1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

meta tag keywords help

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by ahheng, Aug 1, 2010.

Hi, i wonder can any SEO expert suggest me some meta tag keywords for my site? The link in the signature is my site.

ahheng, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  2. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    How are you supposed to learn if you don't do it yourself. Here, I'll guide you.

1. Here, open a window for your site and Google anylisis.
    2. Type in a search term in GA. Something that you think your site is mostly about. I'm going to search "PSP Game Reviews"
    3. When the list comes up click on "Global Monthly Searches" to get the list in order of most to least visits
    4. OK, now that you got your list you obviously should know that you don't want your main keywords to be the one's with the most searches because obviously you'll get nowhere trying to rank against Gamespy, etc. so scroll down a bit.
    5. oooh, looking into your niche the list is showing me that the type of site you have has HIGH competitors even for lower searched keywords but no worries. Depending on your seo skill which I will assume is low you need to choose how strong you want your competitors for keywords. Lets try to stay low for you so that you don't waste your life away getting no rankings after lots of work.
    6. This is where you pick your own keywords. I recommend one's that have a "7000 searches" that are lower on the bar for competitors. The reason you need to pick them is because you know what your site is about, you know how much the main page uses the keyword in the content, yo uknow the alt titles of your pictures.

Good luck

Laceygirl, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  3. Jalpari

Jalpari Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Use adwords so you can better define your primary and secondary keywords. You may also try SKTool new Google keyword tool.

Jalpari, Aug 1, 2010 IP
    Laceygirl likes this.
  4. Joe Hansens

Joe Hansens Guest

Best Answers:
    Honestly, meta keywords isn't that important, I'd recommend choosing 4, and no more, as google etc will put more weight into the ones which you do choose

Joe Hansens, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  5. sajjad.axe

sajjad.axe Peon

Best Answers:
    psp game reviews is the best according to me and psp game reviews ratings is the worst , i have looked up for this one few weeks back , i would like you to check for the latest ones

sajjad.axe, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  6. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I use 15 and rank in 12, so it's important for me!

Laceygirl, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  7. vijay pathania

vijay pathania Peon

Best Answers:
    i dont think meta keyword is going to work anymore...only meta description and title will work for you so focus on that instead of meta keywords

vijay pathania, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  8. tech0925

tech0925 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google does not pay meta keywords as much attention as other search engines. So in that perspective, it is still important to use good defined keywords. I would limit the keywords to 10 or less.

tech0925, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  9. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It isn't.
    You don't rank because of what's in your meta key word tag.
    Here's a post from the official Google blog called 'Google does not use keywords meta tag in ranking.' They couldn't be any less ambiguous if they tried.

"Q: Does Google ever use the "keywords" meta tag in its web search ranking?
    A: In a word, no."

http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2009/09/google-does-not-use-keywords-meta-tag.html

magda, Aug 3, 2010 IP