1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can you tell if Google is punishing you (because of the ad-network)?

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by txchou, Apr 16, 2005.

Its all there in the title... I found my visitors double after joining the network but after one week its half of what it was before I joined, is this related to the ad-network or is it something else entirely?

txchou, Apr 16, 2005 IP
    gford likes this.
  2. a389951l

a389951l Must Create More Content

Best Answers:
    Oh boy here we go again.

a389951l, Apr 16, 2005 IP
    txchou likes this.
  3. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    And as always, it is someone with less than 5 posts...

fryman, Apr 16, 2005 IP
    txchou likes this.
  4. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    Well no kidding it is someone with less than five posts- if they were here a long time, they'd have read it.

txchou- dont worry about the adnetwork- not a problem.

schlottke, Apr 16, 2005 IP
    txchou likes this.
  5. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    That's my point, there are loads of posts about this already, why not take 5 minutes and do a search??

fryman, Apr 16, 2005 IP
  6. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Or...

Why not answer with one short post as schlottke did instead of whining in two posts about the fact that a newcomer to the forum asked the question?

minstrel, Apr 17, 2005 IP
    wendydettmer and txchou like this.
  7. celt

celt Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you, Minstrel

celt, Apr 17, 2005 IP
    minstrel and txchou like this.
  8. txchou

txchou Peon

Best Answers:
    i looked through the faq didn't see it mentioned; other people had been raising this in forums on other sites - i thought i'd give you guys a chance to reply [to those people]; the simply answer would have been .. "somthing else entirely"

i just can't think of any other reason why my stats are moving so wildly - since they've been the same for a year now; if nothing its highly coincidental...

can someone point me to a good thread on this topic?

txchou, Apr 17, 2005 IP
  9. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    All COOP's have the same concern that you do. So the question is are we being penalized? I personally cannot ever envision seeing this as it is the basic priniciple that advertising online works on. With MSN and Yahoo this is and amazing promotional tool, still.

However, there is rumors that Google is going to (Has already?) seriously devalue COOP links (link-curning). Here's a thread that discusses this:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=13486.

In my situation the COOP has been very rewarding http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=12271

Keeping in mind that nothing lasts forever.

Homer, Apr 17, 2005 IP
  10. michail1

michail1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't THINK google is penal about the coop yet. The reason I say this is because I started with the coop many months ago. My stats have gone WAY up and fast. Two weeks ago, dps stopped validating my sites (upgrading to the new ASP version, confirmed IP address was not banned), and my stats are going down. My ranking with google has dropped and I show a lot less links now. DPS not validating me anymore has penalized my sites, NOT google. (At least not yet, but doesn't matter now since I can't validate 9 sites on ASP version - althought ads are still happily being shown).

michail1, Apr 17, 2005 IP
    txchou likes this.
  11. txchou

txchou Peon

Best Answers:
    What are the chances of seeing a Co-op Ad Network #2 with more permanent links and categories... I do remember reading that categories may be introduced; would it be more beneficial to have more categories or less broader subject categories eg. i'd like one for say sports > tennis > australia (if thats possible) - i'm not sure if i'd even get any links in that case... but I'd personally prefer just a few links directly related to my site as opposed to a huge amount on unrelated sites (regardless of their rankings). To me, even if a hundred people told me it was better for my search engine results to have ten thousand unrelated links to high ranking pages than it would be to have a link on a dozen tennis sites, I would still feel I wasn't so much "cheating" the system.

If I've got some of the technical speak wrong, don't flame me, I'm only new to it all; you've got to start somewhere right?

Also, my other question is: if you remove your advertisments from the network is it possible/usual for your visits to drop below what they started at?

txchou, Apr 17, 2005 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  12. michail1

michail1 Peon

Best Answers:
    My validation problem was finally solved (amazingly by just testing a new site) by NOT having a second coop on the page. So, took the second coop off all my pages and all are good now.

michail1, Apr 17, 2005 IP
  13. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:

Or...

Why don't you answer the question, instead of butting in and adding nothing?

fryman, Apr 17, 2005 IP
  14. skattabrain

skattabrain Peon

Best Answers:
    i'm seeing rankings on more than one site start to nose dive. so while "this question has been asked before", i do think something is changing for me. i rely on coop like ... a lot. it hasn't helped me "zoom in on phrases" on google in a while, msn and yahoo seem to appreciate it still but i have a feeling the party is over.

skattabrain, Apr 17, 2005 IP
    txchou likes this.
  15. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    And who's error is that? Shawn for not making the coop links static, or you for not doing things the way you should and thinking that the coop is a miracle way of getting instant, free rankings?

fryman, Apr 17, 2005 IP
  16. E Doc Tong

E Doc Tong Peon

Best Answers:
    My oh my - does anyone else find this amusing ?
    Fryman shoots himself in the foot again.

There are lots of threads on this forum that I'm not particularly interested in. I don't post to them saying - this is boring, I've heard it 1000 times, or - you are wrong - if you don't like it - leave now. etc I just move on.

If you find a thread that you aren't interested in - why on earth do you waste your valuable(?) time posting 1 line insults to people you've never met.

If a subject has been discussed before and you remember it, and you have the time to post a quick response with a link to it - then that would be useful to the newer members - as a reference. If people then decide to continue to discuss the subject, surely that is up to them. If no one is interested, no one will reply and the thead will die pretty quickly. What's the big CRIME? Or is it really just a pathetic way to try and appear smart or something? What was that saying - something about it being better to keep quiet and let everyone think you are a fool, than to open your mouth and prove them right.

I find it quite useful to list all the posts an indivual has made, you get a pretty good idea how smart they really are after reading a handful of their messages.

E Doc Tong, Apr 17, 2005 IP
    txchou, mopacfan and minstrel like this.
  17. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Because by the time I got here (and before your second worthless post here) schlottke had already answered...

You are truly a moron, fryman -- can you explain to me how your posts in this thread (I won't for the moment address the dubious value of your posts in other threads) added anything useful at all?

18. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Yeah, whatever, not going to loose my time with someone like you, you aren't worth it :D

fryman, Apr 17, 2005 IP
  19. minstrel

Best Answers:
    ...proving once again that he is the undisputed master of the witty rejoinder.

By the way, the word is "lose" not "loose", although even then it wouldn't be the best word to use... try "waste" next time...

20. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Yup, you are right, waste my time would be correct. And you posted at the same time I did, I meant that post to be directed to that E Doc Tong creature. At least you are a regular here for whom I have some respect, even though you are sometimes a real pain in the ass, but for a newbie that just joined the forum to do nothing but complain about the coop, it's a different story...

fryman, Apr 17, 2005 IP