1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

My Quest to Make $100 / Day From Scratch (And How You Can Too)

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by GCostanza, Jul 9, 2010.

1. GCostanza

GCostanza Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I actually do update my rankings in each blog post. As far as backlinking, I simply post on related forums with the Sniper site as my signature, along with writing articles to Ezine, GoArticles, Articlesbase, etc, with the keyword I'm trying to rank for as the anchor text.

It's really not anything special.

Any other questions. I'd be happy to answer.

Mike

GCostanza, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  2. simmo125

simmo125 Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post...will be interesting to see how it turns out for you. Good luck.

simmo125, Jul 20, 2010 IP
  3. GCostanza

GCostanza Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Due to my son not feeling well and having surgery, there won't be any updates until Monday.

Thanks for the support.

Mike

GCostanza, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  4. belltower

belltower Peon

Best Answers:
    I've read about this system before, but thought it had been dealt a death-blow by the new FTC disclosure regulations. Was I over-reacting? Do you do anything different to stay on the FTC's good side, should they come knocking?

belltower, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  5. regska

regska Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems that your sig is still not clickable. Anyway, I've seen this type of thread several times, but I never seen someone actually succeeded on this type of challenge. Better yet to work on it quietly, and once you become successful, announce it in the forum to inspire others, or you can make an ebook about your journey and the methods you used to make money and give it away for free to build your list, or sell it for like $27-$37.

I'm not saying that you can't do this, but I just saw this type of thread a lot of times, then all of a sudden the OP will be MIA. I hope you can make it, and if that day comes, don't forget to help other people as well.

Good luck!

P.S. are you doing affiliate marketing or are you selling your own product? Tell us what are you doing. =)

regska, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  6. regska

regska Peon

Best Answers:
    Hope your son will be feeling well soon. Will wait for your updates in the coming days. Stay positive. =) You can do it..

Regards,

Gary

regska, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  7. GCostanza

GCostanza Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks. He's fine now. Got pretty worried there for a few days.

I'll be updating the blog tomorrow. Haven't been able to get a whole lot of work done so it'll be a short update, then back on the horse again.

Appreciate the support!

Mike

PS: Signature is fixed. Thanks for that regska.

GCostanza, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  8. GCostanza

GCostanza Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Back to business! Thanks for your support guys:

No funny animal today. Straight to business.

Missed a few days because my son had surgery and ended up getting sick. Business is business, but family is much more important.

Anyway, he’s fine now…

As you can probably guess, I didn’t get ANY work done in the past week or so due to my son’s issues. I did, however, get some sales. Ahh, the beauty of passive income! In addition, I’ve decided to SELL one of my Sniper sites that’s doing particularly well, on the DP forums. Here’s the link if you’re interested:

WTS: Sniper Site.

There are earnings and traffic ‘proof’ as well.

Thanks for everyone who emailed me with their thoughts. Means a lot!

Earnings for 7-22-10 – 7-29-10: CB Snipers: $72.75

Earnings to date: $247.72

Take care,

Mike

P.S. I've listened to some of your suggestions and will be 'opening up' a little bit more in my blog about how I do certain things. However, I cannot blatantly give away the Google Sniper method like others have asked. That's something that could get me in some trouble and it's not fair to the product owner.

GCostanza, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  9. GIF

GIF Peon

Best Answers:
    So, your quest is finished on selling a website? Ahhh...

GIF, Jul 29, 2010 IP
  10. GCostanza

GCostanza Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi GIF,

Actually,if you follow my blog at all, you'll read that I have several Sniper sites. "Flipping" one or many (after they are profitable) is part of my business plan.

Never put all of your eggs in one basket. It would be difficult to rely completely on Sniper sites for my income.

Thanks for your comment. :)

Mike

GCostanza, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  11. Zavrion

Zavrion Peon

Best Answers:
    Deathblows, the FTC? All they ever do is pick up a couple trashcan lids from time to time, smash them together, and then walk away. You've got to really, really mess up before the FTC comes after you.

The reason these threads get locked is because they're often times leveraging schemes. In other words, the author basically has a pre-written script design to captivate the attention of every novice, and after they reach their goal what do they? They sell you how they did it. Bazzam, marketing genius.

Zavrion, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  12. GCostanza

GCostanza Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Day 14. Email me with suggestions on how to make the blog better (email is at the blog)

------------------

Back to the office. Ahhh….

Sorry for the late update, but I had to make up for the days I missed last week. Today I took a different approach than usual and did a TON of keyword research. I found 10 fairly solid keywords that I can build “Sniper” sites around.

I also did about 3 hours worth of backlinking. YAWN. I’m really close to finding a solid outsourcer for this because it really, really sucks.

A few people have email or PM’ed me on the WF and DP asking me to start giving ‘more’ away in the blog. I’m not opposed to that. However, I cannot *give* away the Google Sniper method (or any other method, for that matter) as some of you have asked. I’m sorry but that’s unfair to the product owner, and illegal to boot.

But, I will take your suggestions. What do you want to know? Email me and I’ll do the best I can to improve this blog. It’s for the readers, after all.

In addition, I’m extending the contest that I talked about earlier another week. I kind of lost track of it combined with me being out of the loop for a few days, so I’ll extend it until next Saturday. If you’d like to read about it, you can do so by clicking here.

Lastly, I do have one of my Sniper sites up for sale on the DP forum. You can visit the ‘auction’ by clicking here.

That particular site brought in over $100 it’s first month and has a very fair BIN (buy it now) price. Might be gone by the time you read this.

That’s it for today. Let’s hear some suggestions on how I can improve the blog and add more information for y’all.

Earnings for today:

CB Snipers: $0.00

Earnings to date:

CB Snipers: $247.72

Take care,

Mike

GCostanza, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  13. DrJalal

DrJalal Peon

Best Answers:
    Very interesting. Good luck with this. I will be reading!

DrJalal, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  14. aaramire

aaramire Peon

Best Answers:
    Very nice. It's good to see that you are seeing success with the Google Sniper Method. I tried the techniques on one site and failed to attract any sales. My site is on page one at rank 3 I believe right now but it didn't generate as much traffic as the keyword research had indicated (using market samurai and keyword blueprint).

With no sales, I turned the site into an adsense site. In the google sniper manual he talks about hits and misses and not giving up. Some advice for those of you who follow this approach and end up failing their first few times.

aaramire, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  15. GCostanza

GCostanza Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    aaramire,

One thing I've noticed is that the Google keyword tool can be very inaccurate at times. Probably because it was designed for AdWords. Sometimes I take a keyword that wouldn't appear to have a ton of monthly searches and use it anyway due to common sense. The site I'm selling, for example, doesn't do a killing for it's intended keyword, but I can guarantee you that people search for 'cure acne fast' on a regular basis. Mostly because I've done extensive research on that niche.

Was the keyword you used a buying keyword, and are you getting traffic? How's your pre-sell and the actual salespage? If you can pinpoint the issue, you can always change it back into an affiliate site and make more money (or if not, keep it as AdSense).

Mike

GCostanza, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  16. GCostanza

GCostanza Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Day 15: Keep the suggestions coming. I noticed a lot of you wanted me to add things to the page but then never emailed me. If I'm going to make the blog more user friendly, I need to know how. :)
    -------------------------------------

What’s up mofos?

Got a lot done today. Completed a Sniper site out of one of the keywords I picked yesterday. Registered the domain, installed WP, picked a theme, and got my first post up, along with the “About Me”, “Contact”, and “Privacy Policy” pages. I have a real good feeling about this keyword being a winner, and can’t believe it was available in .com form.

I also purchased UAW and am going to fiddle around with it so see if it makes backlinking any easier.

Recapping what I have so far:

9 Sniper sites. Some are incomplete. I would consider 5 of them completely “done.” I.e., I won’t have to touch them again. 2 of them I started and really haven’t messed with because I sort of forgot about them and the KWs I picked were questionable, so they’re on the backburner… And 2 I have all set up, but need to add more posts before they’re done.

Now, the best news of the day…

I got THREE sales! My biggest day by FAR. I’m very, very happy with that news. This is a lot of freaking work, despite what it seems like via my blog, so it’s good to get rewarded.

(P.S. 1 of the sales is from the site I have up for sale at DP, which is available here. 3 bidders thus far, but I haven’t closed the sale yet)

That’s it today, going to get a few drinks now. :)

Have a good Sunday, see ya Monday!

Earnings for today:

CB Snipers: $70.19

Earnings to date:

CB Snipers: $317.91

GCostanza, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  17. webspider20

webspider20 Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Mike, I would love to see some traffic stats to see how much traffic you are getting to each one of your sniper sites and also how many of them click through.

webspider20, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  18. jwpdad

jwpdad Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks - read through your blog, very inspirtational! I will be following your updates.

jwpdad, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  19. GCostanza

GCostanza Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Day 16: Blog updated, check the signature to read today's post. :)

Mike

GCostanza, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  20. jdhflip

jdhflip Peon

Best Answers:
    Very interesting thread and I think I'll tag along for a while! I take it these are 4 - 5 page sites?

jdhflip, Aug 2, 2010 IP