1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Do u believe in God?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by ozeeya, Jul 25, 2010.

1. gunners

gunners Peon

Best Answers:
    i dont believe in god
    and thats what scares me the most

because religious people have this hope that after death their will be heaven or hell and all the things like re-incarnation

but for an atheist like me i know that after death my existence from the earth/universe is completely vanished.

which made me realize to another point that since we all are just an organic machine why are we not developing technology that can give us more life span or heck a body which does not age.

and i think its the religion which is degrading the potential of human mind.

gunners, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  2. dannobester

dannobester Peon

Best Answers:
    Ask Jesus. He said, "I am THE way, THE truth, THE life NO ONE gets to the father but through ME."

He said it ... I believe it.

dannobester, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  3. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sure I believe in God(Jesus) and the whole bit.

I understand why people would not believe and I have great respect for the non-believers who respect people who believe in God but choose to to themselves. I'm sorry to say there's not many though. The beleivers think that the non's are foolish and the non's think the believers are insane.:)

Laceygirl, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  4. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you know most prophets from other religions said the same thing... why disregard their claims?

stOx, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  5. looking4vps

looking4vps Peon

Best Answers:
    You couldn't have said that any better. I have friends on both sides of this argument and I don't treat them any different. I have seen people pass judgment on others because of this very fact and I don't think they should judge people on this one way or the other

looking4vps, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  6. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    Seriously, this is an awesome point. We all know religion kills others but think about it, if it wasn't for religion we'd be way ahead in science resulting in a lot longer lives. Bottom line, even if you don't believe, religion killed you a lot sooner.

*NEW MOTTO: Screw god, live longer*

Roman, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  7. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    How is religion slowing down science?

eric8476, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  8. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creation_Science
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_Galilei#Heliocentric_theory_and_ecclesiastical_trial

Need any more examples?

The problem religion has is that it assumes it has an unquestionable truth. And that is always a bad thing. When someone has some text which they believe is flawless and then are exposed to a contrary idea, one which is supported by evidence, they inherently have to rejet the new idea, all the evidence supporting it and are forced to propagate a lie in defence of their dogma. Because the only other option is to admit that their "truth" is wrong.

The religious are unable to follow evidence to it's logical conclusion if doing so contradicts what they already assume to be a flawless truth. Now that is fine if they kept it to them selves, but they don't.

stOx, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  9. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

danno, can you prove the Christian quote - or any of the Christian beliefs as being authentic?

How would beliefs over knowledge accomplish anything of a substantial / real understanding in reaching a destination? Just why do Christians believe being with the Creator is a goal the Creator expects when mankind has been expelled and is threatened with extinction for their dissension already. Maybe just getting back to the Garden would be enough for the time being.

Breeze Wood, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  10. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    In the past religion was tough on science but now it is not. There are debates and discussions between the religious and science but they are just different point of views. remember, Science and Atheism are different

eric8476, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  11. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    So why are religious people trying to get creationism taught in schools as an alternative to evolution?
    Why are religious people attempting to stand in the way of stem-cell research?
    Why are religious people propagating lies about the effectiveness of condoms in protecting people against HIV in Africa?

stOx, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  12. BoatLicker

BoatLicker Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm part of god, I live inside god's body.To me, god is up there sitting under a tree meditating.And this universe is inside god's body.We live inside's god's brain.Just like cells live in us, we live inside god's body.

BoatLicker, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  13. jbarnett

jbarnett Peon

Best Answers:
    I AM god.

Disbelieve me and I'll put you in hell for eternity.

Mark my words!

jbarnett, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  14. jbarnett

jbarnett Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you see and hear him say it or do you just believe whatever everybody around you tell you?

jbarnett, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  15. BoatLicker

BoatLicker Peon

Best Answers:
    If there is no god, then who created everything ? How did you come into existing ? Who created earth ? Who created the universe.Now you know that someone created it, and he is non other than god.

BoatLicker, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  16. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Why are you assuming it has to be a "who"?

stOx, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  17. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    they want a different point of view in the classroom.

not all of the religious are behind this

not all of the religious are behind this. you got to understand that there are also different points of view within religions. not all are rational and not all are irrational.

eric8476, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  18. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The education of children is nothing to do with points of view. We owe it to them to teach them the truth, and if that happens to be directly contradictory to what you read in an old book then that's just tough.

Should we also teach them the point of view that the holocaust didn;t happen, that the world is flat and that black people are a sub-species of human? Where does this end? The classroom isn't a place to have "points of views" aired, it's a place for education.

No but the people behind it are religious, therefor it's one example of how religion is slowing down science.

No but the people behind it are religious, therefor it's one example of how religion is slowing down science.

stOx, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  19. Aven

Aven Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course I believe in God. one God, and Mohammad as his messenger.

Aven, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  20. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, but like I said. 99% are consider it either a friend or an enemy as opposed to let people do what they want.

Really? I though science was being slowed down because the gov't paid scientists driving around in Porche's picking up all of the ladies and then going to work the piece apart a rats body over and over again for for 20yrs straight......

Just for the FWI, nobody should bother arguing with Stox about religion because he's only at Digitalpoint to pick a fight because he's a God hater. He Believes in God better than most people. Who would fight a battle so strong against an enemy who does not exist....

Laceygirl, Aug 1, 2010 IP