1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do u believe in God?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ozeeya, Jul 25, 2010.

1. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    yeah because that actually happens and you haven't just made it up at all. Don't be so ungrateful for everything scientists have done for you which included already saving your life many times over.

My enemies very much do exist. They are the liars intent on poisoning a childs brain with the primitive nonsense they were tricked in to believing, they are the people who rape children, the people who mutilate genitals because of a voice someone heard in their head thousands of years ago, they are the people who treat women worse than animals and the people who demand everybody else live by their imaginary rules. I don't really have a problem with your infantile invisible friend, i think it's stupid and childish, but that's all. My main problem is what idiots think their particular invisible friend wants them to do.

stOx, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  2. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Saving my life over and over again? I wouldn't consider Halls and Birth control much of a life saver but I'm gradeful for them both.

I agree. I don't like serial killers and rapists like Jeffery Dahmer either.

Laceygirl, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  3. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    We own them also to teach them about the real world which includes religion.

It was law that slowed down science, from mr. bush

it is not slowing down science

eric8476, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  4. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Teach them about religion, of course. Don't teach them that it is true though and certainly don't try to displace science with mythology.

A law which was introduced on religious grounds.

I gave you examples of times when religion was used to hinder scientific advancement. Now you are just denying reality, which was always inevitable.

stOx, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  5. vibinhari

vibinhari Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I was thinking... if one day out of the blue I said "The angel Gabriel came to me while I was meditating and commanded me to spread the message of God... (insert insanely long God related stanza here)". Would you believe me?

vibinhari, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  6. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The usage of a condom is not slowing down science unless someone with HIV could have been a scientist

eric8476, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  7. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think the message about God is the important part

eric8476, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  8. vibinhari

vibinhari Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Let us just imagine it is a really good peaceful message emphasizing on living good lives and loving everyone. The question is: would you believe that an angel came to me or would you say I've finally gone cuckoo...?

vibinhari, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  9. TG2006

TG2006 Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm not religious but I do believe in God. How else do you explain the creation of intelligence?

TG2006, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  10. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    their is no way to tell, you could have or not. but what is important is what you say

eric8476, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  11. jdw4jesus

jdw4jesus Peon

Best Answers:
    I sure do! He is my Everything! :) Praise the Lord! :)

jdw4jesus, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  12. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    Have you looked around these boards much? Not a heck of a lot of intelligence going on.

Roman, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  13. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is spreading misinformation, that is detrimental to science. What about when they try to teach creationism in science class and try to make stem cell research illegal?

In the instance of lying about the effectiveness of condoms to third world countries the moral implications of such a disgusting lie have greater implications than anything else. Think of all the people who have died because the vatican is an inherently evil institution willing to tell such filthy lies.

stOx, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  14. Aids

Aids Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes. When thinking of how the world was created no other theories make sense. My mind just has a violent headache!

Aids, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  15. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So because you don't understand more complicated explanations you have to believe it is an invisible man in the sky? How tragic.

What about vaccinations, antibiotics, dentistry, water treatment and agriculture? Do you consider, in your limited wisdom, those to be life savers? Feel free to stop using them at any point. hypocrite.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
    stOx, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  16. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you teach different points of views a person would not be misinformed and
    a person would know that something is there for protection and it would be
    better odds to stay protected with something like a condom.

eric8476, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  17. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They aren't teaching different points of view, they are teaching a lie as though it were the truth in order to make people do what they want them to at the expense of their life. It's repulsive, immoral and indefensible.

stOx, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  18. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There is is again. I mentioned before that the people of religion can't learn to just accept others for their beliefs and this is an example of vise versa right here. Everyone notice his major attempt to mock something that he believes does not exist? It kind of contradicts himself that he doesn't believe in God himself.

Stox's why can you just let people do what they want in life and believe what they want. I'm not a big fan of science myself, for example: your siggy "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." which just doesn't make much sense at all realistically.
    1. Flying to the moon and wasting billions of dollars to get there to walk on it, leave a flag, then come back is not productive at all. Where does science help you or humankind at all by flying somewhere like that.
    2. Blaming all religions for the 9/11 is absolutely insane. You realize that it was a person who did that so why not step up that stupid line and say "hey, let's hate ALL people instead!" That is the logic that you are showing. You are blaming a mass amount of people for one individual. And why stop there, what about the person who put the fuel in the plane, or the person who made the plane, how about the person who created the tools to make the plane.

Please let it go, your argument is pointless. You should understand this because its not very complicated.

Laceygirl, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  19. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    People can do what they want, so long as it doesn't effect other people. The second they air their views on a public forum they are subject to criticism and scrutiny though. if you want to have your opinions protected, keep them to yourself.

Your logic is flawed in the two points you attempted to make.
    1. regardless what you think the benefits to science were with the moon landing, it was science that made it possible. So science DID fly us to the moon
    2. The people who flew the planes into the twin towers did do it because of religion. So religion DID fly people in to buildings.

You can pretend i was making other claims to make arguing against me easier for you, but it's there for everyone to see and you do nothing but damage your already nonexistent credibility. I think this is the bit where you either threaten me with eternal punishment in your sky daddies torture basement or start unashamedly lying. That's what the religious usually do.

stOx, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  20. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

Since when are scientist and the religious not the same - what a joke.

Breeze Wood, Aug 2, 2010 IP