trainer.. Not going to happen for me. He told me that I have a 100% chance of meeting my goals if I had a trainer and a 0% to 25% chance of meeting my goals on my own. He also said since I never been to a gym before I will probably just wander around the gym trying out different machines at random without getting any results. He said without anyone motivating me and hold me accountable, I will probably just give up and quit the gym after a while. He probably thought his de-motivational comments would make me think I NEED a trainer to get success BUT it had the opposite effect. It makes me want to get results on my own even more.

Anyway, after the workout session with the trainer I was pretty wiped out so I just walked around the gym to get a feel for the place.. Looks like its going to be fun. :)

theezy, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  18. parker9

parker9 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just left the gym 2 months ago because exams had started and now i am feeling really lazy to renew the membership.

parker9, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  19. theezy

theezy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I lost my Sauna virginity at the gym today. It was intense. It was sooooooo hot in there and the one guy in there who I was talking to showed me how to make it super steamy in there (to where you cant even see).. He got a bottle of water and poured it all over the parts that make the steam. I tried to sit in there for as long as I could but I could only last about 20 minutes. It did make my skin feel great though. Supposedly it opens up your pores or something... Not sure what sauna's do exactly but I liked it. :)

Before that I did a half hour on the treadmill and swam laps for a half hour... I am still sore from the intense workout with the trainer yesterday so I will take it easy until the soreness wears off. My lazy a** is not used to exercising yet. :eek::p

theezy, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  20. vr_1125

vr_1125 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice gym! By any chance is it 24hour fitness? The reason I ask is because you mentioned it was opened 24 hours. Anywho... I always gone to the gym off and on, but never had a personal trainer. I actually started with my person trainer yesterday at my gym and SHE WAS NO JOKE! I've always thought that having a personal trainer is a waste of time, but if you really think about it, most of us dont know the first thing to do in the gym so you're pretty much wasting time and money. I work better under pressure and having a trainer next to me guiding me and encouraging me to do it, is worth the money for me! Obviously, Im not going to pay evey month for a trainer, but I think after 1 month of her telling me the "right way" of doing things, my money would have paid off..

BTW- $40.00 a month is a steal considering you have all the extra perks like the pool, sauna, tanning massage and many more.. Im super jealous..lol

Good luck to you, hope everything works out! :)

vr_1125, Aug 10, 2010 IP