1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Whats the Point of Spaming

Discussion in 'Directories' started by turrant, Aug 1, 2010.

What’s the Point of Spaming directories, forums and other websites when obliviously its does nothing but destroys your business image. People who see spam usually don’t even bother to click the link and when some people do they will just look at the first page and leave, even if the website looks neat and safe, it belongs to a spammer and no one will trust it with there money. I have a forum and I get loads of Spam each day mostly bot Spam, but I have a filter to block ips, emails or user names that may have spamed other websites. The filter compares the users ips, emails or username to a database at stopforumspam.com and other Spam filtering websites. They even have bots spaming for them, that is kind of dumb to be honest.

All Spam does is damage your image before you even start, why do people still do it? Sure they might get a backlink but it probably wont count for crap.

Will there be a day when one can set up a forum or directory without getting 100 spam links pointing to the same website?

turrant, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  2. MelfromBoD

MelfromBoD Active Member

Best Answers:
    You said they might get a backlink but it probably wont count for crap.

Not only will it definitely not count for anything these spamming retards are basically shooting themselves in foot. Spammers must be brain dead drones because they can't possibly think that will help any.

Another one is the retards mass spamming directories with submissions that look like this:

Title: http://www.spammerslink.com
    Url: http://www.spammerslink.com
    Description: http://www.spammerslink.com
    Owner: http://www.spammerslink.com

It's ridiculous man, these idiots really think someone is going to accept a link like that in any decent directory.

MelfromBoD, Aug 1, 2010 IP
    Akela likes this.
  3. Montreal Classifieds

Montreal Classifieds Active Member

Best Answers:
    it is all about money.
    spam websites just trying to steal your money, or steal your information (like email, name, address, phonee, website) and sale it after, or just use for email campaigns to promote different products.

Montreal Classifieds, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  4. peterzhou

peterzhou Peon

Best Answers:
    But i really see some sites performing well by spamming, do u mean it is not good in the long run?

peterzhou, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  5. foreststone

foreststone Peon

Best Answers:
    spamming is for short time business, they want to make money fast , then disppear.

foreststone, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  6. hur

hur Peon

Best Answers:
    I also do not understand the point of spamming. I think mostly are newbies who hear that forum marketing is great, and do not wait to hear the rest of the advice DO NOT SPAM.
    I am not sure if anyone get there by spamming, I refuse to click on spammer's link , I am not sure who does?
    I am newbie here but not newbie to forum etiquette or even just common sense.

hur, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  7. turrant

turrant Active Member

Best Answers:
    Plus as i mentioned in my first post, the spammers ip will be reported to great websites such as stopforumspam and the spammer will be blocked from registering on forums or any website that uses a spam filter. Imagine if a spammer wanted to register to a forum that he/she actually found interesting then found out there ip was blocked for spamming hundreds of other websites, i think they might have a moment of regret and then move on and continue there daily spamming.

Maybe those sites hire people to spam for them which i can not see helping them.

turrant, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  8. simey

simey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Bingo.

Even if spamming became 0% effective starting tomorrow. The spammers would still remain.
    Why?

Because there is a constant stream of newbee advertisers who don't know what to look for when buying links, advertisements, 'traffic', email ads, etc. So the spammers will gladly supply them with their cr@p.

simey, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  9. circlecity

circlecity Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't most "smart" spammers use proxies or something?

circlecity, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  10. carriethomson

carriethomson Peon

Best Answers:
    I think spaming is not that good to do for promote your busines, product or services, It just spoils the image of your business regarding your site. The success is not the name of short cut but it is available at the long distance using great efforts.

carriethomson, Aug 10, 2010 IP