1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is this niche-finding strategy going to work?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by sanchez, Jul 28, 2010.

Hey guys,

I was wondering how do you find your niche and what strategy brings best results? I've been using the standard approach like:

Choosing a keyword or two-keywords-phrase that has less than 1.000.000 results in Google, less than 20.000 searches per month, very weak competition, and decent PPC rate, etc....

But here is another idea I was thinking of:

Choosing a long phrase that has very competitive keywords in it, like "student loanconsolidation calculator", which has just about the same amount of searches (as a phrase), but the price for the most valuable keywords is high (loans = about $20 per click).

Obviously, there is no chance to compete with websites that target "loan" keyword, but how about a long phrase like that? Is there a chance to be on top when someone types in an exact phrase that has high paying keywords? Am I missing something here? It just sounds too easy. I haven't heard of this method before, and somehow I don't believe I'm the only person who came up with this idea.

I'd appreciate some comments

sanchez, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  2. michiganfootball20

michiganfootball20 Peon

Best Answers:
    dont give away a good niche like that.. keep it to yourself.

michiganfootball20, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  3. sanchez

sanchez Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I gave that niche away because it's already occupied - I used it just as example. So, do you think the second approach I described could be just as good?

sanchez, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  4. supernal

supernal Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, this is a really good question. I'm subscribing to this thread and see what kind of answers it gets.

supernal, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  5. Excel 8

Excel 8 Guest

Best Answers:
    yeah, you might be richer than what you are now.

I understand, we don't know unless we try.

Excel 8, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  6. furca

furca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I go after niches with only 30 to 60 searches per month and i'm rockin'.

furca, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  7. Am I Tinman

Am I Tinman Peon

Best Answers:
    Well this method had been widely used for the longest time.

The chance to be up in serp is definitely easier, but it also have to depend on the niche. The kind of niche you mention, I would suggest unless you have the time otherwise give it a miss.

I took half a year to be in first page for a 3 words phase, with tons of promo. backlinks, etc and was up there for only half a month and eventually overtook by my competitors again.

The matter in fact all the high paying niche are already saturated.

Go for lower competitive niche that pays $1-5, build a few sites, the chance that you are up there are much easier. faster and cheaper.

Am I Tinman, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  8. X13

X13 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you using any tools? Micro Niche Finder? Market Samurai?

X13, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  9. jbarnett

jbarnett Peon

Best Answers:
    Magic Niche Finder is the best niche finding tool on the market, take my words for it.

jbarnett, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  10. X13

X13 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea... and it costs $200...

X13, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  11. Ironclad

Ironclad Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many different strategies that you can use but, yea, you can use a long-tail keyphrase with high paying keywords within it to nudge yourself into a good position to make some adsense cash. But finding the right kind of keyphrase can be really, really difficult because as we all know the more words present within a certain keyphrase the more permutations there are to put them together.

You will probably need to sign up to a keyword research service or do some hardcore keyword research by yourself to find the right keyphrase that can work with adsense.

It does work (I was lucky to find one a year a so back and it's making a decent amount of money now) but after two failed attempts to find another one I've more or less given up on the idea (it's not as easy as you think).

The fact is that you have to try and find the best strategy that works for you. There are so many different ways to find a lucrative adsense niche.

Good luck with your ideas.

Ironclad, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  12. sanchez

sanchez Active Member

Best Answers:
    You guys are amazing, thanks so much for your feedback.

sanchez, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  13. tabuhan

tabuhan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's a great niche tools ;)

tabuhan, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  14. bigrollerdave

bigrollerdave Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    All these get rich quick schemes pop up all the time. To be honest a few people might make some money off of them but the majority will not. The people making the true money is the e-book sellers. Here are a few adsense get rich quick schemes I've seen on here.

Niche Targeting - Create a website or blog with a niche targeted keywords. The website only contains 5-10 pages at most. The goal is to rank high in the keywords so you generate a lot of traffic. Go to the for sale section and you will see a bunch of these sites for 10$-20$ because it simply isn't making any money.

1000 blogs - Create 1000 blogs at a time and if each blog gets 1 click per day that's 1000 clicks. Problem is 95% of the blogs will just sit there and not make any money. You might get lucky and have a few clicks per day, but you would have wasted so much time it wouldn't be worth it.

Adsense Site - This one was popular for a while create a site with a paragraph or 2 and load the page with as many adsense ads as you can. As long as the user clicks on the screen he/she is bound to click on an ad.

I can go on and on....The fact of the matter is google can see right through these scams. Think about it you use google as your default search engine correct? How many times have you searched for a topic and came across a site like I posted above? Maybe once a month if that. Google can tell the difference between a legit site and a site just created to make people rich quickly.

The worst part about this is these scams are only on digitalpoint really. If you go to other webmaster forums no one talks about these. Digitalpoint is full of new web designers who's dream is to make it big online. They usually fall victim to these scams because they don't know better.

If you own a legit site, update it as often as you can, use fresh content google will figure this out. They will reward you for being an honest webmaster and you will move up in the ranks.

bigrollerdave, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  15. jbarnett

jbarnett Peon

Best Answers:
    Use coupon code "wso". :p

jbarnett, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  16. laser5

laser5 Peon

Best Answers:
    Matt Bush has some useful videos and a keyword tool on niche marketing

laser5, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  17. laserlife1

laserlife1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I second that!

laserlife1, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  18. rewardsguy007

rewardsguy007 Member

Best Answers:
    I use wordtracker tool. Generraly prefer niche having less than 10000 searches per month, low competition and high paying keyword.

rewardsguy007, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  19. furca

furca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is no need for "Micro niche finder". All tools are available online for free. Just do some searching and use your brain. I'm up to 50 profitable mini sites with 0 investment in tools.

furca, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  20. aaramire

aaramire Peon

Best Answers:
    But tools make it so much easier to understand some times. I use tools like market samurai for the simple fact that I can access 90% of my data from one source.

aaramire, Jul 31, 2010 IP