1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Listing Sites Just Because

Discussion in 'Directories' started by CReed, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Doc2626

Doc2626 Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, CReed, for the idea and the thread, and thanks to each of you that stepped up. Rachel will appreciate it, I know. We WILL get her this operation!

@pipes - I used to have a similar attitude, in that I didn't trust people until they had given me reason to believe they deserved to be trusted. Once burned, and all that.

Sometime around 25 years or so back, I took a look at myself, and didn't much like what I saw, so I decided I either needed to change a few things, or stop shavin'.

I started trusting people (obviously, not blindly... just the benefit of the doubt) until they had given me a reason NOT to. Believe it or not, I've been screwed fewer times with that philosophy than with the old one. Part of that's probably because I'm creepin' up on sixty, so I've gotten at least a little more savvy. But I like the guy in the mirror a whole lot more now, grayed, wrinkled, and as ugly as he is.

I'm not saying it'll work for everybody. But being a cynic tends to eat at you, from the inside out. It's kinda like a cancer, too.

Difference is, no transplant's gonna fix it. ;)

Doc2626, Jul 31, 2010 IP
    Halobitt likes this.
  2. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    @Doc2626's about 25 years ago i feel even by then you would of had enough life experience to enable you to suss people a bit easier.

I think thats why the whole education thing at school happens when it does, because they're too young to question much, by the time they get old enough to begin questioning what they were taught, they have already be conditioned to accept certain things and certain ways.

It depends on the people who surround you, we all live in different types of environments, i wouldn't trust some members of my own family as far as i could throw them, and im even referring to immediate family too.

Ive found that questioning virtually everything keeps me from falling so easily for things.

I believe in "If you dont stand for something, you will fall for anything"

pipes, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  3. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I've found that the more I give, the more I unexpectedly get.

CReed, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  4. Doc2626

Doc2626 Member

Best Answers:
    Funny how that works, ain't it? ;)

Doc2626, Aug 2, 2010 IP
    Revelations-Decoder likes this.
  5. boblord666

boblord666 Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah well, I have spent the best part of the past year googling dog clubs and pet rescues to add for free to Woofahs Pet Directory. Must of added thousands. Hopefully some visitors do care that this has been done. It had nothing to do with any SEO stuff, just making the directory a good source of information.

boblord666, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  6. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Good to hear you're listing sites that you have a passion for. It's easy to do and it helps to build a better resource, not to mention that it might make a difference.

CReed, Aug 3, 2010 IP
  7. foreststone

foreststone Peon

Best Answers:
    I will add the good sites, because they have good content.

foreststone, Aug 4, 2010 IP
  8. newlogo

newlogo Peon

Best Answers:
    we will do listing of our site

newlogo, Aug 4, 2010 IP